Login

russian armor

Is the Panther overpowered?

15 Apr 2019, 17:15 PM

Agree with most of what others have said ITT; Ostheer stock panther is fine, but the command panther is the real issue. In my experience right now panthers are pretty well balanced against their counters (Jacksons, Su-85, Firefly).
15 Apr 2019, 17:19 PM

A unit being balanced against their counters? What is that supposed to mean?
Is mainline inf supposed to be balanced against HMGs/Snipers/AI tanks?
A hard counter (AKA counter) is always on top.
Panthers are TD too so is a counter balanced against its own counter?
15 Apr 2019, 17:56 PM

Command Panther is expensive. If you're nerffing it. It needs a price adjustment. To my knowledge, it's not much more survivable than a regular panther and its vets apply to to other vehicles, not itself. Right?
15 Apr 2019, 18:15 PM

A hard counter (AKA counter) is always on top.

That is incorrect. A counter is not always, and should not always be on top. Despite the MG countering infantry, a well played infantry and or a poorly played MG will get flanked and beaten. All counters in the game should require some effort to use.
15 Apr 2019, 18:35 PM

Panther is perfectly balanced - no change is required.
15 Apr 2019, 19:05 PM

That is incorrect. A counter is not always, and should not always be on top. Despite the MG countering infantry, a well played infantry and or a poorly played MG will get flanked and beaten. All counters in the game should require some effort to use.

So are we saying the Panther has no counter? I'm confused here. Button, Satchels, Mark Target, Mines, self spotting TD's all exist as well as AT guns. What's the Panther not having a counter to again?
15 Apr 2019, 20:00 PM

Of all standard tank-hunters Panther is easiest to negate its advantages. It has worst range of all tank-hunters, but it is fast...

It is like Alliis have to fight Elefant-Commander which could call in Penals with PTRS and satchels.

Panther everything, but not OP ^^
15 Apr 2019, 20:03 PM

Sorry are you for real? Only one of those was even in the last FOUR YEARS! Give your head a shake.

that was a five second google search. I'm pretty sure the same counts for every year. Otherwise prove me wrong pls
15 Apr 2019, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 19:05 PMKharn

So are we saying the Panther has no counter? I'm confused here. Button, Satchels, Mark Target, Mines, self spotting TD's all exist as well as AT guns. What's the Panther not having a counter to again?

I was just point out one small flaw in logic in who I responded too.

IMO the panthers strengths are balanced by its short range (for a TD), and low moving accuracy.
15 Apr 2019, 20:50 PM

I agree with you, but the example you gave (HMG) are specifically inf counters with a clear weakness (firing in a cone only) and that's added to give the game flavour and easy flank possibilities. Same goes for ATG and turreted tanks, ATG weakness is mobility. As many other team weapons do so too.
But counter do stand up always, as long as their weaknesses are not exploited.
A counter example is obers vs maxims, as maxims always loose and they are meant to counter inf
15 Apr 2019, 22:44 PM

that was a five second google search. I'm pretty sure the same counts for every year. Otherwise prove me wrong pls

Why should I prove you wrong? There have been 50 posts on this threat so clearly people felt it was worthy of discussion? Who are you to judge what is and what isn't?
16 Apr 2019, 00:34 AM

Command Panther is obviously overpowered, the OKW Panther is balanced and the Ostheer Panther is probably slightly under-powered, not necessarily due to it's performance but due to expensive tech costs for Ostheer causing it to be delayed a decent amount.
16 Apr 2019, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 08:19 AMGrim
the current meta of allies spamming TDs and Axis spamming panthers (this is in team games).

Current meta?

It's been the only meta in this game for yeeeaaaars.
16 Apr 2019, 06:47 AM

panther by itself can pretty much face dive against Su85 and jackson and win.

I personally think it has a little too much armor, most AT crews struggle to penetrate it and zooks, PTRS really dont help much against it neither.
16 Apr 2019, 06:59 AM

Panther's fine.

Your problem isn't panther, but massive fuel inflation in team games above 2v2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★