Login

russian armor

About OKW , have some ideas in my BigHeaD...

13 Apr 2019, 12:03 PM

In my opinion OKW needs really big overhaul changes

Command Headquarters;

You can now build Stormpios , Kubels , Rocketen ,stock 220 and ofc supply trucks.

-Sturmpios; are now have more fire power (burst dmg) at medium and close range and no longer get Panzershrecks.

-Kubels; now capture points slightly fast,gets shared veterancy also gets dodge(less recieved accuracy) while on the move at first rank(star).While kubels gets this buffs it also gets vehicle rotation nerf and gets chance to decrew at really close range with small arms fire.

-Raketenwerfers, are now have slightly more rate of fire and more quick movement (can act more quickly) but cant move while on camo and also gets less recieved accuracy buff from small arms fire at level 3 rank.

220 Scout car; Now comes when atleast one truck deployed at 20 fuel and gets less dmg from small arms fire but gunner can be killed often when focus fired. While in secure Sector mode 220 inflicts minor suppresion.
Also it gets Forward Receivers toggle ability for 25 mun for 20 sec.

Battlegroup Headquarters

You can build volks, mg34's,le.IG's,Flak Half-track's and 4 man tank hunter squad.

Infrared halftrack is no longer can be build because kind of cheating isnt it?

Forward retreat point can now be upgraded without second deployed Truck.

For heal nothing changes.

-Volksgrenadiers; are now can be upgraded mp40's for 50 mun

Ofc With Mp40 Upgrade Volks gets smoke grenade and Model 24 grenade but loses incendiary grenade. Also at rank of 3 mp40 upgraded Volks have sprint like assault grens.

mg34's,Nothing changes.

le.IG's; Now have more accuracy to enemy support teams with same splash dmg and also gains stock incendiary fire ability at rank 5.
While attacks with Incendiary rounds , brit emplacements are take more damage.

Flak Half-track's;No changes.

TankHunters; Are 4 man AT squad with mediocre AI capability. Comes for 400 Manpower with one panzerschreck and can be upgraded "tankhunter pack" for second schreck,threat breaker ability and camo while in cover for 60 mun.

Threat breaker is an ability similiar like AT halftrack's in Vanilla COH . At faust range can inflict engine dmg with same schreck dmg. But It has aim time and while they aim They have more recieved accuracy for easy counter.
(TankHunters may have cosmetic appearance like panzer grenadiers but slight different I dunno )

Mechanized Regiment HQ

Luchs,Puma and Obersoldaten can be build.

Puma,Noting changes

Luchs; Can now have more accuracy to blobbed inf (Exp 3 squads of ınf too close each other or camlped )and Weapon support teams.

Obersoldaten; Comes without LMG and can't be upgraded before Schwerer Panzer Headquarters deployed.

Schwerer Panzer Headquarters

Jagdpanzer IV,Panzer IV ,Panther and Rocket Halftrack can be build.

Jagdpanzer IV;
Now have more rate of fire and less recieved accuracy from AT's ,Tanks and Tank destroyers because of its low profile hull.

But gets more damage from Indirect fire (mortar,arty,maybe Katyusha fire),gets more dmg from behind or sides. And Jagdpanzer now have slow vehicle rotation,slightly slow movement and have only front sight to see.

Panzer IV ,Panther and Rocket Halftrack;nothing changes.

If this build cause OKW inf blobs, my suggestion is Blobbed inf can get more accuracy in small or medium size of area , its like group zeal ability in coh 1 but negative one . And this can be effect for all factions .

13 Apr 2019, 12:33 PM

Permanently Banned
So you want to basically give significant buffs to OKW and make it a Neo-Soviet by giving it a LV at t0 alongside the kubel alongside t0 AT and buff Sturmpioneers even further because they already didnt poop on everyone elses starting units and mainline at the start? But then furthermore you want to make Volks cheaper and better Conscripts with PPSH's which are a doctrinal upgrade by giving them mp40s and a sprint. (volks mp40s are superior to ppsh in close range too) And make it cheaper than PPSH's.

On top of that you want to make forward HQ and healing more accessible (another doctrinal only ability for soviets, major for USF, t3? for brits).

To add in the salt u will now get free AT squads on top of ur T0 AT gun and a mobile suppression platform in the form of the flak AND a mg-34.

But that wasnt enough, you want to further make Stuka more accessible in t4 alongside 2 Tank destroyers and a superb medium that competes with 34-85.

Nani the fuck?

E: oh forgot the part where you also want to give Shocktroop grenades to volks on top of the upgrades LMAO
13 Apr 2019, 12:36 PM

13 Apr 2019, 12:57 PM

Someone has been watching too much Imperial Dane
13 Apr 2019, 13:01 PM

So you want to basically give significant buffs to OKW and make it a Neo-Soviet by giving it a LV at t0 alongside the kubel alongside t0 AT and buff Sturmpioneers even further because they already didnt poop on everyone elses starting units and mainline at the start? But then furthermore you want to make Volks cheaper and better Conscripts with PPSH's which are a doctrinal upgrade by giving them mp40s and a sprint. (volks mp40s are superior to ppsh in close range too) And make it cheaper than PPSH's.

On top of that you want to make forward HQ and healing more accessible (another doctrinal only ability for soviets, major for USF, t3? for brits).

To add in the salt u will now get free AT squads on top of ur T0 AT gun and a mobile suppression platform in the form of the flak AND a mg-34.

But that wasnt enough, you want to further make Stuka more accessible in t4 alongside 2 Tank destroyers and a superb medium that competes with 34-85.

Nani the fuck?

E: oh forgot the part where you also want to give Shocktroop grenades to volks on top of the upgrades LMAO

"So you want to basically give significant buffs to OKW and make it a Neo-Soviet by giving it a LV "
No 220 comes like the elite armor doctrin u need at least 35 fuel to get read again

buff Sturmpioneers even further because they already didnt poop on everyone elses starting units and mainline at the start?

Stumrpios are easly get counter buy clown cars,Inf sections and universal carriers from distance I forgot the mention that sturm pio can be easly killed like standart pio squads that is my fault, also they are not cheap to get.

Volks cheaper and better Conscripts with PPSH's which are a doctrinal upgrade by giving them mp40s and a sprint
Mate ppsh cons are deadly but I didnt counter them with mp40s so I couldnt say besides it can be edited to "not op" this is just my idea about okw.In regards of sprint , its for late game ...All that allied long range LMG mania atleast somethng need to make volks mp4s usefull agains them.

Its okw's design mate forfart retreat point, u get huge rısk to put forward ur hq , can be easly countered with allied indirect .

That was my experimental idea , Every one whining about ps blob for okw now soviet have ptrs spam allover and no one talking about it. TH squads are expensive and and slow reinforce speed makes them un spammable and also very bad against AI

Yes stuka needs to replace with obers In my opinion its expensive and getting stuka and td after 120 fuel is hard and also stuka comes to game at the late stages.
In regards of jagdpanzer and su-85; SU-85 have more sight range and mobility than jadg in this case jadgpanzer will move and rotate slow , can easly dmged buy arty,indirect, even mortar, can be easly flanked and have really poorly sight on its own

Nani the fuck?
I get it u play soviets often , This are my ideas and can be change in practice . And again soviets and other factions need this kind of pros vs cons overhaul changes. I am playing all factions but I can say that Soviets kind a best overall faction,ostheer for me mor fun and okw is the most boring one...
13 Apr 2019, 13:14 PM

There is no 220 vehicle in the game, there's only the 221 Scout Car, 222 Armored Car and 223 Command/Radio car which only OKW gets.

Also perhaps giving the Obers a Panzershreck package and moving them a bit earlier in the tech tree can make that Panzerjaeger/Tank Hunter squad instead of making an entire new entity, at least it sounds like a good idea on paper.

I need to get off my lazy ass one day and experiment with some of these changes in a mod and see how well it goes.
13 Apr 2019, 13:23 PM

There is no 220 vehicle in the game, there's only the 221 Scout Car, 222 Armored Car and 223 Command/Radio car which only OKW gets.

Also perhaps giving the Obers a Panzershreck package and moving them a bit earlier in the tech tree can make that Panzerjaeger/Tank Hunter squad instead of making an entire new entity, at least it sounds like a good idea on paper.

I need to get off my lazy ass one day and experiment with some of these changes in a mod and see how well it goes.

There is no 220 vehicle in the game
My bad

I think so but it needs to have very mediocre AI so it must be edited.
"On paper" These are maybe nice changes for OKW atleast in my opinion but ofc it needs to be experimented on the game.
13 Apr 2019, 13:35 PM

It just goes to show how single minded the one faction wonders are that they think this is a buff to OKW. It'd cripple it.

If you take Volks out of HQ, OKW has to build its core out of Sturmpioneers and Kubels. It loses the early aggression it relies on and has to play defensively. If anyone thinks a no-Volks opening is strong, I encourage you to try it.

If it goes Mechanized, it gets no suppression, all its infantry are glass cannons and it has no snares. It doesn't stand a chance.

If it goes Battlegroup, it gets all the support weapons, a shock vehicle and AT infantry but no vehicular AT until medium tank tech. Sound familiar?

If you make OKW a faction that's got to play defensive in the early game and is focused around compensating for squishy infantry with support weapons, you've made it Ostheer.

And then why not just play Ostheer?
13 Apr 2019, 13:52 PM

Lago is on point here OP, he is giving you a helping hand even if you dont see it that way.
The change you suggest makes early game too risky and not so much rewarding at all. Remember SU can get AT penals, riflemen get snares at Vet1, so fighting early with 221's is not a good idea at all.
Even though volks are "too good" simply removing them from T0 is not alright.
I have to admit i like the idea of Spios and T0 LVs, but its not adequate for the current meta.
13 Apr 2019, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2019, 13:35 PMLago
It just goes to show how single minded the one faction wonders are that they think this is a buff to OKW. It'd cripple it.

If you take Volks out of HQ, OKW has to build its core out of Sturmpioneers and Kubels. It loses the early aggression it relies on and has to play defensively. If anyone thinks a no-Volks opening is strong, I encourage you to try it.

If it goes Mechanized, it gets no suppression, all its infantry are glass cannons and it has no snares. It doesn't stand a chance.

If it goes Battlegroup, it gets all the support weapons, a shock vehicle and AT infantry but no vehicular AT until medium tank tech. Sound familiar?

If you make OKW a faction that's got to play defensive in the early game and is focused around compensating for squishy infantry with support weapons, you've made it Ostheer.

And then why not just play Ostheer?

In this game balance u re right. But Those are just base ideas can be change if there is somethng not working.
I try to start sturms only in several times and yes its hard so that why I said that sturm pios firepower must be buff...
In regards of ostheer argument giving Volks + sturm start makes u spam volks and u end up have 4 volks 1 pio and panzer 2 ore somethng that all the time u played because u need to do in order the get wins.
Yes Oberkommando der Wehrmacht's have no snare for the start . And thats why in this case sturm pios and kubels needs proper buffs in order to stay alive...
Maybe making teching up for first tier easy I mean less fuel makes it more fast.
Again its just a base idea...
13 Apr 2019, 13:57 PM

OKM is more like a SU clone rather than a offensive OH.
Early volks spam is the only way to excert "domination" as the faction is designed.
If you suggest Spios to get buffed, get ready to receive but almost half of the forums hate. Id suggest you not to take that route, there are simply better ways and also more civil
13 Apr 2019, 13:58 PM

Lago is on point here OP, he is giving you a helping hand even if you dont see it that way.
The change you suggest makes early game too risky and not so much rewarding at all. Remember SU can get AT penals, riflemen get snares at Vet1, so fighting early with 221's is not a good idea at all.
Even though volks are "too good" simply removing them from T0 is not alright.
I have to admit i like the idea of Spios and T0 LVs, but its not adequate for the current meta.

Again! you are not starting with 221. You just buffed sturmpios and kubels. 221 comes after first truck deployement...
And yes I am aware that all the problems. It is just a suggestion. What happens if this overhaul comes to live...

All I want to do basicly not to spam volks... All the time. U can say then dont play it. It is an opininon like those changes are mine.

13 Apr 2019, 14:08 PM

If you were to play early with spios and kubels, you will facestomp against UKF, since well stationed IS can reliably repel kubels and Spios. And vickers will decimate any of the little options you have.
Riflemen are strong vs spios, cost efficiency wise.
After that you will need either garrison clearing tools or cost effective infantry. You get none since spios are really expensive. Overpowered in the first 3 minutes, but not cost effective.
If you were to build 3 squads of spios that become a nuisance after min 5, then OKM power towards midgame will diminish a lot, even if you go mechanized.
13 Apr 2019, 14:18 PM

If you were to play early with spios and kubels, you will facestomp against UKF, since well stationed IS can reliably repel kubels and Spios. And vickers will decimate any of the little options you have.
Riflemen are strong vs spios, cost efficiency wise.
After that you will need either garrison clearing tools or cost effective infantry. You get none since spios are really expensive. Overpowered in the first 3 minutes, but not cost effective.
If you were to build 3 squads of spios that become a nuisance after min 5, then OKM power towards midgame will diminish a lot, even if you go mechanized.

Again yes in this game balance , meta its problematic. I agree . That why I wrote one of the replies that maybe All factions need to change for more pros vs cons for more different game play styles.
In regards of brits or garrisoned inf maybe incendiary grenade can be issued to sturms or maybe Getting Battlegroup Headquarters with less fuel is reasonable or just like u said volks stays in main building. But somethings needs to be change in regards of diverstiy of strategy.
13 Apr 2019, 14:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Invissed several posts. If you disagree, disagree respectfully and constructively.

You have been warned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS