Login

russian armor

Infantry bulletin chaos

5 Oct 2013, 23:08 PM

Hi there,

at the moment I´m not sure how to get the maximum out of my infantry with bulletins. I don´t know what bulletin is best and what´s worst. The bulletins for standard infantry are:

- "Bronze": 3% increased accuracy
- "Silver": 3% decreased reload time
- "Gold": 2% decreased cooldown time, 2% decreased reload time

- "Grenadier": 5% decreased cooldown time

- "Conscript": 5% decreased reload time

So now I´m confused. Someone here said that the "bronze" accuracy multiplier was the best as it directly increased dps. But then again that bulletin comes earlier and I somewhat expected the "gold" one to be better. Also the percentages differ, so I don´t know whether 3% decreased reload time aren´t better than 5% decreased cooldown time. I would be grateful if someone could make a ranking for me what´s best and what´s worse.

I´m not quite sure how this is also affected by the use of LMGs and PPSHs, would be nice to explain what´s best for regular unupgraded troops and how much upgraded troops profit from that.

Cheers.
6 Oct 2013, 00:50 AM

for unupgraded squads, the order of bulletins from best to worst is:

3% accuracy, 5% cooldown, 2% cooldown and 2% reload, 3% reload.

i ran the numbers before for someone else. i dont think this order would change for lmgs or ppsh, but i havent done the math yet. heres the sheet for the unupgraded squads though. the numbers above the bold dps number is the % change in dps. as you can see, 3% accuracy directly gives 3% dps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc&usp=drive_web#gid=15
6 Oct 2013, 11:08 AM

Thank you very much, wooof. Your post pretty much answers all my important questions about the bulletins.

7 Oct 2013, 21:00 PM

So then my question is, why the eff would i NOT choose 3% acc.?

what are the benefits for choosing reload speed & cool down? (since accuarcy is that critical and game changing).

Also, based on how vauge the bulletins are, i would think it would relate to upgraded weps and "cool downs" might better affect LMGs, g43s and PPSHs as they guns tend to have an animation of a mini-reload (or at least from what i remember the LMGs do reload, sometimes).
7 Oct 2013, 21:50 PM

cooldown is something that happens after every shot (or burst for burst weapons). its a seperate stat, completely unrelated to reload. since cooldown happens much more often, a cooldown reduction is obvioulsy more useful than reload reduction.

lmgs do reload. all weapons reload. some weapons just reload much more frequently than others. i honestly think reload bulletins are useless though. most weapons only reload once every 15-20 seconds or so and youll end up saving about .15 seconds in that amount of time.
7 Oct 2013, 21:51 PM

Edit: Nooo, wooof was faster D:

Cool down time is a major part of the time between each shot whereas the reload time only comes into play once the magazine has been emptied. Therefore, cooldown reduction is more likely to influence a battle because it both comes into play earlier in a combat and because the decrease is used more often inside a firing cycle.

For example, look at the stats for the Grenadiers' Kar98K rifle.
Its cooldown duration is 2 seconds (before multipliers) and its reload duration is 4 seconds (before multipliers). So when ignoring the range multipliers, cooldown reduction is better once you fire more than 2 shots, which you of course need to complete a full firing cycle of 5 shots, after which you will reload.

Of course the whole firing cycle also has aim times etc. but to put it short, cooldown reduction is much better than reload time reduction for the basic infantry weapons.
For weapons like a tank gun, reload reduction might be better because it needs to reload after every shot.
8 Oct 2013, 09:11 AM

Am I nuts or are two of the soviet bulletins not exactly identical? (except the name)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★