Login

russian armor

P-IV command tank recrew

5 Oct 2013, 20:39 PM

I recrewed my own P-IV command tank that had gotten abandoned earlier, and found it had turned into a regular P-IV. Entertaining bug at least. Don't know if it still had the command tank gun because I lost it very quickly but it had definitely lost the aura.
5 Oct 2013, 21:29 PM

Mmm, I think that as long as the tank retains its stubby gun, it actually makes more sense this way. If the tank commander is killed, then the aura given should technically be nullified, no? Makes sense from that regard; but yes, Gameplay > realism.
6 Oct 2013, 20:42 PM

Mmm, I think that as long as the tank retains its stubby gun, it actually makes more sense this way. If the tank commander is killed, then the aura given should technically be nullified, no? Makes sense from that regard; but yes, Gameplay > realism.

Whoever enters the command tank automatically gets promoted to captain and is able to use the special radio equipment to direct his troops using his newly found sense of command... even if that man is a soviet conscript.

Seriously though, what is the difference between the stubby gun and the p4 long barrel? Is the stubby gun more for anti-infantry?
6 Oct 2013, 20:44 PM
Patrion 14

Whoever enters the command tank automatically gets promoted to captain and is able to use the special radio equipment to direct his troops using his newly found sense of command... even if that man is a soviet conscript.

Seriously though, what is the difference between the stubby gun and the p4 long barrel? Is the stubby gun more for anti-infantry?

Long barreled gun (75mm) is better for anti tank and the stubby gun (57mm I think) fires primarily high explosive shells for anti infantry operations :)
6 Oct 2013, 21:05 PM

The command tank's short cannon is better vs. infantry (fires faster, larger AoE, smaller scatter) and the Panzer 4's long 75 mm gun is better vs. tanks (higher damage, much higher penetration). Don't use the command tank against anything larger than a T70 (and don't expect it to kill that one before it can flee).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmrrrPr20ncdEpuSHcxNko1VGVFYjczYXpFZWhqOHc#gid=5
6 Oct 2013, 23:46 PM

It was mostly the different shield icon that got me - I was pretty freaked out. If the gun's the same I don't mind the aura being gone... I'd kind of like the icon to resemble the short gun version though so you know which is your AI and which is your AT P-iv if you have two of them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★