Login

russian armor

Should weapon upgrade take up one commander ability?

11 Apr 2019, 01:45 AM

I mean flamethrower for USF Rear Echelon Troops and UKF Royal Engineers,and Ober IR44 upgrade.
My starting point is simple,most time we will not have more than 2 squads of them,and USF and UKF infantry can pick weapon from weapon rack,Ober already have MG34 upgrade,one commander ability for one infantry squad upgrade one (or two)weapon is waste
Now we got some new commander ability.....
So my suggest is....
Bundle USF flamethrower to Rear echelon rifle grenade(also change Rifle company)
Bundle UKF flamethrower to Assault Sections (also change Royal Engineer regiment and mobile assault regiment)
Bundle OKW IR.stg44 to Offensive Package(I know that was gone....so change Special OPS Doc....)
11 Apr 2019, 06:34 AM

I mean flamethrower for USF Rear Echelon Troops and UKF Royal Engineers,and Ober IR44 upgrade.
My starting point is simple,most time we will not have more than 2 squads of them,and USF and UKF infantry can pick weapon from weapon rack,Ober already have MG34 upgrade,one commander ability for one infantry squad upgrade one (or two)weapon is waste
Now we got some new commander ability.....
So my suggest is....
Bundle USF flamethrower to Rear echelon rifle grenade(also change Rifle company)
Bundle UKF flamethrower to Assault Sections (also change Royal Engineer regiment and mobile assault regiment)
Bundle OKW IR.stg44 to Offensive Package(I know that was gone....so change Special OPS Doc....)

Do not forget to include Flamethrower for Sturmpio OKW.

I feel the units that are hardly used should get the abilities by default like those you have mentioned.
I do not quite understand why those should be locked behind a commander.

If we talk about Echelon, Engineers and Sturmpio. They are more or less used in many situations as a supportive unit but not a combat unit. Usually nobody gets more than 2 of those in game. So it would be therefore make sense for them to get flamethrowers with them by default. It is also very situational. Taking might cost you later games for vehicles to be snared or potentially losing squads. So, I do not see an issue for them getting flamethowers. It is called risky-gameplay in my opinion.

Maybe even Conscripts with PPSH upgrade but that Oraah ability (the sprint ability) would have to be removed. Otherwise it would be too OP, that is why it is not currently default. I would not mind that change personally. Make Conscripts used more often. Take away "sprint ability". Then we all would be happy.

MP40 upgrade for Volks be by default. It is not outstanding but would still be nice by default.

Grens G43, nothing special really. I still think MG42 is better. For grens specifically since they not getting any survivability buffs. Osteehr has issues overall. I believe a tech in which they could gain 2 or 3 G43 by default, in addition to having access to MG42 would most certainly solve their problems.

Weapons which should stay locked are those which are powerful and has no downsides in using them. Depends on how often its also used. The following mentioned should be accessible by default I believe.

If we talk about USF and UKF. If they get access to doctrine weapons by default like Vickers and M1919. They would simply become formidable. Even then the units scale pretty too strong late game when they can equip two proper weapons with 5 models. Better than 2 STG44 with Volks. It scales way better in comparison in performance. In my experiences. Those the rest mentioned above should be default I believe.

Or

for them to gain access to better weapons Vickers and M1919. They should cost additionally 15 to 30 ammo than it currently is by default! Limited to 1 of them only I think that would be fair and locked behind teching. So they can take only one elite weapon, can not have another weapon.

So the alternative would then be 1 elite weapon or 2 normal weapons.
11 Apr 2019, 08:23 AM

Commander dependant.

Spec Ops is already a fantastic commander that dominates picks in both team games and 1v1. It doesn't need anything more.

Bundling should be used a lot more sparingly than it is right now. Overwatch is the worst offender, for example.
11 Apr 2019, 08:44 AM

Lets not go overboard with bundling abilities. A commander should not have abilities that are great but that total sum of abilities should be about the same power level among all commanders.
11 Apr 2019, 10:42 AM

It depends on the commander. All commander abilities exist in the context of the commander as a whole.

IR StGs, for example, are only ever going to affect one or two squads and not by much.

However, they're only in Special Operations, and therefore any buff to them is a buff to Special Operations.

Special Operations is hands down the most powerful OKW commander right now. It really doesn't need buffing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★