Login

russian armor

what distance is the best option for these units ?

4 Oct 2013, 12:06 PM

con VS gren
con VS pio
eng VS pio
eng VS gren
penal VS gren
penal VS PG
guard VS gren
guard VS PG

just wondering how far/near i should have my units when coming across the above units.
4 Oct 2013, 12:40 PM
Benefactor 115

any unit with automatic weapons (shocks, lmg grens, pgrens) has to be avoided at close range. also remember that grens can't fire the lmg while moving and that they can't fire the rifle nade at close range.
4 Oct 2013, 12:46 PM

just wondering how far/near i should have my units when coming across the above units.

You have to take into consideration the distance and the quality of cover between your guys and the other guys.
4 Oct 2013, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2013, 12:40 PMtuvok
any unit with automatic weapons (shocks, lmg grens, pgrens) has to be avoided at close range. also remember that grens can't fire the lmg while moving and that they can't fire the rifle nade at close range.

i guess i should have been clearer in my question.

i am not sure which weapons on which units are automatic.

i know shocks and PG's are automatic (close combat) and the LMG42, but i also thought the pios were better at close range.

this is assuming both units are in zero cover. all bases equal.
4 Oct 2013, 15:00 PM

LMG42 is great at all ranges and will kill your cons in a static figth.
4 Oct 2013, 15:13 PM

con VS gren
con VS pio
eng VS pio
eng VS gren
penal VS gren
penal VS PG
guard VS gren
guard VS PG

Con vs gren is equal at all ranges without upgrades. With lmg cons lose at all ranges. With ppsh grens lose at close range and win at long range. Ppsh can't even shoot out at 35 yards, and at 30 yards the mosin does more damage.

Eng vs pio, eng wins at long range, pio wins at close range, though this is heavily rng dependant. Think of engineers as 4 man conscripts, thus lose to grens at all ranges. Pioneer vs conscripts lose at all ranges, but at close range will severely harm the conscripts. Penals win vs gren at all ranges, gren with lmg might kill a penal at long range. Penal with flame obviously wins at close range.

Guards with rifles are roughly equal to grens, with less firepower. Guards with dp win at all ranges. Grens with lmg vs dp guards is down to RNG, though grens have more dps.

Pgrens win at close range vs all targets minus shocks. They are really inefficient at long range, but will hold their own.
6 Oct 2013, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2013, 15:13 PMEndeav

Pgrens win at close range vs all targets minus shocks. They are really inefficient at long range, but will hold their own.

Pgrens lose to penal battalions with flamethrower at close range.
6 Oct 2013, 11:38 AM

Pgrens lose to penal battalions with flamethrower at close range.

proof!
6 Oct 2013, 14:03 PM

I'm too lazy to get actual proof but enjoy.

http://www.twitch.tv/bigchunk1/c/2909387

Just trust me it works.
6 Oct 2013, 17:18 PM

I'm too lazy to get actual proof but enjoy.

http://www.twitch.tv/bigchunk1/c/2909387

Just trust me it works.

well this is fairly RNG dependent. technically, even a flame engi could beat a pgren if you get lucky enough. the only thing that would make either of these units win is flame crits. that RNG could easily work against you too though. if the pgrens get lucky and blow up your flamer, the soviets definitely lose that fight.
6 Oct 2013, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2013, 17:18 PMwooof

well this is fairly RNG dependent. technically, even a flame engi could beat a pgren if you get lucky enough. the only thing that would make either of these units win is flame crits. that RNG could easily work against you too though. if the pgrens get lucky and blow up your flamer, the soviets definitely lose that fight.

I'm not going to concede that point. As far as RNG is concerned, Flamethrower Penal Battalions have the clear advantage unless of course the Pgrens land a grenade.

Pioneers can beat conscripts with RNG, but no one depends on that when they plan their strategy.
7 Oct 2013, 14:40 PM

I'm not going to concede that point. As far as RNG is concerned, Flamethrower Penal Battalions have the clear advantage unless of course the Pgrens land a grenade.

Pioneers can beat conscripts with RNG, but no one depends on that when they plan their strategy.

I don't have proof I can show you, but I had a game where I was playing the AI messing around and I had a perfect Penal Battalion with flame thrower vs PGrens (I went out of my way to set it up because I was curious about this point exactly). No vet, no cover and all fighting was done at about flamer range.

PGrens shredded the Penals. It wasn't even close. The problem is that you are 100% relying on flame crits to be able to beat the PGrens. If you don't get crits, you will be lucky to get a single kill on the PGrens. The problem is the Penals drop very fast and their DPS tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
unknown 21
Mexico 16
Germany 798
New Zealand 11
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W