Login

russian armor

[POLL] Regular barrage for Walking Stuka

31 Mar 2019, 15:19 PM

I stand corrected regarding the penetration vs AoE. I learned something today.
However the circle barrage remains. Look at how one feuersturm 280mm barrage can outright destroy a jackson.
You would have to offset the circle barrage by SOMETHING. Make it drop flares before firing, decrease damage. Something.
Destroying a medium outright by barraging with stuka zu fuß should not be its intended role and is not okay.
On maps like Steppes stuka zu fuß with no increased scatter is already very strong in order to barrage the rear. Pwerfer and katys can't move that close because of the wide area dominated by 70range elefants.
Increasing lethality of the stuka zuß against tanks is not something that should be considered.
31 Mar 2019, 15:26 PM

I stand corrected regarding the penetration vs AoE. I learned something today.
However the circle barrage remains. Look at how one feuersturm 280mm barrage can outright destroy a jackson.
You would have to offset the circle barrage by SOMETHING. Make it drop flares before firing, decrease damage. Something.
Destroying a medium outright by barraging with stuka zu fuß should not be its intended role and is not okay.
On maps like Steppes stuka zu fuß with no increased scatter is already very strong in order to barrage the rear. Pwerfer and katys can't move that close because of the wide area dominated by 70range elefants.
Increasing lethality of the stuka zuß against tanks is not something that should be considered.

Again, i told you that any single rockets that falls over 2 meters far from the vehicles won't do any damage but a laughable 30.

For a light tank to be killed 3 rockets must all land on that vehicle
For a medium to be killed 4 rockets
2 meters are less than the distance between 2 near models when in elite formation, actuallt roughly half that distance.
It just can't happen because of rockets scattering.
31 Mar 2019, 16:37 PM

Stuka isn't the worst anti-building rocket artillery, it's one of the best. It still kills pretty much any wooden building with a single barrage. All of its shots land very quickly, giving your opponent much less time to react than a Katyusha or a land mattress would.

Keep the Stuka as it is. It performs well and it's interesting because it's one of the only units in the game that require even a tiny bit of skill to use.
31 Mar 2019, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:37 PMjasorm
Stuka isn't the worst anti-building rocket artillery, it's one of the best. It still kills pretty much any wooden building with a single barrage. All of its shots land very quickly, giving your opponent much less time to react than a Katyusha or a land mattress would.

Statistically wrong and debunked already in this forum.

Pass
31 Mar 2019, 16:52 PM

Statistically wrong and debunked already in this forum.

Pass

Are you trying to say that Katyusha and LM have better burst damage than the Stuka? :romeoHairDay:
31 Mar 2019, 17:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 16:52 PMjasorm

Are you trying to say that Katyusha and LM have better burst damage than the Stuka? :romeoHairDay:

It has been proven that all take at least 1 less barrage to destroy any building. Period.

31 Mar 2019, 17:53 PM

It has been proven that all take at least 1 less barrage to destroy any building. Period.

Except when the Stuka can also kill the building with a single barrage, which is the case with many buildings.

Besides, destroying the building itself isn't as important as killing the squad inside. Stuka takes something like 10 seconds at mid range to land all of its shots, Katyusha takes about 18, LM takes about 23. LM might do more damage eventually, but it does it so slowly that in most cases, the Stuka is better against garrisons.

If a player has an HMG in a building and notices that it's being shot by an LM, he probably has enough time to leave the building and retreat. If it's a Stuka firing at the building instead, then it's probably already too late, because there's only a delay of 2-3 seconds between the first and the last rocket.

Having a circular barrage would be a huge buff for the Stuka against garrisons, but it doesn't really need it. It already does well enough.
31 Mar 2019, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 17:53 PMjasorm

Except when the Stuka can also kill the building with a single barrage, which is the case with many buildings.

You are three patches late i guess
31 Mar 2019, 18:58 PM

You are three patches late i guess

All wooden buildings in the game can be destroyed with a single Stuka barrage. If you can't do it, then you just aren't aiming properly.
31 Mar 2019, 18:58 PM

With a circular strafe it would probably become the best rocket artillery in the game (if it isn't already) because of it's Wipe potential. Against buildings, the LeiG is the best mortar against structures in the game anyway so I really don't think OKW need it. Against garrisons they also have flame nades and anything in Fuersturm doctrine as well.

If the Stuka was going to get a circular radius for consistency's sake, it'd have to get it's AoE nerfed otherwise it would straight up kill everything in the radius. So it depends what OKW players want really. It could be done, but it might not actually be what people would prefer.

You can't fairly give it both strafes and I would prefer the straight strafe personally as it's lethal for annihilating units, even if they retreat, and crapping on team weapon spam which tends to be in a line. OKW can really struggle against a lot of early-mid game suppression right now but I don't think it's because garrisoning is an issue so a small buff to it's anti garrison abilty at the expense of it being worse at dealing with the thing OKW suffer against, whilst making it potentially more powerful would probably make it less useful to the faction.

Edit: To clarify what I mean by saying it's would be a more powerful unit but less useful. The Comet is a very powerful unit against nearly everything in the game but it is not used often due to allied tank destroyer meta favouring the firefly. In the same way, the stuka would become powerful at wiping blobs which OKW don't need, but weaker at countering multiple team weapon setups which OKW do need a counter to. Thus essentially weakening the faction.
31 Mar 2019, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2019, 18:58 PMjasorm

All wooden buildings in the game can be destroyed with a single Stuka barrage

No
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 23
unknown 15
unknown 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #