Login

russian armor

Unit voice

28 Mar 2019, 21:43 PM

When I add any unit from a different army, for example I add panzergrenadiers to the oberkommando (I make them spawnable in the oberkommando HQ) they have no voice.
I know you can do something with voice in squad_ui_ext but I don't really understand how it works for different factions.
How can I make them talk even if I use them as the oberkommando?
29 Mar 2019, 01:34 AM
Modmaker Badge

Yes, as far as I know, is not possible to change it. As an example if you move the Volksgrenadier from OKW to Wehrmacht then you will lose his own voices.
Your only choise it to pick a voice pack from Wehrmacht as an example (as far as I remember)
2 Apr 2019, 05:50 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You'll have to take a look at the speech files, and look at the paths. Only voices from that faction can be used when you're playing as them. Example; you can only use the grenadier voice if you're playing as wehrmact, etc. Look for the 3 letter codes at the start of each voice, that'll tell you what to put in the speech codes in the squad_ui ext.
5 Apr 2019, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Apr 2019, 05:50 AMLugie
You'll have to take a look at the speech files, and look at the paths. Only voices from that faction can be used when you're playing as them. Example; you can only use the grenadier voice if you're playing as wehrmact, etc. Look for the 3 letter codes at the start of each voice, that'll tell you what to put in the speech codes in the squad_ui ext.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing so far (but thanks for the response)
I just wanted to know if it's somehow possible to use the original unit's voice in a different faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★