Login

russian armor

COH 2 ideas

2 Oct 2013, 10:13 AM

Hey guys got some ideas to make coh2 a bit better

* Weapon crews should not be able to cap points, thats Mgs, mortars or at guns.

* Increase the size of the health bars to coh levels - why should i need a microscope to see how much health my tank has?

* increase the cost of at nades and molatov - I think this needs to be more of a fuel coast. Soviet can already handily out cap a ost player and these upgrades should feel more like going for nades in coh, ie a tactical choice one which not always pays off.

*Limit spammable unit abilities - since when did COH rely on some spammanble abilities? I'm looking at you conscripts.. ooohra followed by molotov in every, single, engagment.. cmon what the hell is this about. Even rifle nades only work on stationary targets and need the squad to stop for quite a while. This goes for smoke, sight ability for su 85,

*Increase mp cost of conscripts - look I dont play sov often but when I do, even whem im losing it never feels like getting cons massacred matters at all. Never puts me in a mp drain, bad unit conservation needs to be punished. God damn pios cost more then cons to reinforce and they are almost useless. This goes for other sov inf - its just too damn cheap, p grens cost 45 mp to reinforce and they always die. In any fight you can expect to lose 2-3 in the first 2 -3 seconds.

*Su 85, this standard and cheap unit is still one of the only ones that truly I fear to see every time it comes out (apart from kv8 which is OP bs and needs to be addressed). You cant have it all, it kills inf, it absolutely ruins tanks, it has great armour and speed. I propose side and read armour reduction, and health reduction to similar to stug but a bit better. Also speed nerf to the speed that it is at when it has sight ability triggered. It will still pummel tanks like crazy but wont be able to be used like a battle tank and wont be the easymode unit it is now.

*Input lag - needs to go. Instant retreat needs to come in, and retreating units need to move faster than they do now.

*German mines need to be normal.

*At guns need to be a real counter to tanks - ie hit, and do real damage.

*Mgs need to suppress fast and actually be able to stop squads in their tracks- they need to be a real hard counter to inf, but without it capping it wont take points so will need units to support it.

*Weapon crews need to take even more damage - they should never last long when flanked.

* Vet needs to mean something - not whole army vet 3 every game

* Put back physics and violence, made vCoh so cool to play.

*Make tanks not counters to at weapons... at guns should not be able to always get countered by a single tank.. its insane.

Can you guys suggest any other changes?
2 Oct 2013, 11:08 AM
Patrion 14

Weapon crews should not be able to cap points, thats Mgs, mortars or at guns.

Think this works fine. Most crew weapons need support since they are easy to take out with a proper flank or counter.

* Increase the size of the health bars to coh levels - why should i need a microscope to see how much health my tank has?

If you select a unit, there is a bigger healthbar at the bottom of the screen. And frankly I dont need to see if a unit has 5 or 10% health. Either one is to be considered low. I usually think of them in quarters, and its quite easy to see what quarter of health the unit has.

* increase the cost of at nades and molatov

Not sure what you are going for. Soviet already need fuel to tech for molotovs. Spamming them costs muni and while cheap, it is still a drain and can be dodged since the windup is so long. Nades for ostheer is also at a fuelcost since its not availeble until battlephase 1.

*Limit spammable unit abilities

Molotovs and oorah are spammable for a reason, they are not very awesome. Oorah gives a speedbonus, thats it. Good for getting into houses and cover, otherwise not so much. Perhaps getting into cap a zone early. Molotovs, as stated above, can be good, but can also be dodged. Think this is actually ok.

*Increase mp cost of conscripts

Nope. Working as intended. They are very weak units and also units that the soviet army used en masse. Concripts do not scale very well as game progresses, they simply lack AI and AT to be reliable in late game, something that is weighed up by their low reinforcecost.

*Su 85, [...] I propose side and read armour reduction,

The SU85 is a powerful unit yes, but you can deal with it in many ways. It can hit infantry, yes, but use a couple of Pgrens with schrecks, use truesight, use smoke infront of the SU85 and flank it. Place a Panzerwerferbarrage on it, it wont kill it, but the opponent is likely to move it about, negating the focus sight ability etc. Any type of arty really. Use recon planes to locate them. Creep up with Paks, they will do a number on the Su. Lastly, there is no side armor in coh2, only front and rear. Side armor is "simulated".

*Input lag - needs to go. Instant retreat needs to come in, and retreating units need to move faster than they do now.

Input lag away, yes, however its not something intended and very situational depending on player hardware and relative location to the other player.

Something related to this is the stupid autocover that makes your units go where they like to go, and not do as you ordered them to. Also the 'regroupsystem' where the squad could wait for one member to get into place or clump up when ordered to go somewhere. Something that feels like input lag, but actually seems like annoying AI.

*German mines need to be normal.

Rather like the system as is, but there should be some kind of reduction in buildtime or price for the mine-field (dmg adjusted accordingly). Not many players use theese and I think its quite sad.

*At guns need to be a real counter to tanks - ie hit, and do real damage.

They do damage, could be better, but the worst thing is the hit ratio. Think they need to hit more often.

*Mgs need to suppress fast

A slight improvement on the mg42 would be good, otherwise I think its fine. Perhaps not pin as fast though, and units should be able to backpedal out of mgfire better, it worked very well in coh1. Now its either retreat or sit there like a duck.

*Weapon crews need to take even more damage - they should never last long when flanked.

Think current stats are ok for the units to be viable.

* Vet needs to mean something - not whole army vet 3 every game

They are currently reworking the vet-system. But overall dont agree with you on this point.

* Put back physics and violence, made vCoh so cool to play.

Still there if you look close, you will see limbs flying. That said, I dont think that gore makes a cool game.

*Make tanks not counters to at weapons... at guns should not be able to always get countered by a single tank.. its insane.

A cheap unit gets killed by an expensive unit? Not surprised. Its kind of hard to compare to how things worked IRL since the AT guns were used in a very diffrent way thatn the close quarters combat that is reality in this game. And if you think of it, a tank shell in the face of an open gun is most likely not a good day for the crew.
2 Oct 2013, 12:02 PM

Think this works fine. Most crew weapons need support since they are easy to take out with a proper flank or counter.

Sorry cant agree with you - its a real burden to try to kill a 6 man crew and a flanking gren, even with a good nade harly ever can stop at 120mm mortar from runniong. Who deisnged a game where you can send single, non frontline combat troops into middle of map, without support and not make them pay for it if they get caught out. They should last a few seconds at the very most.

If you select a unit, there is a bigger healthbar at the bottom of the screen. And frankly I dont need to see if a unit has 5 or 10% health. Either one is to be considered low. I usually think of them in quarters, and its quite easy to see what quarter of health the unit has.

Yes I know - but why make something worse than it has to. To me it does make a difference between 5-10, I want to judge to see how many shots i can take with one of my tanks.

Not sure what you are going for. Soviet already need fuel to tech for molotovs. Spamming them costs muni and while cheap, it is still a drain and can be dodged since the windup is so long. Nades for ostheer is also at a fuelcost since its not availeble until battlephase 1.

Yehs they do but its a minimal cost, nothing which delays anything further game - what Im going for is making molotov something of a choice. Not a every game, every 5 second spam ability. PE had the same sort of incidiary nades in coh - they had a 1.5 mintue recharge time so they werent spammed, and usually only used on buildings, emplacements and on inf at times.

Molotovs and oorah are spammable for a reason, they are not very awesome. Oorah gives a speedbonus, thats it. Good for getting into houses and cover, otherwise not so much. Perhaps getting into cap a zone early. Molotovs, as stated above, can be good, but can also be dodged. Think this is actually ok.

Actually they are extremely awesome - for 20 muni u make the so called weak cons win engagements over much more expensive units about 50 percent of the time.. sounds pretty awesome to me. This also turns the game into a spam fest, allowing throwing strategy to the wind and just using abilities all the time - sov float muni so easily its not a barrier in any way.

Nope. Working as intended. They are very weak units and also units that the soviet army used en masse. Concripts do not scale very well as game progresses, they simply lack AI and AT to be reliable in late game, something that is weighed up by their low reinforcecost.

Well all I know is I can get my ass whooped all game - lose cons all the time and have no fear of completely getting smashed, and floating hundreds of mp at any given time. Doesn't sound like its working to me. They scale excellently late game - at nades to stop vehicles, molotove to stop inf, able to recrew any weapons and at vet 3 powerful as and nearly impossible to wipe out. Ost in on the other hand does not scale well late game with 4 units they are at constant risk of being wiped out by tanks, arty, mines or super OP schock troops the best anti inf inn the game.

The SU85 is a powerful unit yes, but you can deal with it in many ways. It can hit infantry, yes, but use a couple of Pgrens with schrecks, use truesight, use smoke infront of the SU85 and flank it. Place a Panzerwerferbarrage on it, it wont kill it, but the opponent is likely to move it about, negating the focus sight ability etc. Any type of arty really. Use recon planes to locate them. Creep up with Paks, they will do a number on the Su. Lastly, there is no side armor in coh2, only front and rear. Side armor is "simulated".

Didnt know that - thats pathetic though. I love how they take nearly every aspect of coh and make it worse - for no reason. There is no benefit to removing side armour. As for the unit, is it killable? Sure - but is it the hardest unit in the game to kill which makes basically any tank really vulnerable? Yes it is. No other armoured unit in COH2 can do what the su85 does, and it cost 115 fuel and is spammable in basically any game.

Input lag away, yes, however its not something intended and very situational depending on player hardware and relative location to the other player.

Something related to this is the stupid autocover that makes your units go where they like to go, and not do as you ordered them to. Also the 'regroupsystem' where the squad could wait for one member to get into place or clump up when ordered to go somewhere. Something that feels like input lag, but actually seems like annoying AI.

Yep I agree that is also a problem. And no I dont think input lag depends on hardware or relative location. Play singleplayer man its still there and its a game design choice - another example of taking the original and just making it much worse for no reason.

Rather like the system as is, but there should be some kind of reduction in buildtime or price for the mine-field (dmg adjusted accordingly). Not many players use theese and I think its quite sad.

They do damage, could be better, but the worst thing is the hit ratio. Think they need to hit more often.

A slight improvement on the mg42 would be good, otherwise I think its fine. Perhaps not pin as fast though, and units should be able to backpedal out of mgfire better, it worked very well in coh1. Now its either retreat or sit there like a duck.

I agree mg in vcoh were spot on.

Think current stats are ok for the units to be viable.

They are currently reworking the vet-system. But overall dont agree with you on this point.

Still there if you look close, you will see limbs flying. That said, I dont think that gore makes a cool game.

Im not talking about gore for gore sake - Im talking about taking a fantastic game engine, which give incredible effects and physics. SOmething that even to this day is beautiful to behold and replacing it with some cartoon bullshit. Its just taking a fantastic feature from a amazing game and doing it worse - and once again for no reason what so ever. Does gore make games good? Nope - but can amazing physic and realistic ( but not over the top ) violence add to a great game ? yes.

A cheap unit gets killed by an expensive unit? Not surprised. Its kind of hard to compare to how things worked IRL since the AT guns were used in a very diffrent way thatn the close quarters combat that is reality in this game. And if you think of it, a tank shell in the face of an open gun is most likely not a good day for the crew.

Its not cheap at 360 and cheap is relative. Should ANTI TANK weapons kill tanks? Yep - should they kill inf? NO... SO therefore the counter to anti tank weapons can be inf, tanks are vulnerable and should not be gg units. At the right place and time they can cause massive destruction but right now anything with armmout drives up to at gun , laughs and destorys it. Its a joke
2 Oct 2013, 12:02 PM

Damn well my reply didn't work well lol - i replied to your suggestions but its concealed in the dark box
2 Oct 2013, 12:30 PM

its not that your ideas are bad

but how about you think up ways to change your playstyle to fit the game, instead of the game to fit your playstyle.

and if you want to talk about frustrating experiences, play 3v3 and 4v4 as soviet for a while
2 Oct 2013, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2013, 12:30 PMbogeuh
its not that your ideas are bad

but how about you think up ways to change your playstyle to fit the game, instead of the game to fit your playstyle.

and if you want to talk about frustrating experiences, play 3v3 and 4v4 as soviet for a while

Thanks man thats a great comment, seriously I appreciate it. I do want the game to fit my playstyle.. but my playstyle is based of vcoh and if they removed what made it a good game for me then they should just call it something else and not cash in on the COH name.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★