Login

russian armor

Eventually, need free commanders with a DLC ability

3 Oct 2013, 04:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I did suggest something like this, with the proposed rearranged doctrines so that every new ability/unit would be present in one other doctrine, and most of these abilities/units would be present in a free doctrine, here:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/8736/rearranging-existing-doctrines
3 Oct 2013, 11:48 AM

No thanks, We've Paid good money for them if you can't afford them then you don't get the special abilities and you can play with the standard commanders.

3 Oct 2013, 13:02 PM

Permanently Banned
No thanks, We've Paid good money for them if you can't afford them then you don't get the special abilities and you can play with the standard commanders.

Youve already given your money, so you dont really have any leverage or say on the matter :P
3 Oct 2013, 13:06 PM

Are some of these people joking? I have a feeling that we're being trolled. At any rate, even though I have bought one commander since launch, I think that all abilities and units should be available in the free commanders, just in a different combination.
3 Oct 2013, 15:18 PM

well excuse me for not wanting my money wasted

you are excused, in fact your behavior is encouraged by me, i offer you my support and i wholeheartedly agree with you.
3 Oct 2013, 21:12 PM

Youve already given your money, so you dont really have any leverage or say on the matter :P

Of course we do, If they do something to upset us then we won't buy their next content..
3 Oct 2013, 22:03 PM

Of course we do, If they do something to upset us then we won't buy their next content..

But that means you have no more leverage than anyone else since anyone else can potentially buy their next content.

On-topic: They really should release some free commanders with the DLC abilities just so everyone would be able to learn first-hand any new mechanics that come with these (and future) DLC commanders.

As for CoH2 turning into LoL2: Dear God help us all.

The outcomes of RTS games should not be decided at "commander-select."
4 Oct 2013, 10:42 AM
Patrion 14

I bought DCE and the latest commanders as well. And I do think that this content should be availeble to everyone, but not within the same commanders. An ability here and a unit there would do fine for me. I paid for the commander and its combination of abilities, not for the abilities them selves.
4 Oct 2013, 16:51 PM

The way I see it on one hand the good thing more units means a varied selection of strategies (unless the units aren't balanced properly than it won't matter how many commanders there are only a couple will be "usable") but on the other you will REQUIRE those paid commanders to use those strategies. In the case of something like the Soviet guards who are nearly required against something like an aggressive tier 2 because the game is balanced with them in mind you need one guardsmen commander just in case or you're severely limiting yourself (If you didn't have a guards commander you would have to make do with AT nades for example). Sooner or later there will be another unit essential just like the guardsmen only available via DLC that will be required if you want to successfully counter certain strategies that's just how the game works and Relic is capitalizing on this.
4 Oct 2013, 18:10 PM

if they are going to release new commanders without testing them themselves then i think there needs to be a week or two weeks where they are free so that the community can do their job for them. at least until they are balanced. However, if they were to actually test the commanders before releasing them i dont see why we would need to get them for free even for weekends. also if i was anyone i would wait for a patch before buying commanders with new abilities. ie mech assault got screwed big time with the stupid muni cost on assgrens. pretty much made that doc a waste of money. they needed higher mp cost. something else besides muni cost on a unit. the only time i would outright buy a commander with new abilities is if it has a new heavy(thats not a 1941 heavy) ie King Tiger. thats really the only way you are safe with buying a new commander cause you know a unit like the king tiger is going to be awesome.
6 Oct 2013, 21:58 PM

That topic is extremely delicate since its just not right to release the commanders for free after some people have payed to play them and the way relic and sega are using the dlc commanders is soooo greedy , and i am really restraining myself otherwise i d use a lot worse descriptions , anyway to the point , think that in the future sthey should release half the commanders for free and half the others not , and as for now they should allow players who are 100 lvl pick one commander from the dlc for free

Jesus Christ Relic and Sega , your game isnt pay to win its pay and pay and pay and pay ... **** off already ...
7 Oct 2013, 00:41 AM

In my opinion any commander with new units should be free for everyone. No matter what new unit is in it.
Paid commanders should have different (better) units composition. Like it was before.

I'll speak for the Soviet side but KV-1 is a great tank and it adds a lot to the Soviets therefore it's safe to say that recent commanders are P2W.
I REALLY HOPE THIS WAS THE LAST TIME WE'VE SEEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT RELIC!

Seriously, shame on you. Whos stupid idea was that. Adding new units for money in a strategy game? Doesn't matter we have counters. New units - more options for a player.
You want to earn money do some skins or different models or something else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★