Login

russian armor

Industry Tactics KV8 vs KV2

27 Mar 2019, 14:54 PM

I'm curious on your opinions for team games. I've been playing around with the industry tactics doctrine (I think it's called that). Seems both KV8 and KV2 are designed to wreck infantry. Is it redundant to bring them both on the field? Appears they both fill the same role. I sort of feel its better to bring out two su85's with one of either KV's to allow defenses against those heavy Axis Tanks.

What are your thoughts?
27 Mar 2019, 15:31 PM

KV2 can also serve as a howitzer and can scare away majority of tanks.
27 Mar 2019, 15:40 PM

I've been trying to use the KV2 more but considering you can almost get three T34s for the same fuel cost it doesn't make sense to get one unless you need something on the field quickly.
27 Mar 2019, 15:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 15:31 PMFarlon
KV2 can also serve as a howitzer and can scare away majority of tanks.

Usually you will have the resources to get a KV8 first, before you hit enough CP's to unlock KV2. You saying it would be worth it to go for both?....I suppose you would have to know what your teammates are bringing to compliment your infantry monsters.
27 Mar 2019, 16:01 PM

Usually you will have the resources to get a KV8 first, before you hit enough CP's to unlock KV2. You saying it would be worth it to go for both?....I suppose you would have to know what your teammates are bringing to compliment your infantry monsters.

Idk I play 1v1 so usually one gets KV2 to skip T4.
27 Mar 2019, 17:14 PM

The KV-8 is great if it can be rushed, which in this doctrine means that you plant a few less mines or use less mortar flares/sniper flares penal ptrs or Zis-3 barrages and instead try to play a heavy soviet t2 or apply lots of pressure with a t1 and then invest in a cache or doubletech to t2 and then skip t3 and get t4 with a kv8 as first unit.
After the KV-8 you could get a t34 as soft AT to support your penals, Zis guns or a SU-85/SU-76 (later, the 76 variant only vs p4 spam if the enemy might get critical breakthroughs otherwise)
The KV-2 might be useful if you have your Setup ready and can hold off axis advances but you want to start soften their defenses (often great if you lost the KV-8 which could directly engage AT-guns).
The KV-2 comes way later and isn't as effective against teamweapons in a direct matter, but can engage them from a safe distance and usually needs to be countered by p5s or and elefant as it combines a t34 and katy it can hold off medium tank pushes easily and can fire over long distances.

The best part about the doctrine in teamgames are the repair stations and the combination of the kv-8 and the crew repair so you can dive with your kv-8 and repair quickly after disengaging and can keep the pressure high.

The weakness of this doctrine are early light vehicles or infantry heavy buildorders as it does neither have atgun camouflage to increase the strength and utility of t2 openings or elite infantry to quickly react on unexpected playstyles. On a sidenote this Doctrine also lacks offmaps so it might have troubles dealing with a LeFH or Pak43 you cannot help your team by providing reconnaissance and fuel drop planes can get hardcountered by a flak halftrack or 2 222s on most maps.
27 Mar 2019, 18:52 PM

KV-2 is good on certain maps like Lienne Forest (Mid VP) or Port of Hamburg. As BeastHunter mentioned above, there are few draw backs to this commander. If you like to use KV-2, I would go with Urban commander instead and if you like KV8 I would go with Shockrifle (Commander with IS-2).
27 Mar 2019, 19:05 PM

KV-2 is good on certain maps like Lienne Forest (Mid VP) or Port of Hamburg. As BeastHunter mentioned above, there are few draw backs to this commander. If you like to use KV-2, I would go with Urban commander instead and if you like KV8 I would go with Shockrifle (Commander with IS-2).

Yah I love shock rifle as well. But what I'm curious about is if people often opt to go for both tanks considering they seem to have the same role. I played a round on Lanz Ambush where I brought them both in, and it sort of felt like I didn't have enough AT, Luckily I had a USF partner that brought 4 jacksons to the party. :)
27 Mar 2019, 19:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Both aren't worth a penny. period.
27 Mar 2019, 19:36 PM

In 90% of the teamgames i would recommend Terror Tactics instead of IS-2 as callins aren't usually needed as often as offmaps like the il-2 bombs to destroy howitzers or the last 80% of okw HQs you also get the option to build a howitzer of your own if you float mp and are low on fuel after building a kv8. The Propaganda and teh Incendiary Barrage have similiar usage in most cases (Porpaganda also illuminates the area so might be useful for other offmaps and loiters).
27 Mar 2019, 20:13 PM

Both aren't worth a penny. period.

Reading between the lines it seems like your response is choose a different commander. Not at all helpful for the question at hand, but thanks for sharing.
27 Mar 2019, 20:56 PM

Permanently Banned

Reading between the lines it seems like your response is choose a different commander. Not at all helpful for the question at hand, but thanks for sharing.

The point is both ISU152 with Mark target or IS2 coupled with KV8 do the same job much better than the kv2
27 Mar 2019, 21:12 PM

The point is both ISU152 with Mark target or IS2 coupled with KV8 do the same job much better than the kv2

Exactly, your point is to choose a different commander. My question was about the Industry tactics commander and if anyone chooses to use KV8/KV2 in unison. You're response was, "They aren't worth a penny, period". Mate, thats the type of crap that derails threads and wasn't helpful at all to the question. A more favorable response would read like "I'm not a big fan of the KV2, so I rarely use that commander" I agree, love using KV8/IS2 together. Yet, I think having repair stations are fun too. So I'm trying something different.
27 Mar 2019, 21:22 PM

Permanently Banned

Exactly, your point is to choose a different commander. My question was about the Industry tactics commander and if anyone chooses to use KV8/KV2 in unison. You're response was, "They aren't worth a penny, period". Mate, thats the type of crap that derails threads and wasn't helpful at all to the question. A more favorable response would read like "I'm not a big fan of the KV2, so I rarely use that commander" I agree, love using KV8/IS2 together. Yet, I think having repair stations are fun too. So I'm trying something different.

I have pointed out at the fact. It's you who's making a rocket science out of it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★