Login

russian armor

Balancing should be done without doctrinal units first.

30 Sep 2013, 21:01 PM

Doctrinal units should add flavors, new ways to do things but not be essential to win as if the other side dont use it itself.

Doctrinal units should be counter vs other doctrinal units or concepts.

Example : Sovs without gards should still be able to strive at tank warfare.
But now it isnt the case.

Units balance:

A Zis at gun cost 360 vs a panther 600+130 fuel, At gun should be the cheap way to defend vs tanks, but any panther not evenly flanking will crush the at-gun effortlessly (even if supported with 1 mine + 1 concripts+1 at nades) That should not happen. (only rarely)

To do a tank breakthrough, the germans should need to clear the at-guns first with infantry or if mg protected with snipers or mortars. Not just send the tank blobs... that so unreal... and not fun.

Su-85 now turn slower then at-guns... It should not. it's long range ability should be a munitions upgrade ( i say min 80 mun) and his normal range the same an at-gun.So plz remove the last nerf making the unit useless.

Panzer-grenadier should have a choice of upgrade : anti-infantry or anti-tank not both...it need a separate mun upgrade.

Grenadier panzer faust should setup to fire 3 time faster. (with a cooldown)

M3 cargo should only be hurted up to 50% but not dead if he died.

Veterancy should only add offence and damage avoidance, but never add any hit points.

Veterancy should increase the at-nades effect on all tanks and molotov on infantry,so it will make the unit scale better. Same for grenadier grenade and faust.

Snipers should be able to kill mg without any fear of retaliation. Add 15% to sniper sight/fire range.

Make snipers who have not yet fired any shots 40% harder to spot. Add a cool down of 240 sec to that passive ability after he fire.( So spying will become interesting again)

Slow down all mortars setup time by 30%, but make the more precise by 15%. (they are op and not fun)

Make the Oswind dead zone radius close around him the length of an sov at-gun.(its not an mg)

Add camouflage to all at-gun for a mun cost (30) and remove it if he move or turn.

Snipers should be able to kill mg without any fear of retaliation. Add 15% to sniper's sight/fire range.

Give at-nades to penal bat and shock troops if the upgrade is researched. (not molotov, they would drink it...)

Make all scout cars (sov and ger) come the fast speed ability, but if they use it without being at least vet 1 they get an engine critical hit.

Add 37 mm AAA gun M1939 to Sov T4, it move at 50% the speed of normal at-gun but turn 100% faster. Effective like the new doctrinal sov light at-gun vs armored unit, and has 50% the effectivness of the t3 quad half-track vs airplane and infantry.Same dead zone as ostwind (cost 280 man)

Lower the cost of both german mines by 30%. (too high to use really use it).

Reduce by 20% sov and gern engineer flamer. It's too powerful.

Just my 5 cents to make the game more fun and balanced.

P.S Balancing doctrinal units will be made on another post.
30 Sep 2013, 21:06 PM

Doctrinal units should add flavors, new ways to do things but not be essential to win as if the other side dont use it itself.

Doctrinal units should not be counter vs other doctrinal units or concepts.

Example : Sovs without gards should still be able to strive at tank warfare.
But now it isnt the case.

i did some edits on what i supposed you where trying to say. and my answer to this. is

JEW YUST REEELIZED RELICS NEW BUSINISS MODULL! COMMANDERS, COMMANDERS EVERYWHERE.
30 Sep 2013, 21:28 PM

i did some edits on what i supposed you where trying to say. and my answer to this. is

JEW YUST REEELIZED RELICS NEW BUSINISS MODULL! COMMANDERS, COMMANDERS EVERYWHERE.

Doctrine units should be counter to other doctrine units. Like vcoh tech tree.
30 Sep 2013, 21:42 PM

1. a zis, AT nade and a mine typically will force a panther to limp away. the panther may be able to kill the zis if it gets close and shoots long enough, but the zis will do some serious damage if you damage its engine soon enough. the way i see it, that already is a cheap way to defend against a much more expensive t4 tank.

2. tank blob effectiveness varies greatly depending on the situation.

3. dont forget to turn off the focus sight ability and its barely slower than before. i see a lot of players forgetting about this and it makes them easy to circle. it already has the same range as an AT gun, unless youre talking about sight, in which case it still doesnt need a buff.

4. pgrens only have an AT upgrade, unless you include g43s. taking both upgrades makes them the most expensive squad in the game and is generally a bad idea.

5. i dont think the grens need it, especially as long as AT nades and fausts never miss.

6. just hop out of the m3 before it blows up and you take 0 damage.

7. theyre reworking veterancy currently.

8. i dont think any of these need to get more effective. by the late game they are already spammable

9. snipers already outrange mgs, so it would make no difference against an mg. this buff would just make sniper cars/snipers even harder to chase down.

10. no comment.

11. mortars are op so buff their accuracy? setup time is typically irrelavent for mortars.

12. pretty unimportant change

13. unlikely as this is already a doctrinal ability

14. repeat of #9

15. this would make every soviet inf squad be able to chase off vehicles. thats what you have guards and conscripts for.

16. not sure why they need this. soviets already get overdrive at vet 1.

17. dont see this happening right after they just added the 45mm.

18. now this i agree with. germans need to be able to plant mines in the early game. currently theyre too reliant on munitions. lmgs, schrecks, flame ht, upgun scout car, and mgs on tanks are all expensive. germans already have to make choices on what to upgrade, planting just 1 mine limits the choices even further. reduce the damage and the cost on the teller. make the AI mines able to be planted 1 at a time.

19. the damage on the flamer damage isnt really the issue. most of its kills are becuase of crits and flame crits function the same for all weapons. i guess one way to make it crit less is have the burst duration shortened or reload/cooldown duration increased.
30 Sep 2013, 22:32 PM

Doctrine units should be counter to other doctrine units. Like vcoh tech tree.

in that case i disagree, you are enforcing a rock paper scissor gameplay. were one player picks a commander and the other has to activate its counter. in a future 1000 commander model for coh2 this wont work.
1 Oct 2013, 07:03 AM

in that case i disagree, you are enforcing a rock paper scissor gameplay. were one player picks a commander and the other has to activate its counter. in a future 1000 commander model for coh2 this wont work.

This.. I remember, when ever I played as panzer elite, I waited for the Brit to select royal engineers, the game would be over quickly since I can go tank destroyer tactics and counter every special ability he had.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 7
United States 2
Germany 21
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %