Login

russian armor

avoiding grenades

29 Sep 2013, 23:27 PM

how do you guys avoid grenades thrown at you of-screen?
29 Sep 2013, 23:35 PM

well, in VCOH it was a ton harder, but in this game you can hear your units telling you about the grenades being thrown at them, no matter where you are looking on the map

the rifle grenade sound goes off a second before the projectile actually fires, and it plays throughout the entire map, so by using that and working out quickly which units it could be you can lessen the damage

its pretty much all audio-clues
29 Sep 2013, 23:37 PM

Well, you can't that's why I like throwing grenades/Molotov's when opponent is busy micro in other part of the map :P.

EDIT_1: in CoH2 mostly you can recognize grenade animation and move the unit or just hear your units screaming about incoming grenades ;).
29 Sep 2013, 23:39 PM

Press retreat. With the 3-4 second delay, it's too risky to just move, because it may wipe out a lot of your squad.
30 Sep 2013, 00:20 AM

it is hard to tell when i have 2-3 engagements same time, can't really know on which one grenade is to be thrown... more so in 2v2 or 3v3 games when its all out mayhem
they should have made that pressing space relocates you to that squad. thats the only time i really need that space button.

although i think when my squad throws a grenade it also plays that "grenade!" sound.
i barely manage to dodge any of the rifle-nades
30 Sep 2013, 12:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If you don't see the animation for the rifle nade the audio cue wont help atm. They shout the moment it hit or even after that after they fixed the munition bug with rifle nade.
Dodging molotov is very easy.
If you retreat your squad they bunch up which is so frustrating when you know the enemy will throw a nade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★