Login

russian armor

booby traps need to change

3 Oct 2013, 22:23 PM

Well, we're discussing booby traps and how they function, not an effective sector artillery.

A "capcircle arti" is what you're suggesting, which might function graphically better if the current booby trap mechanic is to be retained, might only work if the actual mechanic can't be fixed/changed to a more appropriate one.
3 Oct 2013, 22:42 PM

Eh, it could be called Registered Artillery, which was a common tactic on both sides. That's what Sector Arty is supposed to represent.
6 Oct 2013, 03:39 AM

While not having purchased that commander myself, I've seen it demo'ed in several replays. I hated the sector artillery crap in CoH, and this ability seems like a cheesier version of that. At the very least, you should have to deploy this with a unit.
6 Oct 2013, 07:25 AM

What an incredible commander this one is.
- Booby traps that are placed without human interaction, explode with no delay and kill entire squads. For 100M, which is actually a great price for what it does.
- An FHQ that, aside from the expected FHQ bonuses (healing + reinforcing), is also built nearly instantly (so a unit can just jump into a house in the middle of the battle and build it) and it can only be destroyed by bringing said house down.
Really, I know that balancing the game is a work in progress. I am generally satisfied with Relic's pace at releasing patches and slowly getting there.

But these kinds of things are complete BS. There is no way to defend this: these new commanders were released to be clearly OP so that people would buy them. Does anyone wanna bet that in some weeks they will be nerfed in order to balance the game?

Really, don't lose your time pointing out why the bobby traps are OP. Relic knows this from the moment they designed it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★