Login

russian armor

Pwned by Maxim Spam

3 Mar 2019, 04:49 AM

I've been having trouble against maxim spam build orders. Losing pretty consistently against multiple maxims supporting each other and harassing my fuel/cutoff. This replay shows it pretty well. My opponent is stronger than me (level 9 vs level 5) so it wasn't too surprising that I lost, but I wonder: what could I have done better?
27 May 2019, 05:53 AM

I've been having trouble against maxim spam build orders. Losing pretty consistently against multiple maxims supporting each other and harassing my fuel/cutoff. This replay shows it pretty well. My opponent is stronger than me (level 9 vs level 5) so it wasn't too surprising that I lost, but I wonder: what could I have done better?

I'm no expert level player, but I was interested in this because whenever I play Russians the Maxim seems easy to defeat by Germans. So, I'll give my advice, but again I'm no expert player.

I don't think this is Maxim spam; if you watch the replay he only has two of them, one of which does get killed (though by that point he has T70s). You could make the argument it is T70 spam with three of them circling like sharks around your isolated men. Anyways with regards to the Maxims it isn't that he had a lot of them, it's that he predicted where you would go and set them up accordingly. You might have spread yourself a bit thin with one Volks attacking a point at a time. If they don't trade evenly, it's a loss for you for sure because Russian units take significantly less manpower to reinforce. You also don't get your own MG out for a while which hurts your position defensively and that's how he got map control. Also due to the fact it was only two MGs, a light vehicle could have harassed them from behind (but you have to avoid conscript AT grenades).

I also think he played with a very reactive play style. He started with two engineers, because they are cheap and can capture quickly. He used the engineers in the front to spot, and that's how he knew where to put his MGs. The MGs were working so he didn't bothered building more, instead just using cons in case you got a light vehicle, and used them to protect his fuel. When he saw you had no AT, he went T70. You did get the Rakten out there, but one against two T70s is not good odds and by then he was loaded with fuel.

So my advice would be use sturmpios to scout while they capture and use that information to plan your attacks. React to your enemy, build what he fears most. React to the situation, if you are going to lose a war for 50/50 map control, concentrate on one fuel point. Victory points are less important in early game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 87

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight