Login

russian armor

Simply can't win in 2v2

18 Feb 2019, 05:13 AM

Since the december changes we simply can't win.

While we can establish early game dominance in most of the matches, as soon as they start to unlock new tools to fight (mostly grenades and light vehicles) the enemy is able to deal enourmous amount of damage to my penal builds.

T70 being our lord and savior that allows you to trim infantry blobs always feels far away when you need it. Its a great asset in the late game if it manages to survive, as vet3 turns it into a serious danger for enemy infantry.

Sooner or later you are forced to go for a quad to deal with overwatch sector assault as it can easily force you inside your base for a minute straight if planes are not dealt with. This also has the side effect of building a unit deprived of combat value just as a reaccionary tool to overwatch.

I haven't been able to hold my ground with Su76 as of late, I'm starting to see panzer tactician more frecuently, which basicly counters my in depth defence against vehicles as it cancels guards button end enables really agressive dives with mediums. Su85 turns into the only way to deal with armor. Great stats but ends up falling to the same divey tactics.

It gets worse as games evolve into the late game, as T34s simply can't deal with infantry fast enough as they rely on sustained fire from its machineguns rather than its gun. Can't deal with okw armor either, even in numbers.
Katy is a joke that can't decrew clumped crews with a direct hit, has no vet1 bonuses and has abysmal rate of fire. I much prefer ML20s,

Repair taxing is abysmal. In the lategame my engies are forced into a non stop repair schedule. It gets worse when using heavies, as they end up relaying more on hitpoints than armor for survability.

I'd like to know what can I do to improve my build and deal more efficiently with blobs supported by JLI

In this game my ISU 152 reaches up to 70 infantry kills, but didn't seem to do much in terms of delivering key blows to my enemy.
18 Feb 2019, 06:48 AM

I think you guys should build MG or at least fighting positions.

And placing some mines, it looks like the mobility of Panther caused a large problem here.
18 Feb 2019, 10:11 AM

I'd be happy to review this on stream in real-time for you tomorrow, if you'd like.

Just let me know.
18 Feb 2019, 10:49 AM

I am not sure if Sov + USF is the way to go as it seems ineffective vs OPKW in many circumstances compared to UKF, and there is a lot double OKW one-trick teams in 2v2 queue.. you need 1 brit player I think.
18 Feb 2019, 11:26 AM

Soviet is pretty much needed in 2v2 cous of katys and heavy tanks call-in, so i think usf/sov or ukf/sov are both good combo even if 2nd one is a bit more effective
18 Feb 2019, 15:12 PM

I kinda threw our advantage after the first PZ4 kill here.
18 Feb 2019, 15:31 PM

I'd be happy to review this on stream in real-time for you tomorrow, if you'd like.

Just let me know.

You can, just let us know when you are streaming
18 Feb 2019, 17:47 PM

I am not sure if Sov + USF is the way to go as it seems ineffective vs OPKW in many circumstances compared to UKF, and there is a lot double OKW one-trick teams in 2v2 queue.. you need 1 brit player I think.

Ah that's not entirely true. I play mainly with a Sov player, and I tend to win more games with them than UKF. Im still yet to watch the replay, but USF and SOV are at their strongest (stronger than Brits or another Sov) in Light vehicles, if they are coordinated, they tend to tear a hole in OKW defences, and in alot of cases, OST. Their late game is usually when things become a little harder, because USF have more a more expensive army in general than Sovs. For example, you can get two t34s for 1.5 Jacksons, Just about (exaggerated but i cbf actually working it out). thats when it becomes harder, because USF generally have a harder late game than other factions.

I haven't watched the replay yet, but i will. I'll leave my review here and I'll see if there's anything i can contribute.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 26
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %