Login

russian armor

How to play 4v4 properly?

17 Feb 2019, 17:30 PM

After a while away from 4v4, I recently take it up again. Maybe that was a mistake...

I have encountered a few matches as OWK with extremely frustrating results. They all look like this - early game push failed, then suddenly Penals/Riflemen/Brit sim cities, and as OKW, my only solution at hand is...rakettens and perhaps, if I am lucky (like the game I am posting), a Stuka.

How can 4v4s be played more, or should I say, less frustrating? I have loaded Fortifications, Feuerstrum and Breakthrough commanders, should I change such loadout as well?

Many thanks in advance for any constructive comments or criticism on my gameplay!

17 Feb 2019, 18:01 PM

There is a lot to comment on, because there is a whole lot that went badly for you that game.

You lost at 15 minutes when one of your team dropped - you can't 3v4 unless your opponents are awful. The rest of the fight was a losing battle.

Your team could use some work on the basics. Don't move their infantry as one big blob, don't stand in open cover in big groups near mortar pits.

You had a fine early game in the mid and north but you never even countested the south. That resource advantage for your opponents is a big help for them building up fast.

You also played directly into the strengths of your brit opponents. You have already neglected a chunk of the map, and then you all do a back and forth front line combat in the range of their mortar emplacements and bofors. Congregating around those emplacements was a terrible idea. You would have been better served redirecting south and clearing out their defences there, which would have made the emplacements worthless in the short term. If they invest that heavily into a single defensive spot, ignore it, because it can't move. Come back once you have a better set of tools to deal with it.

Generally, in 4v4, indirect fire is an absolute must. You did reasonably well against the sim city once you had a couple of LeiGs in place and, really, would have done just fine if you let them bleed MP and sapper time and didn't feed your own infantry into the emplacements.

If you see simcity, go firesturm, since you have it. The LeiG flame rounds munch on emplacements like buttery hotcakes and are extra deadly for troops trying to repair while under fire.

All in all? Keep practicing, don't lose a whole chunk of the map, and be willing to change the direction of your attack of it goes poorly in one spot.

And pick a commander before 7cp!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS