Login

russian armor

Feversturm?

5 Feb 2019, 04:36 AM

I know guys are totally in love with Jaeger Light Infantry right now (deservedly so), but I do like playing the Feversturm doctrine, pretty much for the I.e support incini-ammo, as well as the Hetzer 38 Flammenpanzer. I've seen them hurt sim city as well as being a brutal against infantry blobs.

Anyone else use this doctrine for fun?
5 Feb 2019, 05:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I do sometimes, it can be a very good doctrine.

For the flammenhetzer i'd recommened that bulletin, it does make a difference with him
5 Feb 2019, 05:44 AM

It is totally pain in the back, when playing against in team games. Leig barrages forces you to constantly reposition your team weapons and MP-40 upgrade turns volks into cheap version of soviet assault boys with smoke nades.
And when Hetzer is supported well by teammates(raketen still bad as AT)it can barbecue your units to death, reaching at least 3 stars if not overextended.
7 Feb 2019, 08:01 AM

Is this doctrine good vs shock troops?

I'm really struggeling to find the good counters against the increased power and versatility of these guys.
7 Feb 2019, 19:59 PM

I'm really struggling to find the good counters against the increased power and versatility of these guys.

The Hetzer 38 will eat them for breakfast. Especially if they are suppressed first.

The best way to play the Flammpanzer is not as a tank, but as an infantry support weapon. By itself it'll get creamed, but if you have at least minor support with it, it is a beast. I think it's a better infantry weapon than the Brummbar because the Brummbar has that ridiculous delay between the shell firing and dropping; and it costs way less.
7 Feb 2019, 20:28 PM

I'm really struggeling to find the good counters against the increased power and versatility of these guys.

I wouldn't recommend countering Shock Troops head on ever, but you can try to throw some of the HE-Grenades over walls and bushes or at enemies who seem to have a slower micro. The variant of the Volksgrenadier upgrade is quite nice as you can unleash chaos on your enemy by throwing multiple different grenades and he will have troubles doging each one in the right way or will lack time if he is playing support weapons.
The strongpoint of the doctrine in teamgames were the devastating Flame Hetzer rush by going for the Medic HQ mostly relying on the Sturm Pioneer medic crates for healing (dependant on ammo/fuel economy) and then rushing Schwer HQ and getting the Hetzer as first unit.
My exact buildorder is varying from map to map but i usually play with 4 volksgrenadiers (atleast one of each Upgrade) on Building heavy maps only 3 Volks and a second Sturm for the flamer upgrade ideally you do not play with leigs and try to use your infantry to pressure points and only get Raketens if you expect vehicles.
If your enemy does play in a defensive manner a single leig should do the trick unless emplacements are involved then a second (more emplacements more leigs) mostly to stop Sappers from repairing and to lay some hot love on the structures should solve all your problems.
To support your first Flame Hetzer 2 raketens would be optimal but if you lack some manpower and can surround it with volks to faust incoming vehicles a single raketen could do the trick.
I get the Opel Blitz Truck usually in the lategame to build and support my own defensive positions or assaults.
The Rocket Arty offmap can destroy howitzers or stolen Pak43s or can be great to delocalise or destroy atgun walls.

If you are interested in replays you could write me a pm and i'll try to save replay of me using this strategy in a fair game (keep in mind i mostly play 3s and main eastern front factions).
7 Feb 2019, 21:16 PM

If you are interested in replays you could write me a pm and i'll try to save replay of me using this strategy in a fair game (keep in mind i mostly play 3s and main eastern front factions).

Do you have any replays using it in 1v1? It's the only game mode that really interests me.
7 Feb 2019, 22:36 PM

Do you have any replays using it in 1v1? It's the only game mode that really interests me.

haven't played 1s as okw for a while so no replays from the current patch but i used a similar build when using the doctrine in 1s.
10 Feb 2019, 06:39 AM

I would say no, 1 squad of Shock can kill 2 squad of MP-40 volks and get away with 2 models remaining (It was a shitty unscientific test where I spawned the two volks on top of the shock. If you have to close in I reckon the shocks will kill even more before you get into range).
12 Feb 2019, 09:15 AM

I would say no, 1 squad of Shock can kill 2 squad of MP-40 volks and get away with 2 models remaining (It was a shitty unscientific test where I spawned the two volks on top of the shock. If you have to close in I reckon the shocks will kill even more before you get into range).

Well I probably wouldn't pick the doctrine for the mp40 upgrade (except maybe for one unit for the utility and wiping weaker units and stuff on retreat).

I was thinkting more about the rest of the doctrine like the hetzer, incendiary isg rounds and flamer for Sturmpios.
12 Feb 2019, 14:08 PM

I'd love if incendiary isg could set ambient buildings on fire.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★