Login

russian armor

sorry AmiPolizeiFunk

26 Sep 2013, 18:25 PM

i'm not looking for any trouble, i even have to apoligize, because the thread wasn't locked at all. my apoligies, just tell me where i need to draw the line. why do some threads get locked just because of an "unspecific title". i just dont see whats wrong about that. it attracts peoples attention and keeps your thread from being open for disucssion. again, i apologize for the unfair accusation about censorship, but some things just dont look fair imo on this forum
26 Sep 2013, 18:58 PM

26 Sep 2013, 19:02 PM

sorry man, i just felt i had to say this publicly, because it's what he's doing to,in my previous thread
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 26 Sep 2013, 19:09 PM

I'll give some insight.

First I'll be clear I don't have anything to do with moderating this forum. I'm a guest here just as you are. To repeat I have NOTHING to do with how COH2.ORG operates or moderates. They let stuff go that I wouldn't and that's the way it should be.

I do however moderate our official forums and the Steam forums. So to the question of what's wrong with "unspecific" thread titles it's basically because it makes it impossible to find something.

I can't remember what yours was titled but on both the official forums we get a lot of threads titled things like:

- Relic Look At This
- Big Mistake
- Everything is the Worst!
- I like this
- Fun times

And so forth.

As someone whose job it is to go through threads to pull out the feedback you guys provide that's pretty horrible for me, and for other people.

So let's say I'm reading a thread titled "Relic Look At This" and it's about a bug in the game that I haven't seen reported before. Let's say I'm on my mobile phone reading at home, and want to remember that to report in the morning.

I go in the next day and I can't remember what the thread is called, but spend two hours looking through threads because of the title. That's 2 hours I could have been using to report other bugs, or gather more feedback.

And let's say you are reporting a bug and call the thread "Relic Look At This" so we look at it. We do and ask if anyone else has seen the issue, so we can eliminate it just being a problem with your PC. 5 other people have the same issue, but never read the thread because it's not titled anything to do with the problem they're having.

Another issue is that at a certain point if we (Relic) respond to a thread with a title like "Relic Look At This" or "Noun Look Here" then it just encourages more people to do that.

Soon all threads will be titled "Relic Read This" or some variation because people will start to believe that is the best way to get us to read something.

Again I have 0 (ZERO) say in moderation here. I'm just pointing out conventions on other CoH related forums which are common around the internet.
26 Sep 2013, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 19:09 PMNoun
I'll give some insight.

First I'll be clear I don't have anything to do with moderating this forum. I'm a guest here just as you are. To repeat I have NOTHING to do with how COH2.ORG operates or moderates. They let stuff go that I wouldn't and that's the way it should be.

I do however moderate our official forums and the Steam forums. So to the question of what's wrong with "unspecific" thread titles it's basically because it makes it impossible to find something.

I can't remember what yours was titled but on both the official forums we get a lot of threads titled things like:

- Relic Look At This
- Big Mistake
- Everything is the Worst!
- I like this
- Fun times

And so forth.

As someone whose job it is to go through threads to pull out the feedback you guys provide that's pretty horrible for me, and for other people.

So let's say I'm reading a thread titled "Relic Look At This" and it's about a bug in the game that I haven't seen reported before. Let's say I'm on my mobile phone reading at home, and want to remember that to report in the morning.

I go in the next day and I can't remember what the thread is called, but spend two hours looking through threads because of the title. That's 2 hours I could have been using to report other bugs, or gather more feedback.

And let's say you are reporting a bug and call the thread "Relic Look At This" so we look at it. We do and ask if anyone else has seen the issue, so we can eliminate it just being a problem with your PC. 5 other people have the same issue, but never read the thread because it's not titled anything to do with the problem they're having.

Another issue is that at a certain point if we (Relic) respond to a thread with a title like "Relic Look At This" or "Noun Look Here" then it just encourages more people to do that.

Soon all threads will be titled "Relic Read This" or some variation because people will start to believe that is the best way to get us to read something.

Again I have 0 (ZERO) say in moderation here. I'm just pointing out conventions on other CoH related forums which are common around the internet.

the difference between you and the moderators here is that i actually get a decent answer from you. i really thank you for replying, because now i actually understand what you guys are going through. im not looking for beef, i was just stunned to see some of my threads locked, then i ask for an answer, and i just dont get any! again, thanks for replying, i get what you're saying, and i have respect for that, looks like the moderators on here can learn something from you!

P.S.
I still think its strange that you guys aren't alowed to moderate on here, but that is none of my business so i will not go on any further on that note
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 26 Sep 2013, 19:23 PM

a) I'm sure they're busy. The difference is I am paid to do this, and it's during my work day. Everyone who runs COH2.ORG is a volunteer and unpaid. I don't believe the ads do anything but cover basic server costs, if that. It's a hobby, not a business.

b) Your post isn't that old, I'm sure it would have gotten a response.

c) I don't want to moderate here. This site, and others like Relic News and Gamereplays, work best because they're providing us with feedback we may not get from our own site where we do moderate. The more flavours of feedback we get the better the stew.

Or something.

Ultimately I'd hope it means that people feel free to say negative stuff about us here, because we learn even from negative feedback. (As long as it's constructive and not just venting).
26 Sep 2013, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 19:23 PMNoun
a) I'm sure they're busy. The difference is I am paid to do this, and it's during my work day. Everyone who runs COH2.ORG is a volunteer and unpaid. I don't believe the ads do anything but cover basic server costs, if that. It's a hobby, not a business.

b) Your post isn't that old, I'm sure it would have gotten a response.

c) I don't want to moderate here. This site, and others like Relic News and Gamereplays, work best because they're providing us with feedback we may not get from our own site where we do moderate. The more flavours of feedback we get the better the stew.

Or something.

Ultimately I'd hope it means that people feel free to say negative stuff about us here, because we learn even from negative feedback. (As long as it's constructive and not just venting).

it did get a response, saying there was a thread on here that somewhat related to my problem. But they somehow forgot that my main issue wasn't really discussed on there, so , basically, i should discuss my problem on another thread that wasn't talking about it that much, which, in my point of view, is just a waste of time, so i just made my own, and it got locked! kind of a shame, i'd say, since some people were actually agreeing with me, and some were discussing with me, which is also good
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 26 Sep 2013, 19:30 PM

As undostrescuatro noted I'd PM a moderator about it. I can't speak to specifics.
26 Sep 2013, 19:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

like nound said. PM one of the black or red admins with your issue.... We're working on getting a senior moderator who takes responsibility for things like this in the future. We're just short of them right now
26 Sep 2013, 19:57 PM

like nound said. PM one of the black or red admins with your issue.... We're working on getting a senior moderator who takes responsibility for things like this in the future. We're just short of them right now

thanks, i will take this in consideration next time then, i'll also just apologize for insulting you in one of my previous threads, since i'll admit it wans't really a mature thing to do, but rather out of rage and trying to piss off some people even further that i already had some issues with
26 Sep 2013, 19:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Please PM me and I'll answer you any question you want. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★