Login

russian armor

Getting my arse kicked by OKW infantry spam

27 Jan 2019, 11:07 AM

Please tell me what I did wrong here. Not my best game micro-wise but I just cannot figure out how to keep up field control as Brits against flame nades, sandbags, StGs, and call-in squads. OKW infantry is overwhelming, then the rush to P4 seals the deal - I've been losing to this strategy for days.

Stuff that I already know I did badly:

1. At around 2:00 Didn't move up MG to support the fight (but that's because I was worried about JLI spawning from the building)

2. Messed up the engagement at 8:30 by leaving my sniper open and having to retreat him

3. Double sniper was probably a bad idea, I don't usually try it, was just desperate for something that could counter the spam and couldn't think of any other options

4. Sometime after 10:00 I just give up (you can tell from my whiny chat messages) and throw everything away, so no need to point that out :D

Thanks a lot in advance if anyone has the time to take a look at this
29 Jan 2019, 15:27 PM

I’ll have a look tonight
29 Jan 2019, 18:47 PM

I had a look and wrote a few points - hope these help

1. Build cover every opportunity with ur infantry on capping points where its a long capture that u can use to ur advantage.
2. Aggressive faction like OKW, keep your fuel guarded with 1 unit stationed there i'd recommend around your fuel points area. e.g. 1 MG over to suppress oncoming infantry - 03:00 you had 2 near the house
3. Really good start - Great opportunity to wipe volks which was missed, maybe overlooked ? easy to do in heat of battle.
4. Mines on house entrance was fantastic - unlucky not to get wipe
5. watch your flanks on MG 06:20 resulting in loss of MG - support ur support weapons.
6. Dont overextend with ur inf unsupported (e.g. sappers on cut off 08:00) when u know theres troops in his area

My 2 biggest things I hope can help are
1. Sniper is an investment, conciously guard it, its retreated too often which is time wasted to bleed OKW. Your using it a lot frontline only to be surprised by infantry resulting in retreats and eventually wiped - keep it behind mainline infantry to pick away. Being a regular sniper player myself, I can help with tips on sniper play if you wish, just say.

Other one is reason your MG's are getting flame nades regularly is because they're first into houses when u dont know whats near them - infantry right beside house resulted in the nades. Send ur infantry around area first to know what your dealing with. keep your support weapons supported and use those to support your infantry.

Just throwing in my pennys worth, hope this helps.
29 Jan 2019, 20:45 PM

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate the advice, read it in detail.

It sounds like my problem is trying to overextend in too many areas, when my stuff has to be supporting each other.

I guess I was trying to avoid turtling / camping and thus keep up map control, but maybe as Brits there's no choice in this patch but to first focus on one area, and push only when that's secure... or something :P

Cheers again
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS