Login

russian armor

Multiplayer # of players searching display

26 Sep 2013, 11:10 AM

removing ranks and number of players searching. If you intended to prevent people from dropping they still do because guess what .... the number of stars on their faceplates still gives an idea of their rank. So if they see a number of 1 stars on their team and 5 stars on the other they drop as before.

I really dont get removing the ability to see how many people are searching. Its a waste of time for me if just 2 or 3 people are searching for a 4 v 4 game. At least if I could see that I would do something else instead of waiting for eternity for a game.

I think its better if you brought back the display of rank and number of players searching for a game.
26 Sep 2013, 11:15 AM

removing ranks and number of players searching. If you intended to prevent people from dropping they still do because guess what .... the number of stars on their faceplates still give an idea of their rank. So if they see a number of 1 stars on their team and 5 stars on the other they drop as before.

I really dont get removing the ability to see how many people are searching. Its a waste of time for me if just 2 or 3 people are searching for a 4 v 4 game. At least if I could see that I would do something else instead of waiting for eternity for a game.

I think its better if you brought back the display of rank and number of players searching for a game.

3 players are searchin for a 4v4 game? lol
26 Sep 2013, 11:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well I agree on this, I don't know why they removed these numbers and I would want them back to be honest, at least the number of players searching :)
26 Sep 2013, 11:56 AM
26 Sep 2013, 12:59 PM
Benefactor 115

I think it was embarassing so they took it out :)
26 Sep 2013, 13:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

Im fine with not knowing the level (eventhough it´s silly since you count the stars) as we know that Level =/= Skill.

PD: just experience :P
26 Sep 2013, 13:17 PM

yes number of players searching should be brought back, rank as you said can tell by stars and that doesn't mean anything to me except how long they been playing the game not skill of player
26 Sep 2013, 13:42 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Changed your title from the particularly vague and useless "Relic what is the point of..."
26 Sep 2013, 14:38 PM

We need the number of players searching !!!! People don't wait in queues if they don't know that they will get a game !!!! That has the biggest impact in 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4. I waited 3 times 5 minutes without getting a match !!! Never happen before !!!!
26 Sep 2013, 15:09 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I agree with all of you, I'd like to see more info, not less.
26 Sep 2013, 15:23 PM

Just a stupid move from Relic, don't know why, seriously what is going on with this game?!
26 Sep 2013, 15:26 PM
Benefactor 115

the amount of map vetos available was also removed from the top right of the menu. I don't get what the fuck is up half the time.
26 Sep 2013, 15:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I'm inclined to the cock-up theory of history, rather than conspiracies.

They've been dibbling with the intel bulletins and adding in Case Blue etc.

I think somebody miscoded somewhere
26 Sep 2013, 16:11 PM

I'm glad they removed the level ranking. Very annoying to watch idiots resign because they think time spent playing (lvl 100's) is somehow the same thing as skill. Hopefully they remove the rank insignia too, I'd prefer to keep people from dropping early.

I'm conflicted on whether removing the number of players searching was a good idea or not. On one hand it gave people who didn't understand the metric the impression that the population was exceedingly low. On the other hand it is nice to know how many people are actively searching for a game. I think if they make the metric easier for the simpler among us to understand it should be displayed.
Only Relic postRelic 26 Sep 2013, 16:43 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Instead of showing a number which confuses people who don't understand the system, perhaps we could use a low/medium/high value for players searching. Would that be a better alternative?

I suppose we could try to remove faceplates on the loading screen as well, a lot of people were dropping simply on seeing higher ranks.
26 Sep 2013, 16:46 PM

Instead of showing a number which confuses people who don't understand the system, perhaps we could use a low/medium/high value for players searching. Would that be a better alternative?

I suppose we could try to remove faceplates on the loading screen as well, a lot of people were dropping simply on seeing higher ranks.

i dont wanna sound like an idiot, but whats the point of faceplates or ranks if noone can see it?
26 Sep 2013, 16:54 PM

Eventually it doesn't matter at all, as nearly everyone will be rank 100 anyway.
26 Sep 2013, 17:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Why not just display ladder rank?
26 Sep 2013, 17:10 PM

Why not just display ladder rank?

If people drop from seeing a rank that doesn't even relate to skill, I would think dropping would become a bigger problem if you actually showed their "skill".
26 Sep 2013, 17:12 PM

I know 3 of my close friends stopped playing simply because of seeing a drastically higher rank than them when starting. Bridger was one of them. Its needless frustration and I am glad its out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 34
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 45

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %