Login

russian armor

Magical Assault Engineer with Flamer

9 Jan 2019, 04:17 AM

Hi what to do against the US Magical Assault engineer with flamer? Who stands strong against 3 teams of opposing infantry without retreating.
9 Jan 2019, 07:52 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Hey! I'd recommend being a bit more clear in your question. Which faction are you playing as? How many players are in your game(1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4) If you'd like an even more specific answer, you can upload a replay and make a thread in the Replay Reviews Section.

In general, I'd say that there is a huge emphasis on targeting high damage squads first. As the Germans, especially Ostheer, you're going to want to have an MG42/34. Definitely use that to make those high damage squads (flamethrowers, sub machine guns, light machine guns) suppressed so they're less effective against your squads (which are typically better at longer ranges).

Also, with regards to flamethrowers, soldiers take heavier damage from flamethrowers when they are in buildings or behind heavy (green) cover. If you're fighting a blob of flamethrower infantry (or even one) it's actually better for your squads to be outside of green cover. There is actually a damage reduction from flamethrowers when your squad is standing in water, which only a few maps have.

I hope this helps!
9 Jan 2019, 12:21 PM

if you are OKW just get volks and ranged them and then mgs and as OST MG spam dont position MGs on buldings and then probably as OST flame half track or flak half track as OKW
11 Jan 2019, 03:52 AM

Hey thanks for your replies, I was playing Wermacht. Guess I got annoyed that engineers!(not soldiers) with flamers are so OP against grens. 3 teams of grens firing at a team of us assault engineers with flamers from fairly close range (not sure what cover) and two of my teams burned to death and one runs for it's life with severe scalding. Assault engineers are down to 2 men.
11 Jan 2019, 10:26 AM

Hey thanks for your replies, I was playing Wermacht. Guess I got annoyed that engineers!(not soldiers) with flamers are so OP against grens. 3 teams of grens firing at a team of us assault engineers with flamers from fairly close range (not sure what cover) and two of my teams burned to death and one runs for it's life with severe scalding. Assault engineers are down to 2 men.

You need to keep your distance if possible (obviously) and ironically you are most likely better of fighting flamers out of cover, as fire ignores cover (and often even amplifies damage) and will hit more of your men if they are clumped up behind cover (and all of your men if they are in a building).

Ass engies are very expensive to reinforce and have no vehicle snares, so try to rush for a flamer ht or 222
12 Jan 2019, 08:31 AM

Sounds like all 3 were blobbed up. AoE has no unit limit in CoH2. So if you have 12 units (3 squads x 4 models) stacked up behind one pile of cover, all 12 get equally burned. You get a lumpsum of damage from a flamer, so it does not matter, if you were on the fringe of the fire or not. 3 or 4 bursts of flame and your squad is toast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★