Login

russian armor

[2v2] Having trouble deafeat the; OKW + Wehrmacht combo

30 Dec 2018, 00:14 AM

Hello
Me and my brother have some serious trouble defeating the mentioned combo. First we tried to 2x BTF but currently i am playing the soviets and my brother btf. They seem to be op because in min. 7 we have build up our little bases, we got 2 points but they are spamming with mortars now. and the infinatires from the OKW are protecting them really hard. When i try to kill them with my light tank the tank gets instantly shutten down by grenardeers and sturmpioneers with shreks and other things. so they are bombing us and it seems we can nothing do about it. Flanking sites are always best protected too and a sniper always gets rushed down after recently our mg gets killed by a mortar. Rushing in the beginning is not a option too because their stormpioneers are deafiting everything in combination with grenardeers. and in the beginning the Wehrmacht guys seems to always purchase the mortar to kill my infanteries even in the early. if my brother tries to rush them with the UC the grenardeers always have enough ammuntion to use the fausting ability.

BTF = british forces

So what is a counter against that Combination ?
30 Dec 2018, 04:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 00:14 AMYumaa6

Hello
Me and my brother have some serious trouble defeating the mentioned combo. First we tried to 2x BTF but currently i am playing the soviets and my brother btf. They seem to be op because in min. 7 we have build up our little bases, we got 2 points but they are spamming with mortars now. and the infinatires from the OKW are protecting them really hard. When i try to kill them with my light tank the tank gets instantly shutten down by grenardeers and sturmpioneers with shreks and other things. so they are bombing us and it seems we can nothing do about it. Flanking sites are always best protected too and a sniper always gets rushed down after recently our mg gets killed by a mortar. Rushing in the beginning is not a option too because their stormpioneers are deafiting everything in combination with grenardeers. and in the beginning the Wehrmacht guys seems to always purchase the mortar to kill my infanteries even in the early. if my brother tries to rush them with the UC the grenardeers always have enough ammuntion to use the fausting ability.

BTF = british forces

So what is a counter against that Combination ?

Don't build emplacements as they are easy targets for mortars and other long range weapons. As British i advice your brother to purchase grenades early in the game to dislocate any MGs he finds on his way. You also want to have molotovs availabe as Russians for the same reason. Bunch up your troops against OKW, but against Wehrmacht make sure to spread out and attack from different directions. Plan flanks with infantry and smoke and cause as much chaos as possible. Obviously not all maps are good for flanking so you should ban the ones favoring Axis. If you have decent micro use the British sniper (or the Soviet one, they are both really good) and support your troops from behind.
30 Dec 2018, 14:25 PM

Don't build emplacements as they are easy targets for mortars and other long range weapons. As British i advice your brother to purchase grenades early in the game to dislocate any MGs he finds on his way. You also want to have molotovs availabe as Russians for the same reason. Bunch up your troops against OKW, but against Wehrmacht make sure to spread out and attack from different directions. Plan flanks with infantry and smoke and cause as much chaos as possible. Obviously not all maps are good for flanking so you should ban the ones favoring Axis. If you have decent micro use the British sniper (or the Soviet one, they are both really good) and support your troops from behind.

First thanks for the information.
We had lately a game again against okw and wehrmacht.
The Wehrmacht guy spammed osttruppen who are way more effective than my cons. Later on it came into the same situation that we couldn't push their mortars cause the okw guy supported them with volksgrenadeers. I built a scout car but it got easily shutten down by osttruppen. Do you know a effective way to play against the ostruppen. Maybe penal battalions ?
30 Dec 2018, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2018, 14:25 PMYumaa6

First thanks for the information.
We had lately a game again against okw and wehrmacht.
The Wehrmacht guy spammed osttruppen who are way more effective than my cons. Later on it came into the same situation that we couldn't push their mortars cause the okw guy supported them with volksgrenadeers. I built a scout car but it got easily shutten down by osttruppen. Do you know a effective way to play against the ostruppen. Maybe penal battalions ?

I would suggest Shock troops and T-70 but you need to be careful not to get fausted (make sure to stay out of their range). If they are playing with a lot of team weapons, Russian 120mm mortars and ZiS Anti-tank guns are great to break their lines. You can also use the SU-76
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 18
unknown 16
unknown 8
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %