Login

russian armor

To Relic concerning DCE preorder.

25 Sep 2013, 22:37 PM

I can see your point wehrwolf and I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be nice to have Relic throw those who got the DCE a bone by having some more free content, but I can understand Noun's/Relic's situation as well. It was a difficult time for the company, CoH 2 might not have come out at all, or have come out looking a lot shabbier.
26 Sep 2013, 08:37 AM
Patrion 14

I'll be honest, I don't want free content. I want an apology for being treated like a second class citizen when I've paid more than the average joe. I want to know why things have been so unclear for so long, and why SEGA felt it necessary to alter the contents of the collectors edition. Why its necessary to charge even more for these commanders over the others (right now, as is, the cost of the commanders is almost the equivalent of Brave New World for Civ V - that is very, very expensive). Why CE's have been undercut with a 33% sale, and by giving the CE content away for free with preorders.

All these are questions that need to be answered.

I certainly won't be buying another CE from Relic/SEGA until they get their shit sorted out. This promise that the content is at "a significant discount" has not once been proven true. And that is what I find upsetting most of all.
26 Sep 2013, 10:57 AM

Stonethecrow I understand Relic was going through a tough patch. I just wish they had said at the time "disclaimer- the commanders,skins & tow pack free with preorders will be taken from the DCE".

The fact of the matter is Standard edition preorders recieved a bonus for doing so & DCE preorders didn't. It can be dressed up any way you like but this is the cold hard truth of the matter.

All I can do is voice my opinion on the matter, I'm fully aware I wont recieve anything Noun was kind enough to come in & say as much but as I know they were seeing my views I can hope they went back to Sega & said "hey guys this is what your policy has done, those who preordered our DCE are the ones you alienated".

If my words have reached the policy makers ears then I've done what I set out to.

*edit fixed errors*
26 Sep 2013, 13:35 PM
Donator 11

I have to agree with Wehrwolf that the fact that CE content has 'run-out' just short of the new commanders is a little disappointing - i like some here watched the stream and left with the impression that these were my 5 final commanders, and I was fairly happy with that. Technically I have been given another - rehashes of the ones I have of which maybe 1-2 are a useful remix of those abilites.

The original THQ CE cost me £70 which I happily I happily bought as I felt I owed Relic for 6 years of COH play in exchange for about £50 of game and expansions. The basic COH2 game was available a few weeks after launch for as little as £20 so this is a significant premium and I thought that apart from helping the developer launch the game (and survive) it would shield me from DLC shenanigans for a reasonable window.

I did of course get other value - copies of COH1 (my third copy perhaps- ALL of my friends own this £10 game) a copy of DOW2 - my only exclusive as a THQ CE pre-order - a game I already have.

Skins - yes lots of them but I can only use one at once! and whilst nice to have the set I probably would never actually buy all of them separately (I bought the CE to not have to care about this)

so for me apart from a few skins I wont use much and handful more commander 're-mixes' there is little to show for the £30 extra I paid.

I fully accept that I will need to and should put more money into this game to support it post launch and I would be happy to do so but two aspects of this have 'grated' on me a little

1) The new commanders released the same day as my final "free" content but which I don't get - couldn't they at least have had the decency to release a bit later so it was clear that I wouldn't and it didn't seem quite so nakedly cynical

2) Whilst I have been quite forgiving on this I have a slight sense that I haven't had all the original stuff i paid for and now they are asking me to cough up some more cash. Still no sign of proper leaderboards, input lag and game connections COULD be better, Replays system might be a little updated perhaps to justify the AAA+ price tag of £70?

I expect I will buy the new commanders and continue to buy stuff that comes out but I will feel a little less of that purchasing 'glow' than I might have done. Couldn't we at least have a modest discount bundle for the whole set as suggested elsewhere - I know they are 33% till october but that just feels like the salesman in your living room saying "buy today sir - I can only give you this offer the once"
26 Sep 2013, 14:43 PM

Thankyou for your hard work Noun, you are doing a good job just by being here and communicating with the at times difficult community.

The community wants to spend money on the game. They want to spend it in a way that efficiently guarantee's them the new commanders. There was a lot of ill will generated in this competitive community as people thought the collectors edition entitled them to more goods directly associated with CoH2 multiplayer. I think having a singular product like a "Premium pack", "Command Pass" or "All future commanders DLC upgrade package" at a fair price would go towards alleviating some of the tensions caused by not knowing how much money will need to be spent to ensure we have access to all the commanders made for CoH2. If that option does not sound good, even including them in medium size permanently discounted bundles would take some of the pressure off.

The ideal situation, is very rare random drops of commanders and skins that the community could trade. Don't forget some of the basics of human psychology, if someone "believes" they have been given something they will want to give something back! This is sadly also why the free CodeBlue theatre of war giveaway has not been generating good will in the community as these multiplayer only focused players do not believe they have been given something they value.
27 Sep 2013, 11:50 AM

Thanks for answering this publicly Noun!
Still not pleased with my CE. Had I known about your future plans I would not have bought the CE and rather purchased just the commanders. Mabye consider increasing cost of CE by 5 euro and then make it like Battlefields Premium and youll get all the content.
27 Sep 2013, 15:20 PM
Patrion 14

I feel ripped-off and apologies are cheap.

I shouldn't have pre-ordered or bought the CE. Promises to the future mean nothing.

Trust is hard won but easily lost - Relic has lost mine.
27 Sep 2013, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 19:17 PMNoun

• Company of Heroes Collection Pack – all the goodness of classic Company of Heroes, COH: Opposing Fronts, and COH: Tales of Valor. For those of you who already own these, the Steam keys can be gifted.

Recently you said they couldn't be gifted, i'm confused on this point.
27 Sep 2013, 17:43 PM

Company of Heroes was a game that set industry standards. It had top of the line graphics, sound effects and gameplay. This was my reason for purchasing the digital collectors edition. Also every Relic game I have played never failed to disappoint except for CoH 2. Poor optimization, many pointless and senseless changes that were made. They failed to listen to the fans. I don't think anyone wanted the current commander system. Company of Heroes 2 is one step forward three steps backwards. I feel very ripped off. The current state of the game warrants a $5 steam sale purchase not the $100 I spent.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★