25 Sep 2013, 13:19 PM

No Warning

Kills Entire Squads or at minimum leaves one guy

It explodes the second your guys touch the outer circle of the point

Fix it.
25 Sep 2013, 13:50 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Don't let me close this one too please, I edited your first post to make it at least decent. Thanks.
25 Sep 2013, 14:04 PM

the problem is, those commanders are to imbalanced, they have good and better doctrinal powers than the old commanders, and the olders cant beat the newest( ok they can , but one error in your micro gg). its a shame, buy a legal cheat for an easy win.

ok you gonna says me l2p, ok! but! its only too hard counter it if you dont have the newest commanders.

i dont understand why relic do this!

PD: sorry for my english.. u.u
25 Sep 2013, 14:15 PM

i dont understand why relic do this!

It's called "Pay 2 Win."
25 Sep 2013, 14:19 PM

It's called "Pay 2 Win."

Dito.

The new commanders you get for free are average. The really good ones cost you money.

I payed 50 € for this game and I´m put at a disadvantage, because someone else payed more. If the basic game was for free I could understand that attitude, but right now I feel a bit fooled.
25 Sep 2013, 14:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

the problem is, those commanders are to imbalanced, they have good and better doctrinal powers than the old commanders, and the olders cant beat the newest( ok they can , but one error in your micro gg). its a shame, buy a legal cheat for an easy win.

ok you gonna says me l2p, ok! but! its only too hard counter it if you dont have the newest commanders.

L2P2W
Just joking! I think it's too early to say that any of these gives an unbeatable advantage.
Also, booby traps are detectable by mine sweepers, can be destroyed by small arms fire, cost 100 munitions, and are cancelled (non-refundable) if an enemy squad starts capturing the point before the trap is fully set. Does anyone know if you have to have the trap detected before it can be shot, or can you use Attack Move/Attack Ground on the point first?
25 Sep 2013, 14:33 PM

L2P2W
Just joking! I think it's too early to say that any of these gives an unbeatable advantage.
Also, booby traps are detectable by mine sweepers, can be destroyed by small arms fire, cost 100 munitions, and are cancelled (non-refundable) if an enemy squad starts capturing the point before the trap is fully set. Does anyone know if you have to have the trap detected before it can be shot, or can you use Attack Move/Attack Ground on the point first?

Am I wrong to think that an ability with these limitations and these costs should be ABLE to kill a squad? Heck, it isn't even a guaranteed kill if it might leave one model alive.

Compare that to 50 muni Commando Demo charge or PE traps from COH1 and this is downright reasonable. Or to the 125 muni cloaking and maneuverable Goliath.
25 Sep 2013, 15:11 PM

Dito.

The new commanders you get for free are average. The really good ones cost you money.

I payed 50 € for this game and I´m put at a disadvantage, because someone else payed more. If the basic game was for free I could understand that attitude, but right now I feel a bit fooled.

i payed $100 and i am at the same disadvantage i feel worse. so much for COLECTOR.

on a side note. you pretty much knows you will get boobie traps if you see rusians with a foward house. i doo kind of like that you have to build minesweeper pioneers.

on a side side note.

this pay to win stuff kind of reminds me of games workshop. new codexes are allways more powerfull than the rest. this just makes people buy new minis. i bet they learnt that when they had talks with GW about dawn of war. its allways the bad stuff that rubss in.
25 Sep 2013, 15:38 PM

Can you guys please have the P2W discussion on another thread, like the P2W discussion one? You are derailing every single thread with it...

I just want to know if that ability is strong, too strong, how it works and possible solutions to avoid/counter it. It should be balanced like every other ability in the game and if it is indeed too hard to counter because it is too powerful/cheap, then I'm sure it'll be balanced in due time.

It being available only for money is a completely other matter. It may seem like it is connected but there are already plenty of threads about the payment issue.
25 Sep 2013, 23:10 PM

lol really?
It costs 100 muni.
Things that cost less or the same muni and do similar/the same:
The precision strikes on 152mm and Katyusha
A grenade or two, a satchel.
A demo charge
Several mines
26 Sep 2013, 01:17 AM

You could get 3 Mines which have the tendency to wipe out squads too. (or almost).
26 Sep 2013, 01:24 AM

it should not trigger if a pioneer squad with minesweepers caps it first, but other than that
i think it needs to be more powerful.
26 Sep 2013, 01:44 AM

it should not trigger if a pioneer squad with minesweepers caps it first, but other than that
i think it needs to be more powerful.

so kill full squads?

because soviets never float munitions right
26 Sep 2013, 06:39 AM

26 Sep 2013, 06:43 AM

so kill full squads?

because soviets never float munitions right

Soviets have access to this thing called demolition charge that does exactly the same thing much better while allowing the player to choose when to demolish it, for 90 munitions.

So yes, if it was reliably removeable by sweepers (which it should be) it really should be more powerful in terms of denying access to the point (rather than being a mine with a slightly larger aoe like it is now).
26 Sep 2013, 06:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Can minesweeprs detect?

The devs said in their livestream that it is detectable by minesweepers. If you play a game where your minesweepers don't detect the trap, you should send it to Relic because that would be a bug, most likely.
26 Sep 2013, 07:03 AM

what happen to booby traps if ur troops in a 250 HT or 251 HT will it blow up those cars too?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS