Login

russian armor

Why has Relic given up on Modding?

13 Dec 2018, 08:53 AM

This game could have so much more potential than the age it already is currently at. If only they actually released full modding support and unlock all modding functionalities..

Is there a reason why Relic gave up on fully improving the Mod Tools? Not a hate thread, I just want closure.
13 Dec 2018, 14:23 PM
Modmaker Badge

I think the primary reason is to protect his product.
My personal opinion about this matter is, Relic dont know how to work with modders like other games. I am sure if some smart in the company find a way, all of us will be benefit by a full mod support.
Most of the modders like me not persuit money, we do this for the love of the game and WW2. We spend endless hours behind the tool just for the fun to do it.
I never lose the hope, and I will continue my modding work, waiting for the time we could have a better tool.

Regards
Olhausen
14 Dec 2018, 10:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Send an email to relic and ask why. I'd do it myself but im a bit too lazy. I'd be good to know the exact reason, and hell, if they respond you'd be a hero.

Also; to Olhausen. The tool is fine, the capabilities are all there, its just that certain file-types are locked off and not loaded by the game, or are blocked from being packed by the builder itself.
15 Dec 2018, 00:19 AM
Modmaker Badge

Hi Lugie, the tool has a lot of potential. Is possible to create really good stuff using your creativity.

I know there are elements blocked but there is two things that I am really waitinig for:
a. Add skins for infantry. Not necesarily change the 3D model but at least to change the skin like in the vehicles.
b. Obviously the addition of 3D models

In the hipotetical case I write a mail, where I need to address.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★