Login

russian armor

2v2 vs Advanced emplacements as wehr.

13 Dec 2018, 06:14 AM

Can't beat advanced emplacements doc (as wehr), where did I go wrong? Review is up. I am harmacist in the review.

Could anyone show me the errors of my ways please?

https://www.coh2.org/replay/84566/advanced-emplacement-cancer
13 Dec 2018, 21:01 PM

I'm not super high level at Wehr (though I also dropped 150 ranks yesterday due to messing around after the patch, and my awful internet causing a few drops) but I do have a couple tips.

In early game, you relied a lot on straight up infantry to infantry engagements. I wouldn't say 3 grens plus a storm is a good build against Brits, especially when fighting out in the open; the Brit kept his Tommies in cover and thus they'll always beat grens. T1 mortar is always super effective here. Sniper can also bleed brits super hard. You use Riflenade to win the day, which is fine, but best not to rely on them as they're expensive, reduce DPS while firing, and can be dodged.

OK, you lost map control to go help the other player, that's when he gets the Bofors up. Can't say you did anything wrong there. You upgraded your grens to 5-man, which on paper is going to help, but now he also has 5 man Tommies, so still not the ideal counter.

12 ~ 15 minutes is when he gradually gets the simcity up. But, during this time, you now had FOUR Gren squads literally stationary doing nothing for several minutes...?? You're rushing a Panther, but completely ignoring all the other tools you could have used in the meantime to take out the Bofors, e.g. Mortar, Pak, Flame HT, Storm flame nade or shrecks... they don't work one by one but in combination, if you could have got the thing to brace and take it out, you win here. (Hans has a good video on this, if you haven't seen it done before.)

15 minutes - Now he has a Mortar, a 6 pdr, and a 17 pdr on top of the bofors, the Panther can't do anything - the only tools now are heavy arty or call-ins.

20 minutes - you and your teammate are both charging in tanks one by one, and losing them (brand new shiny brumbar gets one shot off). You're using the storms for recon though which is nice though. Your teammate has TWO panzerwerfers, which he using to target individual squads of tommies instead of the simcity.

22 minutes - Grenadiers are again doing nothing. I know the mortar is going to bleed you, but at least push the mid VP. Finally you get a couple mortars out, but then you sit them around for a minute, then put them right next to each other and start firing. At least it's good that you put them behind green cover, but they're going to both get shelled at the same time by the counter-fire, which is what happens. You also have Frag Bomb call-in and the munitions to use it now, and you could get line-of-sight from the Storms... at this stage a couple of mortars alone are not going to cut it. I think you realize this as you do nothing with the mortars for a while, then set them up right on top of each other and start firing again, only to get counter-barraged again...

26 minutes - He has three forward HQs (lol). He clearly has no plans to push anywhere else on the map. You use the frag bomb, but by itself, without mortars or ground support. That means he's just going to brace and repair in 30 seconds.

28 minutes - your teammate brings 3 pwerfers in to fire at the same time, bad luck that the american player was doing a big push at the same time and interrupts it, killing one pwerfer. At least you take the mid VP.

31 minutes; rush with nothing but 2 tanks and lose them. 35 minutes; he dives your base with comets and kills 4 pwerfers. 40 minutes; your teammate builds 4 AT guns and loses them all... I'm going to stop watching at this point.

TLDR; You need combined arms, and/or coordination with your teammate. I don't mean to sound harsh above because I know you can get stressed in game against such a cheesy tactic, and you had the right ideas, but you just didn't coordinate at all. Even when facing e.g. Bofors + 6Pdr, it's easy to kill but you have to combine multiple tools. For a sim city this big, a tank or two, a Frag bomb, two mortars, two pwerfers, or a ground push, are all good tools, but sent in one by one they are just not going to cut it, rather they just provide food for his sim city.

All you had to do was just two or three of those things at the same time, and you would have had him :)
14 Dec 2018, 06:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2018, 21:01 PMEuan
I'm not super high level at Wehr (though I also dropped 150 ranks yesterday due to messing around after the patch, and my awful internet causing a few drops) but I do have a couple tips.

In early game, you relied a lot on straight up infantry to infantry engagements. I wouldn't say 3 grens plus a storm is a good build against Brits, especially when fighting out in the open; the Brit kept his Tommies in cover and thus they'll always beat grens. T1 mortar is always super effective here. Sniper can also bleed brits super hard. You use Riflenade to win the day, which is fine, but best not to rely on them as they're expensive, reduce DPS while firing, and can be dodged.

OK, you lost map control to go help the other player, that's when he gets the Bofors up. Can't say you did anything wrong there. You upgraded your grens to 5-man, which on paper is going to help, but now he also has 5 man Tommies, so still not the ideal counter.

12 ~ 15 minutes is when he gradually gets the simcity up. But, during this time, you now had FOUR Gren squads literally stationary doing nothing for several minutes...?? You're rushing a Panther, but completely ignoring all the other tools you could have used in the meantime to take out the Bofors, e.g. Mortar, Pak, Flame HT, Storm flame nade or shrecks... they don't work one by one but in combination, if you could have got the thing to brace and take it out, you win here. (Hans has a good video on this, if you haven't seen it done before.)

15 minutes - Now he has a Mortar, a 6 pdr, and a 17 pdr on top of the bofors, the Panther can't do anything - the only tools now are heavy arty or call-ins.

20 minutes - you and your teammate are both charging in tanks one by one, and losing them (brand new shiny brumbar gets one shot off). You're using the storms for recon though which is nice though. Your teammate has TWO panzerwerfers, which he using to target individual squads of tommies instead of the simcity.

22 minutes - Grenadiers are again doing nothing. I know the mortar is going to bleed you, but at least push the mid VP. Finally you get a couple mortars out, but then you sit them around for a minute, then put them right next to each other and start firing. At least it's good that you put them behind green cover, but they're going to both get shelled at the same time by the counter-fire, which is what happens. You also have Frag Bomb call-in and the munitions to use it now, and you could get line-of-sight from the Storms... at this stage a couple of mortars alone are not going to cut it. I think you realize this as you do nothing with the mortars for a while, then set them up right on top of each other and start firing again, only to get counter-barraged again...

26 minutes - He has three forward HQs (lol). He clearly has no plans to push anywhere else on the map. You use the frag bomb, but by itself, without mortars or ground support. That means he's just going to brace and repair in 30 seconds.

28 minutes - your teammate brings 3 pwerfers in to fire at the same time, bad luck that the american player was doing a big push at the same time and interrupts it, killing one pwerfer. At least you take the mid VP.

31 minutes; rush with nothing but 2 tanks and lose them. 35 minutes; he dives your base with comets and kills 4 pwerfers. 40 minutes; your teammate builds 4 AT guns and loses them all... I'm going to stop watching at this point.

TLDR; You need combined arms, and/or coordination with your teammate. I don't mean to sound harsh above because I know you can get stressed in game against such a cheesy tactic, and you had the right ideas, but you just didn't coordinate at all. Even when facing e.g. Bofors + 6Pdr, it's easy to kill but you have to combine multiple tools. For a sim city this big, a tank or two, a Frag bomb, two mortars, two pwerfers, or a ground push, are all good tools, but sent in one by one they are just not going to cut it, rather they just provide food for his sim city.

All you had to do was just two or three of those things at the same time, and you would have had him :)

Thank you for such a thoughtful response.

I did actually make two mortars, but they kept getting wiped faster than I could chew through the emplacements.

My team-mate was also a random, who was not big on communication.

Also, I only lost the brummbar after firing one shot, as I didn't know he had the AT emplacement up :(

Again, thanks for your input, really helpful!
14 Dec 2018, 11:54 AM

You're welcome :D

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 06:36 AMNaOCl
Also, I only lost the brummbar after firing one shot, as I didn't know he had the AT emplacement up :(

Ah that makes sense, unlucky!

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2018, 06:36 AMNaOCl
I did actually make two mortars, but they kept getting wiped faster than I could chew through the emplacements.

My team-mate was also a random, who was not big on communication.

Yeah your team-mate was unfortunately not really being that helpful. Still I think if you'd combined your own two mortars opening fire, with a Frag Bomb, you'd have wiped a building or two, then can send the panther + infantry in to mop up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
France 28

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment