Login

russian armor

help for a new playing in the OKW vs SU matchup

11 Dec 2018, 21:23 PM

Hello im a newbie who recently started playing CoH2 multiplayer. So far been having fun and the most success as OKW i love their resilience and late game power however ive recently started dreading the vs SU matchup and ive got no idea how to win. When i lose i feel as though i lost to spam and cant pinpoint where i went wrong whereas when i win i feel like it was pure luck or the oponent didint know what hes doing.

Now i have read the posts about okw vs Soviet but i cant even get to the point where i can use flak half-tracks because i either get overrun or get bogged down but soviet arty.

Btw this i my usual build order (could use help here too)
Early volk - volk - volk -Battlegroup Headquarters (usually for the support arty) - MG (for anti infantry support) OR a rakketenwaffer
Mid pioneer panzerfaust upgrade - Mechanized Regiment HQ - luchs
Late Schwerer Panzer Headquarters - 1/2 obers (either mg 42 or stg with infra) - either jagd or panther if i can afford it

and assistance would be appreciated since on several occations i really wanted to give up on multi since i cant seem to understand what i should do to improve
11 Dec 2018, 22:11 PM

Someone good will answer this soon. But to get you started:
Generically you should build BattleGroup or Mechanized. Not both. If you have an OKW team mate build the opposite that they build.

If your team mate is not overly helpful and you will be fighting alone, make whichever one you play the best with. Making both will make your tanks come out too late.

For example: My vehicle play is bad, so I may go Battlegroup and just try to hold ground with MGs and Raks. Make a Flak Halftrack for support and late game Anit-Air.

It also depends on the enemy. Lots of MGs, AT, and mortars, go Mechanized and get a stukka. Lots of MGs and Mortars but weak/absent AT, maybe make a Luchs and try to chase them off. If your vehicle play is weak, make an ISG and maybe smoke and over run the MGs.

SU has many possible builds early game so you will have to adjust on the fly to what you see on the field.

On smaller/tighter maps, making two sturms is a good idea and try to pair them up for shock value. But they are expensive to reman so dont throw them away.

Larger maps maybe a Kubel so you can cap/tech as fast as possible. Getting to light vehicles fast may help against strong infantry builds.
11 Dec 2018, 23:00 PM

On my side, I would propose that you drop this idea of having a usual build.

3 volks into tier 1 is not always a good choice, specially against SU penals and USF Riflemen.

it is 99.99% incorrect choice to upgrade the Sturms with the shrecks, since you loose on sweeping, faster repairs, anti infantry dps. the 70 Munis can be used in better things like 2 Mines or STG upgrade to 1 Volk.

It is also not always good to go for both tier 1 and tier 2 before you get your first tank. Dont forget also that an early Tier 3 will help you lock down a section of the map, just dont go creazy with it and prepare an emergency plan per map to save it if it comes under siege.

Going Jadg or panther should not be automatic, Jadg is good only on few maps or if you are up against tank destroyer spam, Panther is useful against heavy tanks. The OKW P4 is a much better tank if you can get it somewhere before 15 minutes mark, due to its superb armor.
11 Dec 2018, 23:34 PM

thanks for the advice both of you i do appreciate it one more thing ive forgotten to mention ive read that if an opponent swarms a point just leave it to recapture later but ive tried that and i end up losing hard due to my opponent fortifying the hell out of his position or suporting the point faster than i can attack how should i deal with this
12 Dec 2018, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2018, 23:34 PMAqua
thanks for the advice both of you i do appreciate it one more thing ive forgotten to mention ive read that if an opponent swarms a point just leave it to recapture later but ive tried that and i end up losing hard due to my opponent fortifying the hell out of his position or suporting the point faster than i can attack how should i deal with this

Generically you don't want to lose more units than your enemy.

But in reality, this depends on what mode you are playing:
1v1: Never lose units. Ever. Or you lose.

2v2: Better to not lose units so just back away. Soft retreat and hold a line if you can. There are usually 3 VPs. Leave and help your team mate and/or lock down the other VP. You can 2v1 his side then come back later.

3v3: Always just leave. The maps are huge so you can always team up and over run a point later.

4v4: Maps are small for the number of people playing. So giving up too much ground can be an issue. But again, dont lose your whole army just to save a point. The only time to stay too long is if your team mate is coming to help you. Lower skill 4v4 is more forgiving if you lose some units.

Most successful team games have a meta where you push the fuels. If you dont get your fuel, move to the center VP and lock it down. Then you should have 1 fuel and 2 VPs. Sometimes in a 2v2 or 3v3, you can push 1 fuel and center VP at the start. Depends on the map layout.

What game mode are you focusing on? You state multiplayer. This will help the better players here come up with a plan for you.

In team games the most important thing is to help your team mate and cover each others flanks. This means mines, repairs, healing, etc. Just be warned, your team mates will not usually do anything for you and will complain about what you do to take the blame from themselves for losing. Be comfortable you are doing what is right and they are noobs :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★