Login

russian armor

Mechanized Assault big impact early game?

26 Sep 2013, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 13:13 PMNullist

All light vehicles are vulnerable to small arms.

More or less... the new ostheer halftrack actually is very well armored against small arms fire. Maybe a bit too much?

Are there any stats out yet, regarding the newly implemented units?
26 Sep 2013, 13:29 PM
Benefactor 115

I would leave them at 0CP and nerf them appropriately, could be anything from damage reduction/survivabilty/cooldown/price.
moving them to different CPs will just make them overlap existing units
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 13:20 PMDerBaer
Are there any stats out yet, regarding the newly implemented units?

no, the relevant game files can't now be opened with the usual tools.

26 Sep 2013, 13:39 PM

Just increase the manpower cost would be fine should be 360mp per asgren. Yes they are valuable early game and dangerous to conscripts, for me the maxim 1910 has been the best control of these mass spam units not the m3 as it goes down too quickly, maybe buff the m3 back up to its original health before it got nerfed and we got a even game.
26 Sep 2013, 14:27 PM

ok. I'm going to be the crazy guy who will get tons of grieft and called a noob. Ready?

Maybe the x3 conscript-molotov start isn't a good/optimal start against Mech Assault commander ...

*GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP* SOVIETS LOSE MAP CONTROL? NOWAYZ!

Don't forget you can build T1 or T2 right out the gate.

But i'm that weird and crazy guy, so don't listen to me :).

26 Sep 2013, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 13:39 PMpgmoney
Just increase the manpower cost would be fine should be 360mp per asgren. Yes they are valuable early game and dangerous to conscripts, for me the maxim 1910 has been the best control of these mass spam units not the m3 as it goes down too quickly, maybe buff the m3 back up to its original health before it got nerfed and we got a even game.

Question.

How are you using maxims to make them work? How many are you using and are you able to cover enough of the map with them?

I haven't tried tier 2 against the AGrens yet, but I fear that by the time you pump them out, you won't have any of the map.

Are you opening with the Tier 2? Seems risky because who knows if they even have AGrens yet.
26 Sep 2013, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 14:27 PMKingAnj
ok. I'm going to be the crazy guy who will get tons of grieft and called a noob. Ready?

Maybe the x3 conscript-molotov start isn't a good/optimal start against Mech Assault commander ...

*GASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP* SOVIETS LOSE MAP CONTROL? NOWAYZ!

Don't forget you can build T1 or T2 right out the gate.

But i'm that weird and crazy guy, so don't listen to me :).

yes we can, and if we do we risk him NOT going to go ahead with his magic doctrine - making us give the map up and having us forced to stick with otherwise not so grand T1 - and then T4 as a consequence since T1 practically forces its use. then we can sit in our base and wonder what the grand german thinker will choose out of his 30+ ways to play the game vs this setup.

for this to work the soviet buildings would need to be constructed as quickly as the german ones are.
26 Sep 2013, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 14:48 PMZiplon

for this to work the soviet buildings would need to be constructed as quickly as the german ones are.

nuff said
26 Sep 2013, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 14:48 PMZiplon

That would actually be an interesting way to balance the situation. Sounds good to me!
26 Sep 2013, 16:12 PM

Ziplon wrote:

nuff said

Hmmm, i actually like that... Soviet buildings do cost more than German ones and could even get a SLIGHT increase if the building time is reduced.
That would give Russians "options" when fighting 0CP commanders.

Hell that would make T1-T2-T3 Viable, as i feel Soviets (right before tuesday's patch) needed to go T1-T3-T2 to be "the best overall army"/ what you need to have at 25min+ mark.
26 Sep 2013, 18:21 PM

New patch changing AGs to 200mp 50 mun seems like it'll work.
26 Sep 2013, 22:49 PM

50 muni off the bat?? That's ridiculous. The commander should allow just normal Grens to be upgraded with MP40's at 0CP at the cost of 50 munitions per squad. They should also make them 280MP and 5 man squads anyway.
27 Sep 2013, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2013, 18:21 PMlink0
New patch changing AGs to 200mp 50 mun seems like it'll work.

yes it will work no one will buy AGs from now on that is what gonna happen
27 Sep 2013, 00:16 AM

Why not make them a 240mp, 0cp unit that comes stock with k98s but has a 50 muni mp40 upgrade ?
27 Sep 2013, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 00:16 AMEnkidu
Why not make them a 240mp, 0cp unit that comes stock with k98s but has a 50 muni mp40 upgrade ?

thats what i said at the other forums. makes the most sense to me. next thing on the soviet fangirl's list is ostruppen now that they are fixed. they will be 200 mp and 100 muni.
27 Sep 2013, 02:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 00:16 AMEnkidu

i don't like the idea, i think back in beta that is what shock trooper is, it cost 360mp then need 120MU to upgrade, then they change it to cost 600MP and no one using it and now 440MP which is about just right for Shock trooper. still 50MU upgrade mp40 is not effective than upgrade to LMG42 for gren. i think 300MP is reasonable cost for Agren anything more than that is over price
27 Sep 2013, 02:34 AM

As far as I can tell, the reason they don't want assault grens to come with kar98s and have to upgrade for 50munis to get mp40s is that it'd make them very similar to grenadiers... just better, which would, on some level, render grens obsolete. Furthermore, they are supposed to be assault grens, and so it only makes sense that they come equipped with assault weaponry. On the other hand, I'd like to see their nades changed a bit to make them more interesting. Perhaps, make it so that their assault nades "stun units" so that they can no longer shoot but still move at slightly reduced speed. This would complement their role pretty well, as it'd allow the assault grens to close in.
27 Sep 2013, 02:45 AM

can we call then 'assgrens' please

please

what about if the doctrine made it so all gren squads were equipped with mp40's, and no particular unit called 'assault gren' but merely grens armed with mp40s. as soon as you pick the doctrine you can't build anything EXCEPT for mp40 armed grens, that way it has so bad sides: ie you can't have long range basic infantry anymore
27 Sep 2013, 03:45 AM

As far as I can tell, the reason they don't want assault grens to come with kar98s and have to upgrade for 50munis to get mp40s is that it'd make them very similar to grenadiers... just better, which would, on some level, render grens obsolete. Furthermore, they are supposed to be assault grens, and so it only makes sense that they come equipped with assault weaponry. On the other hand, I'd like to see their nades changed a bit to make them more interesting. Perhaps, make it so that their assault nades "stun units" so that they can no longer shoot but still move at slightly reduced speed. This would complement their role pretty well, as it'd allow the assault grens to close in.

I disagree. Assgrens don't have rifle nades and they don't have fausts. Not having fausts is a big deal against t1 and later with the transition to armor. If you completely replace grens with assgrens, you get leave yourself open to vehicles. Seems like a balanced choice.
27 Sep 2013, 04:09 AM

So when soviets were using the clown car cheese, it was so bad that all Ostheer players wanted the the M3 to be nerfed.

Now, Ostheer gets Assgrens and all of a sudden, it's the counter against that and totally fine. I always hated the clown car start, but now I pretty much have to go for that build. Seriously, what the hell? At least Ostheer has to sacrifice valuable munitions to get them now...
27 Sep 2013, 04:20 AM

make them like volks. 240 manpower. except leader gets g43 and squad gets k98. with the upgrade option for 50 muni to get mp40's and leader gets stg44.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6
Germany 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment