Login

russian armor

Mechanized Assault big impact early game?

25 Sep 2013, 12:33 PM

I haven't played the new patch yet, nor have I played against this doctrine. Do these assault grens get fausts?
25 Sep 2013, 12:35 PM
Benefactor 115

I haven't played the new patch yet, nor have I played against this doctrine. Do these assault grens get fausts?

no they only have 60muni mega multiple nades (satchel like area with less damage)
25 Sep 2013, 12:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 12:35 PMtuvok

no they only have 60muni mega multiple nades (satchel like area with less damage)

Uh, so then if they spam these guys, a flaming clown car will eat their lunch.
25 Sep 2013, 13:15 PM
Donator 11

my main complain about these new punchable only commanders, you can't test strats unless you buy them.
25 Sep 2013, 13:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Quick tech to T2 and Armored Cars would deal with that plenty well, I think.

I played a couple games against a guy who built no T1 or T2 building at all- just spamming AGrens everywhere. Conscripts in cover double teaming the first Agren tends to help. Building abuse works as well- 60 munitions for the grenade is very costly. Word of warning- it isn't like the Assault Grenades of CoH1- all the grenades are thrown almost simultaneously, and it wipes squads in buildings if you don't keep a close eye on them.
Maxims work well, and T34s wipe the floor with Stugs. I'm not looking forward to facing the first person who AGren spams into flamer halftrack and scout cars though.
25 Sep 2013, 13:35 PM
Benefactor 115

three (maybe even two) squads can kill the M3 with small arms fire dmg quite quickly tho
25 Sep 2013, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 13:35 PMtuvok

three (maybe even two) squads can kill the M3 with small arms fire dmg quite quickly tho

3? I wouldn't call that a counter, or an issue.
25 Sep 2013, 14:41 PM

Did everyone forget that Germans have this thing called an upgunned Armored Car or something?

I don't understand how this Doctrine can possibly lose if combined with a T2 rush.
25 Sep 2013, 16:34 PM

Most German players get Scout Cars anyway. It's not like you have to deviate from the "standard" build very much. I'd much rather face no fausts and a SC than fausts and a SC. But time will tell. It's shameless speculation on my part.
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 16:44 PM
Patrion 14

I think unless your opponent goes for a clown car, you don't have to build any tiers if you don't want.

AGrens give you enough anti inf power to compete early game - their only real threat is clown car with flamer, the 5 man squad and rapid damage means snipers are shagged.

If your opponent goes for a fast T34 then you should follow the standard. But i think this doctrine means you can 'float' in the way that although you can tech up, you are given the option (through call ins) not to build a particular tier building at all.

using the Agrens you can rack up enough CP's early and can have a stug out that causes havok to infantry (a little too much IMO) that means you are given the option to either A, tech T3/T4 if you suspect armour is coming or B, hold out for the Tiger (maybe using Paks or grens as a stop-gap.

I just won a game without going past T2 (although I did the teching, I just didnt build the buildings) the guy spammed KV1s and my tiger destroyed them with anti-inf backup from the stug. All in all I'd say the damage on some of this commanders units need tweaking, but it's meant to be a mechanised commander - in which I think design wise it succeeds.
25 Sep 2013, 17:28 PM

i really hate how the germans can call in super cheat ostruppen units for 120 mp cannon fodder german allies, that consistently out cap the soviets. aren't soviets the ones that's supposed to outcap the germans?
Hux
25 Sep 2013, 17:31 PM
Patrion 14

it's my view that if you're calling in:
super cheat ostruppen units for 120 mp cannon fodder german allies,

(whatever the fuck that means)

then you're clearly not gunna be spending money on decent units. In which case, even if the soviets don't outcap the Ostheer, they'll certainly be outfighting them.
25 Sep 2013, 17:42 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Replay pack incoming, just waiting till our replay system is up again :P
25 Sep 2013, 19:42 PM

Yup, my fears are true. Just played 3 game, first two immediately raged quited after being pushed completely off the field in the first two minutes. The last guy who stuck around got a M3, but if you skip T1 you can easily have a scout car out to counter it.

Also something else a lot of people are probably missing. They are available immediately! Which means no build time and can hit the field well before the first conscript.

This needs to be fixed immediately. Probably be pushed backed to 1 CP so soviets can have an actual army by the time they roll onto the field.

For soviet players: Get to know this commanders face. If you see it build T1 ASAP. It is the only way to stay on the field.
25 Sep 2013, 21:53 PM

And quick tip for germans: Equip the osttrup commander along with the mechanized assault one, and throw dice to decide which you go with. If your opponent goes scout cars with flamers he's fucked against osttrup capping the entire map (flamers/snipers ain't scary with 120mp squads that all have faust), and if he goes conscripts he's fucked against assgrens.
25 Sep 2013, 22:06 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 12:29 PMilumzar
Hans, theres some maps which DO NOT have any buildings around key areas. I got pwnd on MINSK at my own fuel where theres absolutely no buildings around. even keeping the distance is hard, when theres 3 on 3 squads as they were flanking me in my yellow cover.

Could always untick those maps with no buildings on :). But seriously just play smart with m3s and you'll do fine.
25 Sep 2013, 22:20 PM

So the variety of tactics in this game resumes to just one tactic...M3's,seriously??And for those who don't use M3's?
Anyone tried Shock Troops vs AssaultGrens?
25 Sep 2013, 22:25 PM

Shocks rape at CP1, but by then manpower and map control is heavily in favour of the germans. I suck at micro-ing the M3 and was really stoked after the mg nerf that I dont have to play burnout paradise in COH2 anymore...
25 Sep 2013, 22:26 PM

Anyone tried Shock Troops vs AssaultGrens?

They do fine, PGs are stronger than AssGrens. But the thing is that you'd need to actually get 1cp while not spending much manpower to get several squads of them out, if you only have one the german player might as well just keep avoiding it while he's going for that sweet 8 minute ostwind. Also most players seem to opt to go for several scout cars after their assgrens to force you to go guards...

Basically 0cp is retarded for these guys as well as Osttrup. Change back to 1cp and the problem pretty much disappears.
25 Sep 2013, 22:31 PM

So is it something like this?
Conscripts<AssaultGrens<PanzerGrens<Shock Troops
I think I understand the need for a better infantry squad for the Germans early game,but weren't Grenadiers a viable solution against Conscripts?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 12
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak