Login

russian armor

Soviets 2v2 - Feedback Request

30 Nov 2018, 09:30 AM

Looking for feedback to see what areas i can start to improve on.
I won this game but i have not been playing well with Soviets in generally and struggle compared to my UKF or OKW.

Cheers
30 Nov 2018, 10:49 AM

I think a lot of games for soviets boil down how your early game goes against both OKW or OST. You should try both the usual tactics of going conscript&maxim build or penals, clown car + sniper. Map + which faction is against you should usually decide which early plan you go with.

Most used is the penals as they are strong, but conscript + maxim doesn't bleed you in manpower that badly if things go wrong compared to Penals.
30 Nov 2018, 12:47 PM

I am a noob so....

1) It helps to say WHO YOU ARE in the match :P

2) I only watched until the t70s came out, but it did not look like you did much wrong at all play-wise.

3) Going penals and a sniper is probably meta for this map and may have served you better? The maxim has a narrow cone and the map is wide open, so the maxim will get flanked all day long. Since the map is wide open, snipers tend to work very well on it. Seeing the ass grens may change your sniper to a clown car if not too late?
30 Nov 2018, 14:15 PM

I swear my name here was the same (Mr Stalin)
I watched the replay again and my teamate was horrid, he lost nearly everything he built.
I have been trying different builds but the reason i like cons and a maxim because it builds well (if it more or less intact). I get gaurds, AT gun, maybe a support weapon if in a good position and then t70 etc. I feel like penals are a risky move and even if you get gaurds, you need to back tech for at gun which delays the t70s.

The maxium was a good choice in this case but you can see pretty clearly i fumbled my micro a few times which caused me to retreat. Other times its great with the quick set up time.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L