Login

russian armor

Why are T-34 so flowery?

25 Sep 2013, 16:33 PM

i know how to use a t34. you guys are completely missing the point. do the math

t34 80 penetration

panzer IV 160 armor

that's 50 pct chance to penetrate, but with my proposed changes.

t34 110 penetration

panzer IV still 160 armor

68 pct chance NOT A HUGE DIFFERENCE, despite these changes the panzer IV is still the superior tank.

i never go head to head with one t34 against one panzer IV and i never expect it to win like that nor do i want to.

i also want t34 to do at least some good damage on a face to face fight with a panzer IV so that 2 t34s vrs one panzer IV can actually work out for the t34s without the need of flanking.

i ask for this change primarily because of how t34 rounds bounce of the panthers rear.
25 Sep 2013, 16:40 PM

Permanently Banned
What part of the quote from a Dev that I linked to you, did you not understand.
25 Sep 2013, 16:45 PM

I think Soviet T3 is lackluster now that the T70 can no longer crush infantry. ZiS doesn't do a good enough job to replace the SU-85 imo, and T34 ends up getting rolled with P4 spam. It's certainly viable but inferior to T1/T4 imo.
25 Sep 2013, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 16:40 PMNullist
What part of the quote from a Dev that I linked to you, did you not understand.

what the part of the 68 pct penetration, t34 still need to flank did you not figure out?

even so i don't like that concept of t34s that the devs pointed out. it's not an m18 hellcat ive said it before. making the t34 a constant flanking tank is a bad concept. it should be somewhat good at the front, read my post again. it's not supposed to take on panzer IVs on a 1v1 frontal attack but two t34s should be able to take on one panzer IV without flanking. especially in this game where flanking can be dangerous and all the medium tanks run at the same speed.
25 Sep 2013, 16:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Whatever, man.

Your "feedback", particularly when submitted like this, isnt going to change anything anyways.
25 Sep 2013, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 16:52 PMNullist
Whatever, man.

Your "feedback", particularly when submitted like this, isnt going to change anything anyways.

well your biased and short sighted reply's aren't helping anyone either. you refused to acknowledged how OP some german things are and i don't think you understand the balance state of the game at all. since it seems like you never play soviets at all.
25 Sep 2013, 17:25 PM

Permanently Banned
I havent refused to acknowledge anything.
You simply haven't presented anything worth acknowledging.
Nobody agrees with you.

Your numbers are false and misrepresentative.
You compare vet 0 units to vet 2 units.
You conveniently omit Sov dmg bonus in your vet calculations.
You ignore Dev quotes on what is the intended use of units.
You are absolutely nobody to accuse me of bias due to preferring to play one faction.

The illegitimacy of your balance observations is resulting from you misrepresenting them with false numbers and making false implications that "t34 should" be able to, in your imagination, be able to do stuff.

Your stuff isnt BASED on anything valid. Nothing at all.
25 Sep 2013, 17:55 PM

Well doesn't matter anymore,Germans now have better AI and AT capabilities
25 Sep 2013, 18:21 PM
Donator 22

Why should a T-34 be able to go head on with German tanks? It has a short cannon and kills infantry way faster. It´s also quite cheap and spammable at 280mp, 85 fuel. If you use one T-34 to combat a German tank, you are doing it wrong.

Russians imho dominate the infantry combat with huge blobs. Why can´t Germans have their better tanks?

A flanking T-34 is actually quite a good feature gameplay wise (forcing tactics instead of left click, right click) and one of the few things that´s actually realistic in this game (yeah, I did use the evil word "realism").

THIS!!
25 Sep 2013, 18:23 PM

Well doesn't matter anymore,Germans now have better AI and AT capabilities

Mr soviet loverboy here said so it must be true ... facepalm
25 Sep 2013, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 16:31 PMUGBEAR

meanwhile German players only use left click or right click to counter any tactics, is this you want to say?
That statement could be true if there wasn´t the all mighty 60 range SU-85 that eats any armor in a frontal assault. German players have to flank and micro their tanks too.

It´s just silly to think that the T-34 should get away without being microed. If you don´t micro and park them in front of a Panzer IV they will and should lose. If even one T-34 drives to the Panzer IV´s side you can kill the Panzer IV without even losing one T-34. If you are to lazy to do that, try "mark target" which breaks the law of physics and enables T-34s to deal with the P4 frontally.

Is that so much asked from the Russian player?
25 Sep 2013, 18:30 PM

T34s are so much fun if you keep them mobile.

I see that quite a lot of players park them like they were SU85 light. Big mistake!

Mobility is their force so KEEP MOVING. Nm the accuracy penalty.
25 Sep 2013, 18:42 PM

Mr soviet loverboy here said so it must be true ... facepalm

For the love of God kid,stop with these comments and get a life
25 Sep 2013, 18:50 PM

Best just to ignore those posts. Even Nullist here cleaned up his act, I guess he can too.

There is an issue of the Soviet tier split.

Going with the T-34 as your primary tank will inevitably force you to use them in direct confrontation with German tanks. This is because the current meta rewards a lot of tank building.

What's more there will be the inevitable confrontation with German heavies, or the medium-heavy Panther, all of which have had infantry AT reduced in effectiveness against. The T-34 doesn't scale, and doesn't guarantee control.

AT Guns just don't cut it either. There's just too much right now that deals with AT guns, one of which is to just drive past them, especially so with the input lag issues.

I'm fine with the T-34 being purposed as a flanker, but it that doesn't erase the need for something that can operate on the front line, especially since german tanks do have much higher infantry killing power.

This can lead to a downward spiral of having to build more and more T-34s to hold the front, even if they weren't intended. Or risk losing time and resources going for the 4th building.

A t-34 flanking is no guarantee of a kill, even catching a P4 out via flank means little, especially if smoke launchers is available. Reverse the situation and a P4 catching a T-34 from the front or flank usually means a dead T-34.

Even the vaunted Ram is at best, a trade tank for tank, or at worst, a temporarily broken gun and a dead T-34. Again, it can lead to a downward spiral.
25 Sep 2013, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 17:25 PMNullist
I havent refused to acknowledge anything.
You simply haven't presented anything worth acknowledging.
Nobody agrees with you.

Your numbers are false and misrepresentative.
You compare vet 0 units to vet 2 units.
You conveniently omit Sov dmg bonus in your vet calculations.
You ignore Dev quotes on what is the intended use of units.
You are absolutely nobody to accuse me of bias due to preferring to play one faction.

The illegitimacy of your balance observations is resulting from you misrepresenting them with false numbers and making false implications that "t34 should" be able to, in your imagination, be able to do stuff.

Your stuff isnt BASED on anything valid. Nothing at all.

I have provided you the source of my numbers provided by relic in the changelog! if i was wrong with my numbers than tell me what the actual numbers are. you did not provide anything to show that you even know what the stats actually are. if you don't know what the stats are then you have no right to say that my numbers are false.

i would talk about soviet veterancy when i have the actual numbers on those. sadly, relic doesn't show veterancy stats and the website that show all the stats in the game is now down.

i do not ignore dev quotes i looked at the site and read it, i just said that i don't like their concept on the t34. even with my suggested penetration buff it still would not change their concept.

i played all game modes, i have tested every unit in the game. i played long enough to understand each units strengths and weaknesses. i play both factions pretty evenly. i observe my own replays and i watch propagandacasts to see how other people play.

i may not have much credibility because i don't work in relic, but i've done a lot more than playing one match and complaining about it.
25 Sep 2013, 19:11 PM

I love my t 34's ......... Nullist not so much. :D
25 Sep 2013, 19:17 PM
Benefactor 115

T34 is fine to me, if you find yourself overwhelmed by german tanks you probably didn't have enough early map control to go T3 in the first place.
25 Sep 2013, 19:43 PM

You can counter Nullist pretty much by throwing everything he says back in his face as every snide remark he says pretty much applies to himself as well.

T-34s, I think, will be fine in their current position so long as the Soviet AT frontline stabilizes. Tone down the German tank's anti-infantry buffs so that the new weaker infantry AT grenades aren't so easily driven away by just tanks, and aren't so costly to deploy.

Also the responsiveness of AT guns needs working as well. Fix these issues and the T-34 can stay where it is.
25 Sep 2013, 20:18 PM

The t34 is fine as it is. I think you guys are looking for a battle tank that you can use in hordes like the german side.

I don't like that kind of play, but if that's the demand, so be it.

Relic should include a FREE KV1/43.
25 Sep 2013, 20:23 PM

The t34 is fine as it is. I think you guys are looking for a battle tank that you can use in hordes like the german side.

I don't like that kind of play, but if that's the demand, so be it.

Relic should include a FREE KV1/43.

T34/85
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight