Login

russian armor

P2W whine thread.

PAGES (10)down
25 Sep 2013, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 16:31 PMScerun

My issue isn't balance, or that the commanders are strictly P2W. P2W is just a hyperbole of the problem here. P2W is just the tagline to get your attention of the real problem - the principal of being hustled like this. I needn't repeat what I said, or what others have said - but most of what has been said has been nothing to do with what is, or isn't OP. New stuff is released; it's OP. That's cardinal. Some have a problem with how often this might shake up balance (too often?), those like me have a problem with being shelled in this manner.

How are we being hustled? After all, you're not forced to buy the commanders, and frankly, people who feel strongly enough about this game to whine so much about, they are probably able to find the 4 bucks to buy a commander.

If people were promised the commanders for free and didn't get them, that is problem, of course, but I was addressing the unsubstantiated assertions of P2W and the mindboggleing claims of having to spend hundreds of dollars to play the game.

It seems that some people are conflating Relic's balancing strategy and business model and are seeing patterns of conspiracy that just isn't there.
25 Sep 2013, 16:53 PM

How are we being hustled? After all, you're not forced to buy the commanders, and frankly, people who feel strongly enough about this game to whine so much about, they are probably able to find the 4 bucks to buy a commander.

If people were promised the commanders for free and didn't get them, that is problem, of course, but I was addressing the unsubstantiated assertions of P2W and the mindboggleing claims of having to spend hundreds of dollars to play the game.

It seems that some people are conflating Relic's balancing strategy and business model and are seeing patterns of conspiracy that just isn't there.

I think it's a perception that Relic are just being cheap.

Effectively they charged a premium and are now nickle and diming those same very folk.

I mean - really - you buy a premium car - the least you'd expect is some floor covers and mudflaps thrown in, maybe even a tank of gas.

Yet here you have people who just shelled out $100 being then asked to pay $2.99 - or effectively 2.99% more.

Surely that 2.99% is something they could adsorb - given now you've just "spent" $2.99 to make those that paid for the CE to feel as though they were short changed.

Its one step forward - 3 steps back here.

Surely it doesn't take a marketing guru to realize the value of customer loyalty etc - charge those that didn't pay for the CE the $2.99 - but look after those - the real fans of the franchise - the ones that looked after them when the clouds were overhead and there were dark times for Relic.

This whole thing is cheap.
25 Sep 2013, 16:59 PM

Yeah 4$ for 1 commander.If you want to have all 4 new commanders its 16$.16$ + case blue TOW 9$ = 25$.For 25$ i can buy a whole new game like Crysis 3(cost around 25$ atm) for example or another one.......25$ only for DLC........And next DLC "Victory at Stalingrad" is already on its way........Its just pure milking.
25 Sep 2013, 17:04 PM

I think it's a perception that Relic are just being cheap.

Effectively they charged a premium and are now nickle and diming those same very folk.

I mean - really - you buy a premium car - the least you'd expect is some floor covers and mudflaps thrown in, maybe even a tank of gas.

Yet here you have people who just shelled out $100 being then asked to pay $2.99 - or effectively 2.99% more.

Surely that 2.99% is something they could adsorb - given now you've just "spent" $2.99 to make those that paid for the CE to feel as though they were short changed.

Its one step forward - 3 steps back here.

Surely it doesn't take a marketing guru to realize the value of customer loyalty etc - charge those that didn't pay for the CE the $2.99 - but look after those - the real fans of the franchise - the ones that looked after them when the clouds were overhead and there were dark times for Relic.

This whole thing is cheap.

I'm not really sure why you keep quoting me to discuss a topic I did not address in the first place, but I'll bite anyway.

On what exactly do you base your expectation to being given free stuff?
Did Relic explicitly or implicitly state that the commanders would be free for CE owners?
25 Sep 2013, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 16:59 PMAffe

Yeah 4$ for 1 commander.If you want to have all 4 new commanders its 16$.16$ + case blue TOW 9$ = 25$.For 25$ i can buy a whole new game like Crysis 3(cost around 25$ atm) for example or another one.......25$ only for DLC........And next DLC "Victory at Stalingrad" is already on its way........Its just pure milking.

And what compels you to buy all this?
25 Sep 2013, 17:09 PM

And what compels you to buy all this?

Its the fact that this game can only be fun with more Units since the normal Version without DLC has only 2 factions and a low unit variation.It starts to get boring with so few Units so you have to buy new Units to Keep this game interesting.
25 Sep 2013, 17:16 PM

Permanently Banned

None of this stuff is free.

All of it has already been paid for by Coh2 customers.
25 Sep 2013, 17:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

In other words: less QQ, more pewpew, please.

That's going right into my signature
25 Sep 2013, 17:28 PM

I'm not really sure why you keep quoting me to discuss a topic I did not address in the first place, but I'll bite anyway.

Did Relic explicitly or implicitly state that the commanders would be free for CE owners?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collection

Colection
2. A group of objects or works to be seen, studied, or kept together.
3. A line of products produced for one season, as those developed by a designer

collector

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/collector

A person who makes a collection, as of stamps (or commanders perhaps?).

english is not my main languge but god dam words have a meaning!! if they have had CALLED IT TOW EDITION i would not have bought it and i would not be complaning.

acording to relic i am the collector of an incomplete colection because i paied for the COLLECTOR EDITION the colecturmoney edition.
25 Sep 2013, 17:29 PM

I love all the stalwart fan boys that continue to applaud and cheer this travesty on - you guys do realize you'll soon only have the small number of yourselves to play right?

This game has severe basic issues that are still unaddressed (lobby, lag etc) and a rapidly declining player base.

But - the band will play on as the Titanic goes down.
25 Sep 2013, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 17:09 PMAffe

Its the fact that this game can only be fun with more Units since the normal Version without DLC has only 2 factions and a low unit variation.It starts to get boring with so few Units so you have to buy new Units to Keep this game interesting.

Or, as you said yourself, you can buy Crysis or an other game.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 17:16 PMNullist

None of this stuff is free.

All of it has already been paid for by Coh2 customers.

Yes, in the same way that when you buy a Honda, you also get access to all future Honda. Give me a break...
25 Sep 2013, 17:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Yes, in the same way that when you buy a Honda, you also get access to all future Honda. Give me a break...

Did you buy the CE at full cost back in alpha-beta?
25 Sep 2013, 17:43 PM

No in fact it's more like after you buy a Honda you have to buy it's engine,wheels etc.. :)
25 Sep 2013, 17:45 PM

you are comparing apples to oranges.

you dont buy coh1 expecting to get coh2 for free.

cars are not used to race each other everyday. on the highway to place on a ladder.
25 Sep 2013, 17:47 PM

How many hours of gameplay does one expect for 60 dollars? What is the average amount of hours that a game typically yields?

How many for 100? If you pay 100 dollars once, how much content should you get for free, forever? I think it would be nice, and no skin off Relic's nose if they did occasionally give the people who paid the premium, perks over the years, and it does sound like the initial 100 dollar package was somewhat lackluster in the end, so maybe they can do something like that.

I haven't bought any extra content yet, but I intend to, I'm just not even close to delving into all the commanders I have access to now. The cool thing is that whether I play them or not, I get to play against them, which in itself changes my gaming experience, broadens it, gives me more things to consider, new ways to play if just in how I respond.

As for pay-to-win, that is simply a matter of balance.

I can't believe people are screaming essentially "free new content or no new content at all!" wtf

edit: peoples finance concerns are real: in the scheme of things, I don't think these commanders are very pricy, but that doesn't mean they don't actually take a bite out of students or other people who are struggling. Its certainly not the high ground to poke at somebody for these reasons.
25 Sep 2013, 17:48 PM

Ahh - the atypical "Take your bat and ball and go home" statement.....

How many iPhones do you own by chance?

lol

Seriously - I struggle to force myself to play this game - I get A game in - ONE - and I can't play it any more - it really feels like work vs something I enjoy.

So I have taken your advice - and I've moved on to other games in my long back log of Steam sale pick ups.

I actually am glad to see they're addressing a lot of the flaws of the current game though - its a shame they're making you pay for it with DLC though - its also a shame that they deviated initially with boring "new" units and then realized they needed to bring back units from COH1 - slap a DLC tag on them and then inject them into this new mess of a game.

Its good to see the Storm troopers back.

Its good to see the PE half track back.

Its good to see the Brit trenches back.

Its good to see the forward HQ's back.

Like I've said before - I just wished they'd fix COH1.
25 Sep 2013, 17:53 PM

And I thought Nullist only posts bullshit. For once sir you have my respect, until your next balance argument comes to light :P
25 Sep 2013, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2013, 17:47 PMJoshua9

How many hours of gameplay does one expect for 60 dollars? What is the average amount of hours that a game typically yields?

How many for 100? If you pay 100 dollars once, how much content should you get for free, forever? I think it would be nice, and no skin off Relic's nose if they did occasionally give the people who paid the premium, perks over the years, and it does sound like the initial 100 dollar package was somewhat lackluster in the end, so maybe they can do something like that.

I haven't bought any extra content yet, but I intend to, I'm just not even close to delving into all the commanders I have access to now. The cool thing is that whether I play them or not, I get to play against them, which in itself changes my gaming experience, broadens it, gives me more things to consider, new ways to play if just in how I respond.

As for pay-to-win, that is simply a matter of balance.

I can't believe people are screaming essentially "free new content or no new content at all!" wtf

my main problem is how they treated me as a collector. but who the fuck cares i already got ripped off.
25 Sep 2013, 18:13 PM
Donator 22

Hmm I think battlefield 3 has one of the best DLC business models.

offtopic:
true but its like the the same system with battlefield "premium". I have payed for bf3 110 EUR. 60 bf3 + 50 battlefield premium

ontopic:
I thought you have to buy the CE and getting all upcoming commander/maps for free oO

25 Sep 2013, 18:23 PM

offtopic:
true but its like the the same system with battlefield "premium". I have payed for bf3 110 EUR. 60 bf3 + 50 battlefield premium

ontopic:
I thought you have to buy the CE and getting all upcoming commander/maps for free oO

acording to relic the noun collector is just a fancy wrap for pay more for the game.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %