Login

russian armor

Is there anyway to avoid the ZiS gun bug?

12 Nov 2018, 07:00 AM

The one where after a barrage it no longer functions and you just have to hope the enemy clears it in a way where you can reclaim it.

Is it caused by canceling the barrage? Is there any known way to avoid or at least reduce the odds of it?

It's quite frustrating to deal with because it can result in you losing a potentially important engagement and also losing the entire unit.
12 Nov 2018, 08:48 AM

There is, don't build one :nahnah::D

Just kidding, i hate this bug too but i don't think that there is a way to avoid it. You just have to cross your fingers and hope.
12 Nov 2018, 16:51 PM

Can anyone at least confirm that it is specifically related to the barrage ability?
12 Nov 2018, 16:53 PM

The one where after a barrage it no longer functions and you just have to hope the enemy clears it in a way where you can reclaim it.

Is it caused by canceling the barrage? Is there any known way to avoid or at least reduce the odds of it?

It's quite frustrating to deal with because it can result in you losing a potentially important engagement and also losing the entire unit.

No, because it isn't anything that you did to create the bug. Just hope that it is somewhere useful when it happens. I've had it happen to me two or three times in multiple hundreds of games as Soviet. I tried recrewing, attacking ground with flamethrowers, bombarding. Nothing would allow it to move.
12 Nov 2018, 16:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can anyone at least confirm that it is specifically related to the barrage ability?

There are a couple zis gun bugs. Something about the way the animations work when a model dies I think. Maybe related to 6 man squads on it.
12 Nov 2018, 16:58 PM

So basically it's just a gamble that if I use the gun, I may randomly lose it.

Look I'm all for a bit of RNG but this is a bit too much 'namsayin?

Damn shame since I'm a big fan of using the ZiS for bot AI and AT/AV, so knowing a 420 IQ play may in fact be met with the game crapping out is just frustrating.

If it is related to the 6 man squad, is there a potential for a 120mm style workaround with 5 men?
12 Nov 2018, 17:24 PM

So basically it's just a gamble that if I use the gun, I may randomly lose it.

Look I'm all for a bit of RNG but this is a bit too much 'namsayin?

Damn shame since I'm a big fan of using the ZiS for bot AI and AT/AV, so knowing a 420 IQ play may in fact be met with the game crapping out is just frustrating.

If it is related to the 6 man squad, is there a potential for a 120mm style workaround with 5 men?

I had a similar bug happen to a pack howie once also. Unfortunately, the pack howie wouldn't fire.

The probability that the bug will happen in any game is probably less than 0.1%. Rocket arty is a much bigger worry.
12 Nov 2018, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2018, 17:24 PMGrumpy

I had a similar bug happen to a pack howie once also. Unfortunately, the pack howie wouldn't fire.

The probability that the bug will happen in any game is probably less than 0.1%. Rocket arty is a much bigger worry.

I guess I'm very unlucky then because it happens to me once every 5-6 games or so (that I use the AT gun, yes I keep count).

I do tend to use it a lot tho, constantly moving and shooting things with it (and constantly using the barrage), so maybe my use level is higher and so I tempt fate more often.

What's the rocket arty issue?
12 Nov 2018, 17:54 PM

I guess I'm very unlucky then because it happens to me once every 5-6 games or so (that I use the AT gun, yes I keep count).

I do tend to use it a lot tho, constantly moving and shooting things with it (and constantly using the barrage), so maybe my use level is higher and so I tempt fate more often.

What's the rocket arty issue?

I'm referring to how often AT guns get wiped by rocket arty. I used to hate the sounds of the Pwerfer because it seems to wipe too often and make AT guns almost useless. Since I've been playing mostly Ost lately, I hate Katy's even more.
12 Nov 2018, 18:06 PM

Oh, well, that's fine. I thought you meant there was a bug.
12 Nov 2018, 22:01 PM

The reason it bugs out, is that you do the barrage and u tell it to move in the last 1-2 seconds before it ends. that will make it stuck in the current game. (so just let it do the barrage without canceling it even if its being rushed bye the enemy) Relic has a fix for it in the works, wich will prb come out with a small hotfix patch.
13 Nov 2018, 03:20 AM

That matches up with my assumption, since it always seems to bug after I barrage.

Thx Duffman, guess I'll just have to commit to barrages.
24 Nov 2018, 15:52 PM

In a true lelic style the "bugfix" (more like hackfix) they did does not work at all, had my gun bug out during the barrage then had to clear it out with molotovs... leaving just a single crew member alive didnt do anything at all, as expected no matter how long I waited for him to GTFO as he supposed to he just chilled there untill I had to roast him with molotovs again.

The real question is - why barrage still in game if it bugs out that badly? they should just replace it with TWP or something because its basically a Russian roulette to use this ability.

Also moving is not only issue during the barrage, but losing crew model during barrage itself seems to often lead to unresponsive/stuck ZiS bug.
24 Nov 2018, 16:36 PM

The bug fix was not meant to fix the zis from getting stuck, it was a fix for it being invincible wich is 100% worse then being stuck. https://imgur.com/4zekMSA this would have become a thing cause its very recreateable
24 Nov 2018, 17:33 PM

How is it worse? Stuck ZiS almost always equals lost game. It's honestly amazing how critical bugs like that remain in 5 year old game and lelic does nothing to either fix it or at very least remove bugged abilities and give something else in return
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★