Login

russian armor

T34/76 role in the current meta

9 Nov 2018, 02:10 AM

I've been struggling with these guys for a while now. Sometimes they carry the match, somethimes they just burst out in flames before doing much.

Currently I'm more of an advocate to seeing them as late game replacement for your T70's as they (individualy) don't bring much in the AT department and having both a T70 a Su85 feels like a sound combination

My experience with dictates they are to be used:
- to hunt down pesky light vehicles that refuse to die in the midgame
- as replacement of T70 as an anti-infantry tool
- as a late game anti-infantry vehicle when facing heavy tank destroyers (the ones that render your T34/85s and TDs useless)
- Occasional suicide diving to hunt down rocket arty
- Against ostheer, they can help you stabilize your frontline against their first Panzer4 as long as its helped by a Zis
- Against OKW: better to go for a KV1, you not going to penetrate their P4 anyways but at least you are not going to burst in flames against it or the raketen pair.

It seems a good idea to go for more of them if they are having success accomplishing the task above mentioned as having more than 1 gives you an edge on big battle, specially late game armored engagements.
11 Nov 2018, 12:31 PM

They're sort of like good Ostwinds. They're a very good cheap tank for AI and light AT, but you'll need a bigger gun against anything bigger than a skirtless P4.
11 Nov 2018, 17:38 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

^ Basically this. Their MGs shred any infantry, but you gotta use something bigger vs most armor pieces or just have more 76s than they have p4s. If you're up against panthers I'd suggest an 85 variant. Either SU, or 34/85
11 Nov 2018, 20:19 PM

T34 is a unit better used en masse, currently I didn't find any other use for it, one t34 alone won't do much.

What's important is that you preserve every t34 you get, if you lose only one it might be over.

Remember also that the t34 is always a good choice.
What I mean by that, is this tank is good on any maps, any builds, any situation.
11 Nov 2018, 20:37 PM

The ram ability is sometimes underused. I think especially against lategame axis vehicles like heavy tanks or panthers: a few second stun in combination with more flanking t34s, a su85 or an il-2 bombing run can get some pretty nice results and allow you to trade well even if you lose some units of your own.
11 Nov 2018, 22:13 PM

I use the ram ability a lot, and 1/5 of the time it fails.

Only worth it in very specific situations.
12 Nov 2018, 00:48 AM

T34 ram its way to situational. Even more so considering the ability has a minimum range that goes against the expected behavior of the tank in armored engagements: attacking from the flanks and as close as posible
12 Nov 2018, 21:29 PM

T34 ram its way to situational. Even more so considering the ability has a minimum range that goes against the expected behavior of the tank in armored engagements: attacking from the flanks and as close as posible
If I am playing with a 34/85 commander I might build 2 and then one 76 for cheap rams. The ram ability can also be used to close range if they are on the edge of the ability and backing up. Back when you could stack bulletins 3 ram range bulls could have you ramming from outside the vision of most armor.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★