Login

russian armor

Against weapons team spammers

17 Oct 2018, 13:22 PM

What do you guys like to do? Get Scotts? Get multiple mortars? Get Multiple pack howies? Mortar halftrack?

Played against a guy on vilshanka today with 4 mg 34s and 3 raketens, and some isg today, I won by a large margin due to good vp pressure but it was a real cancer game to play. I got two scotts, which worked better to kite and wipe his infantry blob than hurt his mgs due to risk of raketens and shorter attack range, so ended with quite a low efficiency rating. On other hand my mortar reached a whopping 900% by the end of the game.

I didn't want pack howie due to having the scotts already, but it made me think.

What sort of artillery would you guys have gotten? microing 2 mortars to focus fire mgs, get some pack howies and afk/barrage them?
17 Oct 2018, 14:42 PM

When playing USF, i always get Pack Howitzer because it has more range than the standard USF mortar, and it has a better punch against static targets in general. It's also good for area denial with the phosphorus barrage.
17 Oct 2018, 15:19 PM

What do you guys like to do? Get Scotts? Get multiple mortars? Get Multiple pack howies? Mortar halftrack?

Played against a guy on vilshanka today with 4 mg 34s and 3 raketens, and some isg today, I won by a large margin due to good vp pressure but it was a real cancer game to play. I got two scotts, which worked better to kite and wipe his infantry blob than hurt his mgs due to risk of raketens and shorter attack range, so ended with quite a low efficiency rating. On other hand my mortar reached a whopping 900% by the end of the game.

I didn't want pack howie due to having the scotts already, but it made me think.

What sort of artillery would you guys have gotten? microing 2 mortars to focus fire mgs, get some pack howies and afk/barrage them?

Sry but u nub
Why?
If u got double scott Nothing on earth but tanks can stop your troops
You tottally forget about smoke
1) use Major in you rifle blob
2) use Major recon to find out exact position of MGs of your FRONTAL attack
3) use free smoke of you scott before MG ( so you can smoke 2)
4) use major vet 2 arty to wipe static
5) move you blob behind the smoke
6) use .50cal A move to follow rifles
7) stop discharge smoke by scott and use on juicy target

Profit

ps Recon pass reviel hidden rakketten as well

of coz this require good multitasking and using Hotkeys
17 Oct 2018, 18:43 PM

Sry but u nub
Why?
If u got double scott Nothing on earth but tanks can stop your troops
You tottally forget about smoke
1) use Major in you rifle blob
2) use Major recon to find out exact position of MGs of your FRONTAL attack
3) use free smoke of you scott before MG ( so you can smoke 2)
4) use major vet 2 arty to wipe static
5) move you blob behind the smoke
6) use .50cal A move to follow rifles
7) stop discharge smoke by scott and use on juicy target

Profit

ps Recon pass reviel hidden rakketten as well

of coz this require good multitasking and using Hotkeys

Doesn't work so great when your opponent is sitting behind a pak/MG wall and fausts your M8s while he mortars you to death, all of these things will be on the field well before your M8s or Major. Oh and that's assuming he doesn't just blitz you with a Panzer IV which probably will come out well before your M8.
17 Oct 2018, 20:56 PM

depend of map and who is holding what. 3 riffles 1 mortar or 4 riffle is standard and do fine vs team weap spam.

the secret is to tech nades early. b4 ambu if your squads do not lose too much health, just after if you had to (i always go cptn if there in no snipe so i don't need fast tech and can totally afford to spend some fuel b4 going cptn). nades will give your flanking squad the wiping potential it doesn't have otherwise. It also give you the opportunity to smoke nade with your RE for your riffle men to run up and nade. If there is 2 hmg covering each other, wait for mortar smoke then go in and smoke then 2nd with RE. Usually i don't even have to bother smoking, flanking from 2-3 different pathes so the job. Cptn then howie (b4 or after atgun, depending if they are more or less likely to go light vehicule). I often and up with a mortar and a howie and it's good cuz u already got 4-5 mainline inf bleeding. If you know enemy didn't get more fuel than you (or got less) you can even get howie as 1st vehicule. Tbh it's harder to deal with only one hmg than numerous.
18 Oct 2018, 21:37 PM

Lots of smoke and double pack howies.

If you went LT then you’re probably screwed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS