Login

russian armor

howitzers

22 Sep 2013, 01:41 AM

how absurd is it that german howitzers can barrage for 60 seconds and have 20 second cooldowns. the damn thing shoots 12 rounds per barrage. that's denying the enemy for an entire minute and after the barrage is done it can call in another one in a short time. there is no breathing space for the soviets when that thing hangs around. there never been artillery like that in company of heroes, an artillery that have a longer barrage time than recharge time!
22 Sep 2013, 04:17 AM

well you do know german howitzers only have 2/3 damage of russian howitzers, i think the barrage time is same just Germans have less cd than russian one and it is easily counter by rocket car, russian howitzers, tank flanking, air strike, even guards and combat engineer can kill it, so it is ok atm it fire faster but less damage.
22 Sep 2013, 04:57 AM

ok it can die just as easily as the russian howitzer yet fires faster with long barrage times, and shorter cooldowns.

of course the thing would not be protected by other tanks which can destroy a t34 way before the t34 can fire off its second shot. and guards ..... if a t34 takes more than 3 shots to kill a 105 than i doubt the guards can kill any faster. katyusha? is there no reason to go t3 anymore?

the 105 seem to have a lot more advantages than the 155 because the 155s only advantage it seems is that it can do more damage and the range doesn't seem a lot bigger than the 105.

still twelve rounds in one barrage is still to much.
22 Sep 2013, 05:09 AM

12 rounds x 200 damage = 2400 damage
the soviet howitzer shoots 8 rounds x 300 damage = 2400 damage

so i dont think 12 round barrage is really a problem. the soviet howitzer also has a larger AOE, 7.5 compared to 9. if theres any problem with the howitzers, i would say its the cooldown. precision strike is extremely useful though.
22 Sep 2013, 09:07 AM

I've been in games where I've been losing and then I build the Osteer howitzer and make an epic comeback on its back. TBH the cool down needs an increase. Maybe like 10 seconds or something.
22 Sep 2013, 15:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2013, 05:09 AMwooof
12 rounds x 200 damage = 2400 damage
the soviet howitzer shoots 8 rounds x 300 damage = 2400 damage

so i dont think 12 round barrage is really a problem. the soviet howitzer also has a larger AOE, 7.5 compared to 9. if theres any problem with the howitzers, i would say its the cooldown. precision strike is extremely useful though.

i did not know the 155mm howitzer shoots 8 rounds ... maybe since bombing strike is more easier to get in this game it balances out, but i still think 8 rounds or 12 rounds is too much or maybe i just played too much vcoh. nonetheless the cooldown really does need fixing, the soviet howitzer has very long cooldowns while the german howitzer can start firing away.
22 Sep 2013, 16:19 PM

i did not know the 155mm howitzer shoots 8 rounds ... maybe since bombing strike is more easier to get in this game it balances out, but i still think 8 rounds or 12 rounds is too much or maybe i just played too much vcoh. nonetheless the cooldown really does need fixing, the soviet howitzer has very long cooldowns while the german howitzer can start firing away.

i thought 152mm have more range than 105mm, also better skill precision, strike vs counter barrage, larger AOE which means more damage. so 35 sec more on cd isn't whole alot, i think u feel it is painful is because 152mm and 105mm have same fire rate so 152mm will finish its barrage faster and with 35 sec more cd it felt you have wait forever for another round of barrage
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment