Login

russian armor

Terror Doctrine

25 Sep 2018, 17:38 PM

Hi everyone, I'm tibor from Russia, nice to meet you. My english not so good, sorry.

Anyways I was wondering if tier 1 is really the only way to use Terror Doctrine. I really like terror doctrine because it gives me a-lot of tools to handle OKW blob and punish forward OKW bases with the howitzer. I really enjoy using propaganda to force retreats on German Blobs, and also creating Extra Crispy German Fried Chicken with my KV-8. After a nice dinner of German Fried Chicken I switch it up to Desert with the Arty Piece and Bombing Run on OKW basses which I tell you is extra extra sweet.

And then after all the germans are dead I get a glass of Vodka and Celebrate! ыпьем за то, чтобы у нас всегда был повод для праздника –

My issue is that I seem to only be able to really use this doctrine with tier 1 with the Pen15 Battalion as I throw boxes of Russians Chocolates on unsuspecting tanks and Girls Snipers. The reason why is because tier 2 is so manpower intensive that even if you go Terror Doctrine the reinforcement costs of tier 2 make using the units from Terror Doctrine very difficult to achieve and then you're only using Propaganda and bombing run which really is not enough.

I sometimes use shocks but most of the time I don't so anyways this is how I handle german blobs but is there a better way to strike terror into these german dogs?
26 Sep 2018, 11:10 AM

hmmm problem is T2 is the maxim and the conscript... both options form the core of T2 and unfortunately both options do not scale very well in the lategame without specific doctrines (ppsh) soo no id say T1 is your best option
26 Sep 2018, 12:32 PM

I think that t2 works really good with the terror doctrine i played that commander in some 1v1 matches with the commander revamp patch against ostheer and okw i have a replay of one match its not an interesting game but shows how the doctrine can be used to finish games if you manage to get ahead of okw. If you want i could upload that replay but i think it would be easier to show a replay of your own and someone might have a look why you bleed with t2 or conscript starts so much more then with your usual openings.
26 Sep 2018, 12:33 PM

I think that t2 works really good with the terror doctrine i played that commander in some 1v1 matches with the commander revamp patch against ostheer and okw i have a replay of one match its not an interesting game but shows how the doctrine can be used to finish games if you manage to get ahead of okw. If you want i could upload that replay but i think it would be easier to show a replay of your own and someone might have a look why you bleed with t2 or conscript starts so much more then with your usual openings.

its nothing compared to the level of abuse a good m3/penal build can do though
26 Sep 2018, 12:40 PM

Of course t1 is way stronger in offensive actions and mroe likely to get some early game wipes compared to cons or t2 but i think that cons or t2 starts allow quite safe openings that usually are able to hold out until t70 and have a better staying power if the t70 or any other key units (m3a1/sniper) get countered. Another aspect of t2 starts with maxims is sometimes the problem that you lack fast smoke options or offensive capabilities that shocks can provide. On certain maps cons and shocktroops work quite well together and you could replace a conscript with shocks and enjoy the grenadie variety from molotovs over smoke to he grenades. I think t1 with penals and shock builds usually get easily countered by gren or volks blobs or if its unupgraded penals then by any light vehicle
26 Sep 2018, 12:51 PM

Of course t1 is way stronger in offensive actions and mroe likely to get some early game wipes compared to cons or t2 but i think that cons or t2 starts allow quite safe openings that usually are able to hold out until t70 and have a better staying power if the t70 or any other key units (m3a1/sniper) get countered. Another aspect of t2 starts with maxims is sometimes the problem that you lack fast smoke options or offensive capabilities that shocks can provide. On certain maps cons and shocktroops work quite well together and you could replace a conscript with shocks and enjoy the grenadie variety from molotovs over smoke to he grenades. I think t1 with penals and shock builds usually get easily countered by gren or volks blobs or if its unupgraded penals then by any light vehicle

in my experience the amount of damage a T1 opening can do is enough to pin an enemy down very early on while still retaining alot of lategame overwehlming firepower with a penal + T34 build... T34 rams penals satchel tanks to death.... T-34 swats blobs... penals kill loners... even in 4v4s (where the earlygame lasts less than 20 min) this strat was successfully used by me to kill multiple panthers in quick succession... in other words a well built T1 still has the same staying power as a T2 build

imo however new players are usually better off with T2... building a sniper when its not needed or not using the m3/AT penal to kill that early luchs/ht/222 appropriately can and will end the game for you... whereas a T2 build is a bit more reliable in that regard... still in the right hands T1 is hands down the superior option unless they rebuff the maxim and the cons

merging cons with shocks sucks though... they dont get the same body armor of shocks...
26 Sep 2018, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 12:51 PMgbem

in my experience the amount of damage a T1 opening can do is enough to pin an enemy down very early on while still retaining alot of lategame overwehlming firepower with a penal + T34 build... T34 rams penals satchel tanks to death.... T-34 swats blobs... penals kill loners... even in 4v4s (where the earlygame lasts less than 20 min) this strat was successfully used by me to kill multiple panthers in quick succession... in other words a well built T1 still has the same staying power as a T2 build

merging cons with shocks sucks though... they dont get the same body armor of shocks...

May i ask against which decent (4v4) player you won without using t70 that went straight for panthers and let them get rammed and satcheled not only once but to death? I just wanted to state that i find t2 openings a bit safer and easier to reprduce if i want to stay on low popcap and safe some manpower to build a shock squad (which is quite rare in the current patch).

I never said schocks should be merged with conscripts it might be nice as a suprising action near the front line to get some more ppsh 43s firing on the enemy but in the long term it won't be useful as they lose their armor (on the merged models). I just like the variety of grenades as you can throw a grenade for every single thread you could smoke your escaping vehicles or blobs/hmgs and throw molotovs on cover positions/he on flanked teamweapons to annihilate them.
26 Sep 2018, 13:28 PM

The one that didnt see it coming... my T34s usually come at an offset angle and i order the ram before it reaches ramming range... it usually happens soo fast they cant react in time... once the ram connects the penals are free to satchel at will
26 Sep 2018, 13:30 PM

I never said schocks should be merged with conscripts it might be nice as a suprising action near the front line to get some more ppsh 43s firing on the enemy but in the long term it won't be useful as they lose their armor (on the merged models). I just like the variety of grenades as you can throw a grenade for every single thread you could smoke your escaping vehicles or blobs/hmgs and throw molotovs on cover positions/he on flanked teamweapons to annihilate them.

That could mislead a new player... but i get your drift
26 Sep 2018, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2018, 13:28 PMgbem
The one that didnt see it coming... my T34s usually come at an offset angle and i order the ram before it reaches ramming range... it usually happens soo fast they cant react in time... once the ram connects the penals are free to satchel at will

especially in 4v4 most player use combined arms or pretty big blobs as the density near the front is way higher then in a 1v1 situation where you have to cover more strategic points, territories, and have to protect you supply lines aswell so i am suprised that you could close in on a panther that seemingly was unsupported as 3 penals could close in and use 135 munition to take out an expensive vehicle. But this part of the discussion is offtopic anyway as it just revolves around the viability of penals as only at platform.
26 Sep 2018, 13:47 PM

It relies on the element of surprise... if the panther is not moving or moving forward when the ram begins then it will connect as i have noticed... only when the panther moves back before the ram can it successfully evade
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★