Login

russian armor

Some gamefiles UI fixes for next patch

21 Sep 2018, 09:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello. As for previous patch mods, i've decided to suggest some UI fixes for upcoming patch. Due to thematic of the patch, i will suggest UI fixes for commanders.
Note: this suggestions using only stuff from gamefiles, as usual. :)

M-42 canister shells (Fixed)
To make it match with AP rounds it should use this ingame icon:
->

To avoid misunderstanding, Jagdtiger17 pounder's piercing abillity need to get 17-pounderJagdtiger's piercing shot icon.
->

M4A3(76) Sherman (Fixed)
His new HVAP shells using icon from 17 pounder's piercing shot M-42 canister shells.
->

Ostheer sprint
Current icon not in line with other sprint abillities in terms of design
->

WC51 and M8 mounted MG upgrade
Using incorrect icon (unlike other USF vehicles)
->

Panzergrenadiers mark target (Fixed)
->

Sturmtiger defensive grenade (Fixed)
It looks like smoke grenade, but supposed to kill infantry
->

Valentine
Due to recon abillity doesn't scan anymore, it should get new icon for it.
->

Churchill crocodile in tactical support (Fixed)
Using incorrect icon
->

Anti-tank overwatch
New icon should better conforn with late artillery assets.
->

Jager command squad (idea by SneakEye)
Currently, this unit using shield symbol from JLI. In-game files allow us to fix it.
->

Ideas below aimed on auras icons, which you see on units portrait like here

Command Panzer IV defence aura
Can use less bulky and more informative icon
->

Ostheer first strike bonus (for units, upgraded with camo from doctrine)
Same situation, current icon for bonus is bulky and non-informative.
->

Command Panther advance aura
Same as above
->
22 Sep 2018, 11:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Since some vehicles from Ostheer move to the OKW, exist the problem with their skins. Opel Blitz using default skin from Ostheer, and 221/223 using skin Hinterhalt-tarnung (Three color ambush pattern) from Ostheer too.

I would like to suggest some ideas about it:

Based on logic
The only OKW vehicle without skins - sws command halftrack. It is using panzergrau. 221/223 and Opel blitz can get panzergrau too. This variant will standartisize all OKW vehicles without skins. It also one of two skins, which have both german factions.

Based on my conception of beauty
Second shared skin - historical skin from Starbuck. It looks pretty cool, and i really want to see them in this skin as default.
22 Sep 2018, 11:58 AM

Since some vehicles from Ostheer move to the OKW, exist the problem with their skins. Opel Blitz using default skin from Ostheer, and 221/223 using skin Hinterhalt-tarnung (Three color ambush pattern) from Ostheer too.

I would like to suggest some ideas about it:

Based on logic
The only OKW vehicle without skins - sws command halftrack. It is using panzergrau. 221/223 and Opel blitz can get panzergrau too. This variant will standartisize all OKW vehicles without skins. It also one of two skins, which have both german factions.

Based on my conception of beauty
Second shared skin - historical skin from Starbuck. It looks pretty cool, and i really want to see them in this skin as default.

I think Panzergrau would work best, since the OKW already has those for use in multiplayer, I'm even saving for them right now.

As for the icons, a lot of icons need fixing in the new patch, for example the Soviet FHQ, the British Air supply operation (Mortar icon instead of MG) a single Recovery Engineer unit instead of 2 as well again in Tac Support Regiment and so forth.

I would help with those if you provide me with the icons tho.

Cheers.
22 Sep 2018, 12:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As for the icons, a lot of icons need fixing in the new patch, for example the Soviet FHQ, the British Air supply operation (Mortar icon instead of MG) a single Recovery Engineer unit instead of 2 as well again in Tac Support Regiment and so forth.

This list include only fixes with in-game stuff. All other fixes...well, they are wip ^_^

By the way, thank you very much! Can you provide full list of changed abillities from comming patch in addition to recovery engineers and supply operations? In case to not miss something.
22 Sep 2018, 13:02 PM

This list include only fixes with in-game stuff. All other fixes...well, they are wip ^_^

By the way, thank you very much! Can you provide full list of changed abillities from comming patch in addition to recovery engineers and supply operations? In case to not miss something.

Let's see, for Ostheer we have the Squad Leader/5th man squad upgrade and Pak 43 now combined with the concrete bunkers abilities that are in need of new icons.

For the OKW we have the 221/223 that is right now using the same 222 Icon as the Ostheer.

For the USF I don't think there are any new abilities or anything in need of a new icon.

For the Soviets... I haven't really played them so I have no idea.

For the UKF I already mentioned most in my previous post.

This are mostly from the top of my head.

But again, if you provide me with the extracted icons I can help you fix most of them.
22 Sep 2018, 13:42 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Let's see, for Ostheer we have the Squad Leader/5th man squad upgrade and Pak 43 now combined with the concrete bunkers abilities that are in need of new icons.

For the OKW we have the 221/223 that is right now using the same 222 Icon as the Ostheer.

For the USF I don't think there are any new abilities or anything in need of a new icon.

For the Soviets... I haven't really played them so I have no idea.

For the UKF I already mentioned most in my previous post.

This are mostly from the top of my head.

But again, if you provide me with the extracted icons I can help you fix most of them.

Thank you for the list, we already working on it with Kasarov and SneakEye! If any help will be required - i pm you ;)
22 Sep 2018, 21:01 PM

WC51 and M8 mounted MG upgrade
Using incorrect icon (unlike other USF vehicles)
->

Is that a mounted bar?
22 Sep 2018, 22:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Is that a mounted bar?

Yes, it is. I guess artist misunderstood the task to draw mounted browning :p
22 Sep 2018, 23:12 PM

Yes, it is. I guess artist misunderstood the task to draw mounted browning :p

Just goes to show I barely have used the m8 and WC51, even when i did the icon was so small I thought it wasnt a fucking mounted BAR.

the 50 cal icon is better than that. much better
1 Oct 2018, 20:08 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Cavalry Riflemen

Their abillity not mentioned on units bar. According to Abillity guide:

User: Does this aura/ability apply to my team-mates unit?

Look here on your UI. If you see the ability icon on top left corner of this portrait then the modifiers are applying to that unit. If you don't see it, then they are not applying

Now let's looks on this debuffed unit:

Also, here is better icon for abillity from gamefiles
4 Oct 2018, 18:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I don't know, which icon balance team choose for panzergrenadiers mark target abillity, due to technical issues with mod. But i would like to suggest this variant from gamefiles:
4 Oct 2018, 20:19 PM

Say, I remember seeing some Conscript repair package icons made by you I think, where did they go exactly? I kinda liked them.
4 Oct 2018, 21:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Say, I remember seeing some Conscript repair package icons made by you I think, where did they go exactly? I kinda liked them.

Here you go! It was part of QoL list, but this variants were srapped later due to their quality.
Conscript repair kit

I have made some variatns to better clarify, what abillity doing:

Variant 1

Variant 2

Variant 3

Variant 4 (my favorite)
4 Oct 2018, 21:22 PM

Here you go! It was part of QoL list, but this variants were srapped later due to their quality.

Ah, sad to hear. Regardless, they looked quite nice.
5 Oct 2018, 09:24 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I don't know, which icon balance team choose for panzergrenadiers mark target abillity, due to technical issues with mod. But i would like to suggest this variant from gamefiles:

My bad, to not re-using OKWish icon from Sturm Officer, i found in the gamefiles this "ost" variant

P.S. I made a muddle of 17-pounder and jagtiger icons. Jagdtiger using correct icon, but 17-pounder not. See the first post.
7 Oct 2018, 08:46 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So, 1.7 start working as intended, and I found this

Passive button is really exiting! But need to be moved to other slot. And mark target can use ost unused variant of mark target.

Sturmtiger defensive grenade

It looks like smoke grenade, but supposed to kill infantry
->

11 Oct 2018, 17:06 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Valentine
Cue to recon abillity doesn't scan anymore, it should get new icon for it. The most obvious variant
->

M-42 AT gun
In addition to proper canister shot icon i would like suggest an icon for passive vet 1 abillity

It used by british somehow (anvil or hammer bonus iirc).

Churchill crocodile in tectical support
Using incorrect icon
->

Artillery barrage for forward observation point
It's icon has excess timer
->

Recovery Royal Engineers
Maybe place their smoke grenade somewhere else, atm it occupies slot for attack the area.
->

Stormtroopers
Smoke grenade running from native slot after upgrade with schrek. Maybe move vehicle detection somewhere else?
->
11 Oct 2018, 18:35 PM

I hope the team sees this, as your suggestions and fixes are really good. Perhaps spam the feedback thread every now and again?
12 Oct 2018, 08:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I hope the team sees this, as your suggestions and fixes are really good. Perhaps spam the feedback thread every now and again?

Thank you, i appreciated! :)
I don't want to leave this siggestions in the feedback thread, because people there discussing balance. For bugs these suggestion not match as well. That's why i created separate thread, like i did it many times before for every patch since first community balance patch in winter 2016/2017. ^_^
12 Oct 2018, 19:52 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Issue with Stormtroopers and figuring out where all their items go is the boatload of abilities that unlock in doctrines. You have Sprint, stun grenades, interrogation as examples. I’ll take another glance but it is not the easiest thing to move around.

Sapper smoke grenades should be adjusted in position next update.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★