Login

russian armor

spread out for infantry

20 Sep 2013, 02:20 AM

it would be nice if there is a spread out button for the infantry squad, sometimes, my whole squad got killed coz they stand too close to each other, once u click spread out button, infantry solider will keep about 1m distance with each other"?
20 Sep 2013, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2013, 02:20 AMnwglfls
it would be nice if there is a spread out button for the infantry squad, sometimes, my whole squad got killed coz they stand too close to each other, once u click spread out button, infantry solider will keep about 1m distance with each other"?

Squad "stances" would be an interesting addition. Probably just auto, spread out, and close together. Auto does what it does today, spread out tries to maintain distance, and close keeps them close together (trying to all stick behind a piece of cover).

I would like this as well as a "stop f'ing moving" button. Let's just call it hold position or something. :) Prevents any auto cover seeking, etc.
20 Sep 2013, 17:42 PM

yea it would be cool like if you could click and drag away so the infantry could spread more or click and drag in to make them stay close to each other
20 Sep 2013, 17:57 PM

There wouldn't be much point to a close together stance setting because you'd rarely ever want to do that.

A good solution might just be to have the AI automatically spread out whenever the Halt button is pressed (default W).
20 Sep 2013, 17:58 PM

i would preffer a comand for roadwalk. since road provide a speed bonus. they would trade defence for speed. and give importance to placing mines on roads. it would also help your units to come back from the back faster.
20 Sep 2013, 19:17 PM

To be honest since COH1 I thought of everything above (stances, formations, hold fire, etc) even an alternative retreat option, but seeing how COH2 lacks ambition it won't happen.
20 Sep 2013, 22:58 PM

Watch the first few mins of this game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_MCt9KnwY and tell me that coh1 didnt have amazing inf movement, and distance apart and appreciation of the terrain. Now lets get this put back into coh2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★