Login

russian armor

NKVD Disruption Tactics

18 Sep 2013, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 01:38 AMBlovski

I dunno, I kind of feel the Howitzer with Recon Plane would really give you some serious toys for the end game of the doctrine as a reward for stumbling through without guards, shocks or conscript upgrades.

almost too powerful for 1v1. it is a nice conbo though.
18 Sep 2013, 17:19 PM

almost too powerful for 1v1. it is a nice conbo though.

German commander Joint Operation, has the recon flight and howitzer.
18 Sep 2013, 17:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2013, 17:19 PMAbdul

German commander Joint Operation, has the recon flight and howitzer.

you do have a point there.
18 Sep 2013, 17:55 PM

I have to agree that NKVD is BY FAR the worst commander in the game. Only radio intercept is good. Everything else is either "alright" or terrible.
18 Sep 2013, 17:58 PM

240 munitions is really heave price for an air strike. Even for the soviets.

(Edit: it's actually 200, but anyhow)

It needs to be made more usefull or have the cost reduced.

Anyway, I agree wtih the OP that this doctrine is too one sided. I would suggest swapping in the 120 mm mortar. I think it is only in one doctrine atm?
18 Sep 2013, 18:48 PM

240 munitions is really heave price for an air strike. Even for the soviets.

It needs to be made more usefull or have the cost reduced.

Anyway, I agree wtih the OP that this doctrine is too one sided. I would suggest swapping in the 120 mm mortar. I think it is only in one doctrine atm?

yes the heavy mortar is only in 1 doctrine right now is another one of my points to try to ad this unit to another commander.
18 Sep 2013, 19:31 PM

I don't think they'll change it but why not... many commanders are very one-sided, on both sides ;)
Rebalancing them would be good. There could still be munitions or fuel heavy commanders, just not as heavy as they are now.

Maybe they'll introduce new commander abilities when they push out new (DLC) commanders. An officer unit would definitely be interesting. It could be a Maxim squad with one guy switched for a commisar standing in the back. They could even push his abilities down that cliché "no retreat!" route but that might also cause another outcry from some Russian players.
18 Sep 2013, 20:29 PM

they changed the armoured assault one. or perhaps i was miss informed. i still wonder about who decided to make the nkvd like that and why?
19 Sep 2013, 14:39 PM

wheres nullist when you need him
21 Sep 2013, 01:36 AM

Permanently Banned
wheres nullist when you need him

hmm? what do you want?
21 Sep 2013, 16:00 PM

I actually like this commander and don't think he's 'horrible' but stacking munitions dumps is an ineffective spread of abilities. You are forced to pick and choose how to best spend your munitions, and while the variety of options can be nice you are never fully using your abilities as much as commanders with call ins or passive abilities.

I feel The NKVD rifle counterpart is the Jaeger Infantry doctrine which is pretty much the German equivalent for a munitions dump doctrine. I think people get that doctrine mostly for the G43s.

A howitzer/recon plane would be awesome. Talk about disruption.
21 Sep 2013, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2013, 01:36 AMNullist

hmm? what do you want?

it worked!

I actually like this commander and don't think he's 'horrible' but stacking munitions dumps is an ineffective spread of abilities. You are forced to pick and choose how to best spend your munitions, and while the variety of options can be nice you are never fully using your abilities as much as commanders with call ins or passive abilities.

I feel The NKVD rifle counterpart is the Jaeger Infantry doctrine which is pretty much the German equivalent for a munitions dump doctrine. I think people get that doctrine mostly for the G43s.

A howitzer/recon plane would be awesome. Talk about disruption.

i think the more equivalent would be the new TOW commander that is going to be added. it only has the officer call in.

a cheap munition skill. (global run)
and 3 munidump skills.
relief infantry.
light artillery.
and fragmentation bombs.

i think these commanders should both have the resources truck. (relic would have to make a Russian equivalent). it would balance more the fact that they have no units. and they have to defend those weak trucks with the standard units.
21 Sep 2013, 17:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I want to want to use this in 1v1 because of those sweet, sweet radio intercepts. I just can't bring myself to pick something that doesn't give me either Shock Troops or Guards. I imagine NKVD could be useful in 2v2 or 3v3. Anyone have any good experiences with it there?

Also, I must be an exception to the "all Soviet players float muni" rule because I often spend munitions as fast as I can get them. All of the various grenades, plus mines, flares, and mortar precision strikes... it gets expensive fast. I posit that if you're floating tons of munitions as Soviets, you're not playing the faction to its fullest. Anyway, that's just another reason for me to avoid this doctrine and its wonderful, beautiful maphacks radio intercepts.
21 Sep 2013, 17:30 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

^ ^

I disagree, I'm afraid.

If you play this commander in 4v4, the amount of intel it starts to pump out is so fast - (assuming the Ostheer is not sleeping) - that you simply cannot assimilate it usefully and know to which of the opposing 4 it applies (in the early game,at least)

In 1 v 1 ,it would presumably be slower and more useful, bcs it could only tell you about your oppo, but even then, the Ostheer is so restricted in its BO, that I doubt if you need this commander's intel, bcs you should be taking the initiative with SU, rather than reacting. And as you sagely state, if you can recruit Guards or Shocktroops, why hamstring yourself?
21 Sep 2013, 17:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Radio intercept is most of the time useless in teamgames because it gets drowned in the "X is lagging the game" that has to pop up every damn 5 seconds for no reason
21 Sep 2013, 22:12 PM

^ ^

I disagree, I'm afraid.

If you play this commander in 4v4, the amount of intel it starts to pump out is so fast - (assuming the Ostheer is not sleeping) - that you simply cannot assimilate it usefully and know to which of the opposing 4 it applies (in the early game,at least)

In 1 v 1 ,it would presumably be slower and more useful, bcs it could only tell you about your oppo, but even then, the Ostheer is so restricted in its BO, that I doubt if you need this commander's intel, bcs you should be taking the initiative with SU, rather than reacting. And as you sagely state, if you can recruit Guards or Shocktroops, why hamstring yourself?

it is a skill you have to practice. i get every messace scept when in deep combat.
22 Sep 2013, 03:19 AM

I want to want to use this in 1v1 because of those sweet, sweet radio intercepts. I just can't bring myself to pick something that doesn't give me either Shock Troops or Guards. I imagine NKVD could be useful in 2v2 or 3v3. Anyone have any good experiences with it there?

Also, I must be an exception to the "all Soviet players float muni" rule because I often spend munitions as fast as I can get them. All of the various grenades, plus mines, flares, and mortar precision strikes... it gets expensive fast. I posit that if you're floating tons of munitions as Soviets, you're not playing the faction to its fullest. Anyway, that's just another reason for me to avoid this doctrine and its wonderful, beautiful maphacks radio intercepts.

Disagree, I can make radio intercepts viable in a 1v1 game and its damn good. You do not need Shocks/Guards if you have solid combined arms micro with T2-T3 based play.

What I do is get 4 conscripts and play a flanking based style of play with molotovs. After you finish your T2 tech at this point you can generally get radio intercepts and see what you should build next whether you need an immediate ZiS-3 (FHT), mortar(heavy T1) or maxim (PG). Once you get the fuel for to T3, get a couple of T34/76 tanks and hold out til you can get an IS-2. Do not go T4, because my personal opinion is that T4 is utterly useless now without Guards. SU-85 are over nerfed and to easy to avoid or kill.

I am using Armoured Assault to do this and not NKVD though. I shall test with NKVD in the future. However, since flanking was reintroduced these two doctrines have become x5 time more better to play with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS