Login

russian armor

Mechanized grenadier group

24 Aug 2018, 13:57 PM

How do you best utilize this unit?

Unlike panzergrenadiers, grenadiers get decreased accuracy on the move right?
25 Aug 2018, 03:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

You don't :P

Sure, you do get a free LMG, but it costs far too much fuel for a vehicle that has no weapon of its own, can't level up, and can't reinforce nearby squads (Sdkfz. 250 sucks :( ). It would probably be worth it if it got a drastic cost decrease or if the Sdkfz. 250 got its own MG.

Panzergrenadiers actually do lose accuracy on the move, just 25% as opposed to 50%. However, an open-top halftrack counts as a Garrison, so they can fire out of the halftrack at maximum accuracy, burst duration, and cooldown.
25 Aug 2018, 10:10 AM
Donator 11

If you really want to utilize one, you can swap the squad for flamer pio or pgren. You can also try to use it at range with the lmg grens get. But like AtomicRockets said, it is not the best value for your manpower.

Btw. As far as I know every infantry unit in game gets decreased accurancy on the move, although some more than the others. Pgrens will do better than grens because they have higher dps, especially at med and close range. And they benefit a lot from the cover that vehicle gives them, as losing a single pgren model is 25% of the dps down. On the other hand, thanks to the vehicle grens can fire lmg on the move, something they can do only when stationary when on foot. That makes them pretty good at chasing retreating squads. Still, pgrens are often a better choice if you can afford them as their long range damage is pretty much equal to the one of lmg grens and it gets only better when the range becomes closer.

To sum up it is not the accurancy on the move modifier that makes pgrens good in vehicles but the fact that they won't lose models early to small arms fire, like they usually would.
27 Sep 2018, 17:16 PM

My approach with this unit is use it like a kubelwagen to decap far away points just to create a diversion or to get a fast way to move infantry from base to the front but you need a lot of micro , fight a battle and manage the inf come from the base after a retreat can be hard, i don´t have enough micro for that

But Sdkfz 250 fighting? always end bad in my games

27 Sep 2018, 18:01 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2018, 17:16 PMVertigo
My approach with this unit is use it like a kubelwagen to decap far away points just to create a diversion or to get a fast way to move infantry from base to the front but you need a lot of micro , fight a battle and manage the inf come from the base after a retreat can be hard, i don´t have enough micro for that

But Sdkfz 250 fighting? always end bad in my games

If you want a troop transport for capturing points, you are much better of with non-doc 251. And it can reinforce as well! The only reason to go 250 is to shoot out of it, either by creating a soviet style flame clown car, or by enabling one of your grens squad to shoot the lmg on the move. In combat you get the benefit of losing less manpower, as long as you can keep the ht alive, and the ability to move fast and shoot with weapons that normally shoot only when stationary.

Other than that, the vehicle is pointless. Even if you want to flank enemy positions and deploy a squad on his rear lines, you are still better with 251 because it lets you hide what kind of squad you are transporting and it can transport more than one squad at a time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★