Login

russian armor

Which faction is best late game?

17 Sep 2013, 09:24 AM

However, I've just started getting into CoH2 so I'm open to changing my mind. Now (finally) to my question: Which faction is the best late game? In CoH1, wehr was usually the best faction late game and there was a great dynamic were the americans had to push and be extremely aggressive early on, while the germans had to hang on in there and tech.

They are both very good in their own way.

You can have stronger late game faction with both German and Soviet faction, you just have to do well the rest of the game. (you can do fuck all to Soviet player having some SU85's, IS2, etc if you let him build up his army, and vice versa)

Don't listen to these German or Soviet biased players with blame square on "other factions God like units"......

German late game was only good if you did well in the rest of the game, pulling KT or Tiger didn't mean much if you had no other units.........

Also, Vet3 paratroopers make short work of tiger or KT, as do vet M10's and Perisher
So no excuse on units..

unit preservation veterancy vs purchased veterancy.. that wasn't in your game vocabulary, than you had problem with 'late German game'
17 Sep 2013, 11:58 AM

They are both very good in their own way.

You can have stronger late game faction with both German and Soviet faction, you just have to do well the rest of the game. (you can do fuck all to Soviet player having some SU85's, IS2, etc if you let him build up his army, and vice versa)

Don't listen to these German or Soviet biased players with blame square on "other factions God like units"......

I agree with this for 1v1. Whichever faction is ahead in the early game and mid-game is going to be OP late game.

If both factions are on even ground all the way through, it really depends on if the German player is getting an Elefant or not. The Elefant will simply rape Soviet T4 provided you can get it out quick enough without getting overwhelmed (hence why it isn't a real counter to T3, as you will get overwhelmed by T-34s).

However, in 2v2 (I don't play any team games higher than this), Soviets are definitely better due to cross-teching from both players (not to mention that troll KV-8 :p). In higher team games, I reckon Germans are better due to Opel Blitz stacking.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★