Login

russian armor

Stuart vs tanks

7 Aug 2018, 21:47 PM

Now that usf got vehicle mines. You could place one and then when the enemy tank rolls over its disabled for a short amount. Then the Stuart could move in while using blinding shot and then use point blank shot and cause vehicle engine damage.

Could this work in practice?
7 Aug 2018, 21:57 PM

Yeah, nice thinkin, its just a little bit dangerous, but since by the time opponents have tanks, stuarts lose much of their relevance, u dont have so much to lose
7 Aug 2018, 22:01 PM

The 2 abilities share a cooldown so the stuart could either blind or slow the vehicle but i think it is great in lategame as it helps shermans to win over p4s in 1(+1) vs 1 situations just by using the blindshot to allow the sherman to close in and get some shots of.
8 Aug 2018, 06:58 AM

The 2 abilities share a cooldown so the stuart could either blind or slow the vehicle but i think it is great in lategame as it helps shermans to win over p4s in 1(+1) vs 1 situations just by using the blindshot to allow the sherman to close in and get some shots of.

And take one or two raketen shots in the process so the Sherman can move on. :D
8 Aug 2018, 23:16 PM

I've been thinking of using 2x Stuarts to support riflemen and AT guns against t3/t4 Axis tanks. It would be micro-intensive but I think with Heavy Cav Combined Arms ability it could work. Unfortunately it all be very heavy on ammo usage.
9 Aug 2018, 00:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

2 Stuarts is an overinvestment. First there is the micro tax (getting them to use the Stun Shot), and second, Stuarts are 70FU apiece. Getting a Stuart would greatly delay any armor coming up later on. Also, Stuarts lack any real anti-infantry firepower.

I would say getting 1 Stuart is enough. Build it if your opponent invests in light vehicles (e.g. 251 HT, Luchs). After that P4 hits the field, just use it to babysit your M1 ATG, pop Stun Shot when the P4 engages.
9 Aug 2018, 00:51 AM

2 Stuarts is an overinvestment. First there is the micro tax (getting them to use the Stun Shot), and second, Stuarts are 70FU apiece. Getting a Stuart would greatly delay any armor coming up later on. Also, Stuarts lack any real anti-infantry firepower.

I would say getting 1 Stuart is enough. Build it if your opponent invests in light vehicles (e.g. 251 HT, Luchs). After that P4 hits the field, just use it to babysit your M1 ATG, pop Stun Shot when the P4 engages.

It's a thought experiment that I'd like to put into practice sometime. I'm aware of the Stuart's abilities being linked to the reload of the main weapon. Otherwise, micro shouldn't be an issue (I play Starcraft 2 which is far more faster paced). And honestly I'm not a fan of USF armor, which has failed me many times. I'd much prefer to rely on the riflemen, which is why I thought of using 2 Stuarts that are able to snare tanks that can kite riflemen. The 2nd Stuart is there to increase the chance of Stun Round/Engine Shot actually activating.

I'd like to post a replay if I ever get around to this.

10 Aug 2018, 16:56 PM

if you don't mind high micro you can play lt with m20 or m15 aaht maybe a hmg or 2 then tech to captain get at gun if needed otherwise a single stuart asap and at guns if needed and wait for the pershing as call in
11 Aug 2018, 07:07 AM

Sounds like a chore. USF is already overly complex and micro intensive as it is I don't think this would be particularly effective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★