Login

russian armor

Assorted current Commander suggestions.

7 Jul 2018, 22:56 PM

Hello, so this is a follow-up to my "New Commander concept ideas" thread.

Here I will post suggestions gathered from my own ideas and experiences together with what I've read and talked with people about.

So, I'll start with the USF first:

Airborne Company:

I have largely found or seen no problem with this commander except for people noting on the sometimes unreliable rocket strike, so perhaps a look at the balance of this ability is needed however I will not touch on the matter as I believe and have been told numerous times (by Katitof) that I don't have the experience to do so, and I admit that, however I will just suggest that this become a mixed-wing ability that has both Air strafing and Rocket Planes as I believe that if it remains as it is, at least give it some utility against infantry as well.

The only other suggestion I have is that I really liked the supply/weapon drop ability from both the vanilla CoH Airborne Company as well as the Ardennes Assault Able Company, so perhaps doing like the Osttruppen "Supply Drop" would actually be beneficial here in replacing the .50 cal air drop with again a "Supply Drop" that drops both 2 supply craters with some munitions and fuel in them as well as a .50 cal and an M1 81mm Mortar, or at least 2 bazookas.

Apart from that some more "radical" changes which I won't go into too much because I know they probably will be disliked a lot is giving the 57mm AT gun Air Drop a crew because you can't reinforce airborne in the field as easily as in CoH and giving the Airborne a Bazooka upgrade as well as a 3rd option apart from their Thompsons and LMGs so they're not complete useless against enemy armor.

Infantry Company:

I think this Commander is fine for the most apart, of course except for the small overlap of the Mortar HT and the now non-doctrinal USF Mortar but that's just my opinion, still being mobile and having a few extra barrage abilities is nice to have, and I really like how it's in essence the Infantry Company from vanilla CoH, very nostalgic, at least to me.

Rifle Company:

And here we come to the slightly debated USF Commander, the Rifle Company.

Now personally, when I think or hear about this commander the first thing that comes to my mind is the M4A3E8 Sherman (Fury lol), now that's the problem, this commander's theme is supposed to be focused on the Riflemen and their support, and the E8 doesn't really provide that, I mean sure you get a nice Medium tank to back up your Riflemen that's about it, they have no other connection, now if the Rifles could ride on the tank or the commander had the combined arms ability it might make more sense but yeah...

So what I suggest is simple, replace the E8 with either an M3 or an M5 Halftrack call in with the ability to drop medical supplies so the Rifles can more easily and reliably reinforce in the field instead of just having to constantly rely on their extremely fragile WC54 Ambulance truck in their rear lines.

Now before you jump the gun just bare with me here, I'll get to the E8 in a second. Apart from that some other suggestions are replacing the RE Flamethowers because again, this is a commander centered around the RIfles with the M1919A6 LMG weapon rack unlock and combining the Sprint and Flares into one ability because individually they're useless and just taking up commander slots, and sticking in riflemen field defenses from the Infantry Company, again, something to help the Rifles hold the line or just lay a few mines around the place. So with all of this here's how the new Rifle Company would look like:

Advanced Training (Fire up/Sprint mixed with Flares)

Riflemen Field Defenses (from Infantry Company like already mentioned)

M1919A6 LMG weapon rack unlock

M3/M5 Halftrack support

White Phosphorus Smoke Barrage

Armored Company:

Armor is good for the most part due to the M10, however as I myself have noticed and read from other people that the effectiveness of the Assault Engineers and M4A3 105 Sherman is very questionable at best and the uselessness of the "Elite Crews" upgrade is undeniable.

So, with the heavy breathing I feel down my neck, I think this is where the E8 belongs in. That with perhaps a 5 man buff to the Assault Engineers to increase their survivability, however the problem here is that if the E8 is in Armor, it will easily overshadow everything else in the commander just like in Rifle Company.

Another alternative commander loadout I've thought of is this:

Raid

M8 Greyhound (would help with Raid)

M10 Wolverine Tank Destroyer

M26 Pershing

240mm Howitzer Barrage

This would be a straight buff and perhaps even borderline OP but it would be what this doctrine should be all about, American Armor. Now I also thought about the Calliope as to make the doctrine completely reminiscent of it's vanilla CoH counterpart however the Pershing/Calliope combo would be OP on it's on, let alone with everything else.

So in short, the Ass Engies need some sort of improvement, the Elite Crew upgrade needs to be replaced and the M4A3 105 Sherman needs to be looked at, at least that's what I think and what I've read so it's entirely possible I'm wrong here, but I leave the balancing entirely up to the community dev team.

Recon Support Company:

I think that the vanilla commander made more sense as it more focused on on the actual reconnaissance side of things and "knowing is only half the battle" compared to now the addition of Raid and the M83 Cluster bomb abilities.

I really have no further comments on this commander as I've never played with him, just noting my remarks.

Mechanized Company:

For this Commander I think that it's odd for what it's name says, but what actually it focuses on.

For a Company that should support the mixed combat arm of Infantry and Vehicles, it does little to do so.

Raid helps light vehicles by allowing them to quickly capture territory without needing the crews to get out and be exposed, however this is actually counter-intuitive when you keep in mind that you're supposed to have infantry on the field already capturing points, so I think that the best and most simplest course of action would be to just replace it with Combined Arms as it should be, as the name suggests, the main focus of this doctrine.

Apart from that, I think the other serious offender here is the M3 Assault Engineer call in which is just plain weird, I mean even in the description it says that the M3 is meant to provide cover for the Ass Engineers while they dismantle obstacles in the field which is just lol on all accounts. My suggestion here is to give back the M3 it's crew and replace the Ass Engies with Cavalry Riflemen as I've already suggested many times before. This would provide the doctrine with a proper CQC unit along with a mobile armored reinforcement point.

As for the rest of the Company, I think it's mostly fine, again there is a bit of an overlap with the default mortar and Mortar HT but I guess it's nice to have some mobile indirect fire support for that pesky MG in the building or whatever, but as I and other people have noticed, the M4A3 76(W) Sherman is really lacking compared to the E8, and I say compared because the E8 is miles better while only costing 5 more fuel, so either a price reduction is in order or a straight buff, perhaps the addition of changing rounds like the vanilla Sherman? I'll leave it to the community dev team once again.

Tactical Support Company:

Now we're getting to the "big" boys, in the little time I've spent with this Doctrine I have truly learned to appreciate the destructive power of 30 rockets fired from an armored chassis and the dual purposed M5 Halftrack that could both be used an effective AA umbrella for the Calliopes and a Clown Car for your LMG equipped Riflemen doing drive-bys as if it was Depression Era America.

Unfortunately I find nothing "tactical" about this at all, apart from the Calliope and M5 AA combo, so my suggestion here is either replacing the M1919A6 LMG weapon rack unlock or the Recon run with 5 man Ass Engies squad or an flamethrower armed Sherman Crocodile (available in the All Units Mod by SnakeEye). At least to me, nothing screams more tactical than a CQC unit that can plant explosives, think modern day US Navy Seals, or perhaps Rangers? Again, I'll leave it to the community dev team.

Heavy Cavalry Company:

Now this is a weird tomato in a basket full of apples if I've ever seen one, the tin says "Heavy CAVALRY Company" but in reality it's a weird mix put together of 2 "elite" US units, for one reason or another, even if the name was suggested by the community, I still don't see the point of this commander like I've already said a couple of times now, are you meant to blob Rangers around the Pershing and use Combined Arms? Can you even blob Rangers effectively since they cost so much? Is it worth it to blob Rangers or Riflemen around your regular Shermans? So many unanswered questions.

So here is my suggested loadout change for this commander:

Off Map Smoke Barrage

Cavalry Riflemen M3 Assault Group (replaces Rangers)

Combined Arms

M4A3 76(W) Sherman or M4A3E8 Sherman, whichever makes more sense or is more balanced

M26 Pershing

Now this will come off as a bit OP perhaps but the idea is to remain mobile and have heavy armored support, plus the E8s will finally be in a commander in which they might not overshadow everything else.

With this loadout you would actually have an infantry unit capable of keeping up with your Armor while being better protected and have good Armor (in numbers) on which the potential of Combined Arms will not be wasted on like it is now on a singular Pershing or 1 or 2 regular Shermans.

UKF:

I honestly don't have any gripes with the British Regiments for the most part, however there are a few exceptions -

Royal Artillery Regiment:

As I have noticed, many people have started referring to this doctrine as their go to for some reason recently and many have also voted for it to be changed.

So there are my suggestions:

Replace early warning with the 25 Pounder Emplacement from SnakeEye's "All Units Mod", this would directly affect the following 2 abilities in the doctrine:

Concentration Barrage and Perimeter Overwatch

Now for each of these I have sub-suggestions -

For Concentration Barrage, allow it to fire in the fog of war

For Perimeter Overwatch, either just give all 25 pounders the ability to cast Overwatch in the user's desired location like in the original CoH or replace it entirely with an ability that grants the 25 pounders and Sextons advanced Artillery abilities again, like in the original CoH to expand their utility.

Tactical Support Regiment:

I recently read about a suggestion of the Recovery Sappers being able to "secure" territory for additional resources and for the Observation Posts to grant their ability to FAs as well so they're not completely useless when not near the fighting which I really liked.

Well, this is about it for the UKF.

OKW:

Due to my lack of experience with most of the OKW Commanders except for a select few (for example Fortifications, Elite Armor and Breakthrough) I'll keep it short, the same as the UKF section here as well.

Breakthrough Doctrine:

I think that most of the problems here are in the Call-In units, Panzerfusiliers pretty much replace Volksgrenadiers as I myself have tested and as other people have written, Sturm Offiziers are under utilized because the risk of having the officer model killed and all squads around them retreating far outweight the benefits of having then around and after the recent nerfs the Jagdtiger is not worth it anymore either, plus it just doesn't make sense having an extremely slow moving and heavy tank destroyer in a doctrine centered around Assaulting enemy lines so these are my suggestions -

Sturm Offizier does not cause infantry around him to retreat if the officer model is lost if the command aura is not improved.

Jagdtiger is replaced with the Sturm Tiger, a true "Assault" gun.

Something may or may not be done with the Panzerfusiliers, perhaps making it so they need Volks but still be effective or I don't know, I have no ideas what to do with them but I honestly have no problem with them replacing the Volks, not everybody plays with this Doctrine anyhow.

Elite Armored Doctrine:

Emergency Repairs and the Panzer Commander abilities as said by many other people need to be brought in line with the rest of the such abilities because they are currently very underwhelming.

The only other change I could suggest is swapping the Sturm Tiger with the Jagdtiger, I also think that perhaps the JT could use the buffs of the Command Panther but I have no idea how to include the CP in this doctrine because Signal Relay and the HEAT rounds feel right at home here.

That's about it for the OKW as well.

OST:

Due to the sheer amount of Eastern Front Army commanders I will be mostly targetting specific abilities that as I have experienced and read on here need serious looking at:

Relief Infantry - Need to be flat out replaced by Osttruppen in my opinion, the Ostheer is already a munition and low squad number Army, forcing them to basically pay ammunition and throw infantry away in order to get back Osttruppen is just nonsense to me and many other people.

250 Halftrack - Needs to either receive veterancy from nearby units and be able to reinforce or get an MG and be able to reinforce again because without infantry in it's hold it's just useless, but even for a 30 fuel and however much manpower taxi it's still underwhelming and you're better off just teching to either get the Grens or PGs.

Osttruppen - Need a Panzerbusche 39 AT rifle package upgrade, Panzerfausts are not usable inside structures which hinders the Osttruppens' garrisoned natured. Panzerfausts of course can be locked out after the research to the AT rifle package is complete, I think it's a fair trade instead of having a Panzerfaust and MG42 for 2 AT rifles.

Entrenching Tools - Need to be combined with Tank Traps in my opinion, it would save a slot in the Defensive Doctrine which perhaps can be used for an Osttruppen call in to man the line or a LefH 19? I have no idea, but I don't think Tank Traps are that much worth it to waste an entire slot.

Apart from that I don't remember what much else in the huge Ost Arsenal needs looking at so feel free to suggest more here and I'll see about editing them in.

SOV:

And finally we have the Soviets my uhhh, least favorite and played Army, apart from their vehicle self-repair ability commanders, I just love having tanks that can self-repair.

Strangely enough tho, I actually like most Soviet commanders and find them well designed around their "themes" so to speak, that or I just don't understand them, one or the other.

Apart from that, I still think that the "rapid conscription" ability which is just basically the Soviet variant of the Ostheer reserve infantry is counter-intuitive in a game where you're encouraged to preserve your infantry instead of just paying munitions and throwing them into the meat grinder in order to get more squads out, if you need manpower I think it's a better option to just straight off trade munitions for squads or do like the Blitzkrieg doctrine in CoH and have an ability give you manpower but give you a decreased amount of manpower for a set amount of time.

Closing words:

Welp, that's it for the most part, like I said I just based this on my own experienced combined with what I've read on here in hopes some good ideas are given to the community dev team so they can further improve the current commanders. All of these ideas are of course subject to a lot of balance and design consideration and so forth and are not perfect but I think they're good enough for a tired guy writing them in the middle of the night so yeah.

Like I already mentioned I'll add and edit anything new that's suggested.

Cheers.
8 Jul 2018, 03:14 AM

A lot to cover, so just my two Austalian cents:

Airborne: You mention unreliable rocket strikes, and now I'm getting flash backs from the time I called one in, and instead of hitting a tank, it flattened the large building that my ally was occupying. Good times.

Rifle Company: Rifleman Field Defenses would really fit in. Makes me think it was supposed to be part of the Company a long time ago. I think removing the E8 will hurt the end-game though, even if their mid-game does improve vastly.

Armored Company: Raid and M-8 Greyhound are actually really nice additions, but I've always felt that the M-8 Greyhound comes out way too late to impact the mid-game before legit tanks reach the field.

Recon Support Company: It does feel like Airborne+ at times, though Raid does seem out of place, given the infantry options in the doctrine.

Mechanized Company: The point of raid is to relatively safely drive deep into enemy territory to go for a cut-off point or other high value resource point - places infantry can't typically reach safely or quickly. That said, Combined Arms would make equal - if not more - value here.

The 76 and Easy Eight are in a strange spot, yeah. I think when they tried to balance the price and timing of the 76 as a call-in for Soviets was one thing, but making it opportunity cost for the USF was a strange interaction effect.

I also don't remember much of the Ardennes Assault (bugs and all), so could I get a crash course on what Cavalry Riflemen are?

Tactical Support: Idk, I feel like this Company is in the best spot right now - long ranged combat. I'm totally for a Crocodile Sherman though, even if there's some overlap with the bulldozer sherman.

Heavy Cavalry Company: I think the Company is meant to defensively hold long enough for the Pershing, though that makes little sense since the Germans are typically far better in that regard. I think Rangers in the M3 Halftrack (if only for a Thompson gangster driveby) that can upgrade to double m1919s would be a good mobile defense option. I don't think Rangers are there to blob, but merely to be the top end close quarters unit to work in tandem with the jack of all trades Riflemen, not instead of them.

And yeah, having the Easy Eight in a company where the opportunity cost is for T4 + a tank, or for the only Heavy tank. Getting both seems like a pipe dream, for better or worse.

Royal Artillery: From what I've heard, Concentration Barrage is basically the main reason to take this, because it's relatively affordable as far as British Off-map artillery goes. I also feel like they should get Counter Battery, but that would conflict with this ability for the most part.

As for a 25 Pounder, idk. Most people are hesitant to build a Mortar emplacement, so a 25 Pounder anywhere on the map is redundant.

I also think they removed the Concentration Barrage going into fog of war specifically to prevent it from deleting OKW bases without line of site.

Breakthrough: Sturmtiger here makes a lot of sense actually.

Elite Armored: Jagdtiger here - or maybe even both here - could be interesting, but then again, would make this doctrine only for team games. I think the Command Panther in here alongside the Jadgtiger would be an interesting utilization of the HEAT shells.

OST and SOV thoughts are on the money for me.

Aight, cool.
8 Jul 2018, 08:05 AM

Yeah i agree with all of it exept the one that you remove E8 from rifle company we dont need half track i would replace it there
8 Jul 2018, 11:45 AM

id personally combine m1919 and field defenses which would also give extra slot for infantry company, but im quite sure people won't like it
8 Jul 2018, 12:17 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Give Cavalry Rifleman (with less abilities) to Rifle Company. Makes sense on that company.

8 Jul 2018, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2018, 12:17 PMnigo
Give Cavalry Rifleman (with less abilities) to Rifle Company. Makes sense on that company.

I made a thread about it People said they want them to be on the mechanised commander and be on the top of the half track
8 Jul 2018, 16:20 PM

A lot to cover, so just my two Austalian cents:

Airborne: You mention unreliable rocket strikes, and now I'm getting flash backs from the time I called one in, and instead of hitting a tank, it flattened the large building that my ally was occupying. Good times.

Rifle Company: Rifleman Field Defenses would really fit in. Makes me think it was supposed to be part of the Company a long time ago. I think removing the E8 will hurt the end-game though, even if their mid-game does improve vastly.

Armored Company: Raid and M-8 Greyhound are actually really nice additions, but I've always felt that the M-8 Greyhound comes out way too late to impact the mid-game before legit tanks reach the field.

Recon Support Company: It does feel like Airborne+ at times, though Raid does seem out of place, given the infantry options in the doctrine.

Mechanized Company: The point of raid is to relatively safely drive deep into enemy territory to go for a cut-off point or other high value resource point - places infantry can't typically reach safely or quickly. That said, Combined Arms would make equal - if not more - value here.

The 76 and Easy Eight are in a strange spot, yeah. I think when they tried to balance the price and timing of the 76 as a call-in for Soviets was one thing, but making it opportunity cost for the USF was a strange interaction effect.

I also don't remember much of the Ardennes Assault (bugs and all), so could I get a crash course on what Cavalry Riflemen are?

Tactical Support: Idk, I feel like this Company is in the best spot right now - long ranged combat. I'm totally for a Crocodile Sherman though, even if there's some overlap with the bulldozer sherman.

Heavy Cavalry Company: I think the Company is meant to defensively hold long enough for the Pershing, though that makes little sense since the Germans are typically far better in that regard. I think Rangers in the M3 Halftrack (if only for a Thompson gangster driveby) that can upgrade to double m1919s would be a good mobile defense option. I don't think Rangers are there to blob, but merely to be the top end close quarters unit to work in tandem with the jack of all trades Riflemen, not instead of them.

And yeah, having the Easy Eight in a company where the opportunity cost is for T4 + a tank, or for the only Heavy tank. Getting both seems like a pipe dream, for better or worse.

Royal Artillery: From what I've heard, Concentration Barrage is basically the main reason to take this, because it's relatively affordable as far as British Off-map artillery goes. I also feel like they should get Counter Battery, but that would conflict with this ability for the most part.

As for a 25 Pounder, idk. Most people are hesitant to build a Mortar emplacement, so a 25 Pounder anywhere on the map is redundant.

I also think they removed the Concentration Barrage going into fog of war specifically to prevent it from deleting OKW bases without line of site.

Breakthrough: Sturmtiger here makes a lot of sense actually.

Elite Armored: Jagdtiger here - or maybe even both here - could be interesting, but then again, would make this doctrine only for team games. I think the Command Panther in here alongside the Jadgtiger would be an interesting utilization of the HEAT shells.

OST and SOV thoughts are on the money for me.

Aight, cool.

Yes, you are all correct about the E8, however like I said the name of the Commander is Rifle Company and instead of mostly focusing on the Rifles it instead is mainly chosen because of the E8 so that's my main problem, it's pseudo centered around a theme it pseudo follows and that's where it ends, the E8 overshadows everything else really, not just the rest of the commander, right now it's even my go to doctrine as USF because of the lack of effectiveness in the Mechanized Company 76(W) Shermans or the singular Pershing in Heavy Cav, there is just nothing close that comes to the E8 in any other company that can rival it.

As for the Cav Rifles, they are basically the normal Riflemen but mounted in an M3 Halftrack and all armed with M1 Thompson sub-machine guns for close quarter combat, making them an excellent hit and run unit combined with the Halftrack. As far as I remember there were also some smaller difference in terms of abilities and so forth compared to the normal Riflemen.

And lastly for the 25 pounder, my idea comes from AEgion's "Balance mod" in which he has implemented them by default: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1417051983

They are basically unlocked by researching Anvil and fit quite well if I'm honest, they also play very similarly to how the CoH Brit 25 pounders played. You should try it yourself to see what I mean.

He also replaced the Mortar Pit with a mobile 3-inch mortar team which is a huge improvement for the British in-direct fire capabilities, they just need to be able to garrison trenches and you would in effect have something similar to the already present Mortar Pit, just not as difficult to balance perhaps.
8 Jul 2018, 17:46 PM

That's the nature of almost all commanders: they're chosen based on one or two abilities. For Rifle Company that's Rear Echelon flamers and to a limited extent the E8.
8 Jul 2018, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2018, 17:46 PMLago
That's the nature of almost all commanders: they're chosen based on one or two abilities. For Rifle Company that's Rear Echelon flamers and to a limited extent the E8.

Surely you jest sir, Mechanized Assault for Ostheer is an overall good early (because of Ass Grens) and no need for teching commander that also includes the Tiger, almost everything in it is good except for the PG 250 HT group call in and to a lesser extent the StuG E, for the British the Special Weapons Regiment also provides an all around good roster of abilities including the Boys AT Rifle Section, the Weapons HT that can be used as a mobile Forward Assembly and the Churchill Croc which is underwhelming a bit right now but it's still there, not to mention that in the few times I have used Hold the Line and had line of sight on enemies it performed mildly well.

Fortifications for the OKW too, I can also name numerous more commanders that are chosen because they're all around useful not just because of 1 or 2 abilities or units.
8 Jul 2018, 18:38 PM

Chosen based on one or two abilities. There are relatively few commanders that get picked for just being generally useful all around. Blitzkrieg is one.

Most of the time there's one or two power abilities that the commander gets picked for and the other abilities are used because they're there.

Ass Grens

...earned that nickname.
18 Jul 2018, 18:37 PM

Alright so I added 2 more suggestions for the Ostheer since I've been playing around with them for the last few days.

Feel free to leave feedback and your own suggestions.
18 Jul 2018, 21:31 PM

My suggestions for Commander rework

2cents before the flamewar. It is only a idea first for OKW. I got also the other ones, but too much typing for one evening. So there are no changes for USF, UK, SOV or Ostheer. So don't bother talking about that.

OKW

https://picload.org/view/dldocwll/elitearmoreddoctrine.png.html]
Slightly changed Elite Armored Doctrine.

Signal Relay
- Still the same ability, maybe less pricely.

Emergency Repairs
- Decrease price and bring it in line with other repair abilities. Currently it is the worst.

Panzer Commander
- Currently a downgrade. Improve the range from the artillery, decrease price and buff the effect.
- provides sight bonus + accuracy bonus.

HEAT Rounds
- Remove Accuracy penalty. Costly timed abilitiy. If you buy it, you should get the few rounds out. Period.

And here is the greatest change
Panther Command Tank
It is all about Elite Armored Vehicles and the Panther Cmd Tank fits most in my humble opinion. Better than a Sturmtiger.

Fortifications Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldocwww/fortificationsdoctrine.png.html

Heavy Fortifications
- Same CP unlock as before

Field Defenses
- Volksgrenadiers can build minefields and bunkers
- Riegel Mine as dedicated AT mine and S-Mine (single ones for 20ammo each) can be layed, replacing Schu-Mine
- The Bunkers are replaced with the wooden ones from campaign

For the Fatherland
- Fits better than Firestorm Commander
- It is all about holding own territory

PAK43 Emplacement

leFH18 Artillery

Luftwaffe Ground Forces

https://picload.org/view/dldoigdl/luftwaffegroundforcesdoctrine.png.html

Fallschirmjäger
- able to upgrade scopes and bipods for FG42 giving small buff on long range

PAK43
- i would like to have the 88, but sadly this must replace it

StuKa Close Air Support
- focusing about Inf combat, it is a help against tanks and in good ol' memory of the Henschel

Overwatch Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldoigir/overwatch.png.html

Forward Receivers
- merged with Early warning

Jäger Light Recon Squad
- slightly changed, read below

Artillery Flares
- scout ability

The doctrine is about reconnaissance, and so it got the trucks, a squad, a ability and is than able to unleash hell with artillery.

Scavenge Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldoigpl/scavengedoctrine.png.html

Thorough Salvage
- no change

Jäger Volks Upgrade
- G43 vor Volksgrenadiers and sprinting

A recovery vehicle could also be possible. I miss my Bergetiger :-)

Spec Ops

https://picload.org/view/dldoigwl/specops.png.html
More drastical changes

Infiltration Tactics (could also be Ambush tactics)

StG44 as before

Goliath
- fitting more the Special Operations

Sturmtiger
- a place for the replaced Command Panther and kinda fitting imho

General changes:
+ Vehicle turrets will not recenter when decrewed/abandoned
+ Vehicle top gunner killed critical added where applicable
+ Vehicle minimap icons scaled up or down depending on the vehicle's size; those which have an incorrect minimap icon now get the correct one
+ All HMGs now get auto-reload when out of combat or manual reload
+ All infantry and vehicle veterency requirements adjusted (mostly decreasing)
+ S-mines are now built as one small group instead of as a field with warning signs.
+ new icons

General OKW changes:

Sturmpioneers
+ Sturmpioneer squad training time and reinforcement time decreased
+ Sturmpioneer squad population usage somewhat reduced and target size slightly reduced
+ Sturmpioneer MP44 weapon profile brought a little close to Panzergrenadier MP44 profile (i.e. buffed)
+ Sturmpioneers can now always upgrade to flamethrowers
+ Vet 1 ability is now Concussin Grenade
+ can lay down Riegel AT mine
+ Schu-Mine dedicated Anti Inf mine now

IR Halftrack
+ SdKfz 251/20 IR half-track armor and speed somewhat increasedI
+ scans the area, scanned units are easier to hit with Infrared StG44

Königstiger
+ Königstiger frontal armor increased and veterency bonuses overhauled

Fallschirmjäger
+ Fallschirmjäger received accuracy and reinforcement time decreased
+ Fallschirmjäger FG42 accuracy very slightly increased

Sturmoffizier
+ Sturm Offizier death does not force surrounding squads to retreat

leFH18
+ leFH 18 artillery given proper vet 4 & 5 bonuses (by default are copies of vet 2 & 3)

Jäger Recon Squad
+ range slightly increased to perform as support unit
+ upgradeable to full G43 squad

18 Jul 2018, 22:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Luftwaffe Ground Forces:
Let's give the Fallshrimjaeger some more utility: in the form of the ability to construct slit trenches. This gives them more defensive and holdout capability and is shared by Sturmpioneers of the same doctrine.

Heavy Cavalry Company:
How bout a change for the M26 Pershing to improve its survivability: at veterancy 1 improved acceleration is replaces with vehicle self-repair, an ability that was once used by the Soviet T-70 light tank. The heavy tank slowly repairs itself over time, even in combat. Costs 45 munitions and weapons are disabled for the duration of the repair or until health is full, the tank is not immobile while repairing.

My suggestion for the new commanders so far (See details in New Commander concepts):

USF Armored Support Company
0CP M4 Sherman Crocodile
2CP Combined Arms Tactics
7CP Sandbag Front
10CP Allied War Machine
13CP M26 Pershing

British Rapid Assault Regiment
2CP Tommy Assault Section
4CP 25 Pounder Smoke Barrage
5CP M3A1 75mm Halftrack
5CP Bren Carrier Assault Upgrade
12CP Coordinated Barrage

General change for Soviet, OST, USF, and UKF:
The first cache costs 200 manpower but increases to 250 manpower if there are any owned caches present on the battlefield (either under construction or already built). This improves counterplay against early raiding and harassment and overall saves 50 manpower assuming you keep at least one cache standing for the whole match. It also improves strategy by giving player the need to choose an early vital sector to secure.

Churchill Crocodile:
Modify the stats of the main gun so it has the same power and rate of fire as the Churchill MK VII. At least it can hold its own against a single medium tank.
20 Jul 2018, 22:00 PM

My suggestions for Commander rework

2cents before the flamewar. It is only a idea first for OKW. I got also the other ones, but too much typing for one evening. So there are no changes for USF, UK, SOV or Ostheer. So don't bother talking about that.

OKW

https://picload.org/view/dldocwll/elitearmoreddoctrine.png.html]
Slightly changed Elite Armored Doctrine.

Signal Relay
- Still the same ability, maybe less pricely.

Emergency Repairs
- Decrease price and bring it in line with other repair abilities. Currently it is the worst.

Panzer Commander
- Currently a downgrade. Improve the range from the artillery, decrease price and buff the effect.
- provides sight bonus + accuracy bonus.

HEAT Rounds
- Remove Accuracy penalty. Costly timed abilitiy. If you buy it, you should get the few rounds out. Period.

And here is the greatest change
Panther Command Tank
It is all about Elite Armored Vehicles and the Panther Cmd Tank fits most in my humble opinion. Better than a Sturmtiger.

Fortifications Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldocwww/fortificationsdoctrine.png.html

Heavy Fortifications
- Same CP unlock as before

Field Defenses
- Volksgrenadiers can build minefields and bunkers
- Riegel Mine as dedicated AT mine and S-Mine (single ones for 20ammo each) can be layed, replacing Schu-Mine
- The Bunkers are replaced with the wooden ones from campaign

For the Fatherland
- Fits better than Firestorm Commander
- It is all about holding own territory

PAK43 Emplacement

leFH18 Artillery

Luftwaffe Ground Forces

https://picload.org/view/dldoigdl/luftwaffegroundforcesdoctrine.png.html

Fallschirmjäger
- able to upgrade scopes and bipods for FG42 giving small buff on long range

PAK43
- i would like to have the 88, but sadly this must replace it

StuKa Close Air Support
- focusing about Inf combat, it is a help against tanks and in good ol' memory of the Henschel

Overwatch Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldoigir/overwatch.png.html

Forward Receivers
- merged with Early warning

Jäger Light Recon Squad
- slightly changed, read below

Artillery Flares
- scout ability

The doctrine is about reconnaissance, and so it got the trucks, a squad, a ability and is than able to unleash hell with artillery.

Scavenge Doctrine

https://picload.org/view/dldoigpl/scavengedoctrine.png.html

Thorough Salvage
- no change

Jäger Volks Upgrade
- G43 vor Volksgrenadiers and sprinting

A recovery vehicle could also be possible. I miss my Bergetiger :-)

Spec Ops

https://picload.org/view/dldoigwl/specops.png.html
More drastical changes

Infiltration Tactics (could also be Ambush tactics)

StG44 as before

Goliath
- fitting more the Special Operations

Sturmtiger
- a place for the replaced Command Panther and kinda fitting imho

General changes:
+ Vehicle turrets will not recenter when decrewed/abandoned
+ Vehicle top gunner killed critical added where applicable
+ Vehicle minimap icons scaled up or down depending on the vehicle's size; those which have an incorrect minimap icon now get the correct one
+ All HMGs now get auto-reload when out of combat or manual reload
+ All infantry and vehicle veterency requirements adjusted (mostly decreasing)
+ S-mines are now built as one small group instead of as a field with warning signs.
+ new icons

General OKW changes:

Sturmpioneers
+ Sturmpioneer squad training time and reinforcement time decreased
+ Sturmpioneer squad population usage somewhat reduced and target size slightly reduced
+ Sturmpioneer MP44 weapon profile brought a little close to Panzergrenadier MP44 profile (i.e. buffed)
+ Sturmpioneers can now always upgrade to flamethrowers
+ Vet 1 ability is now Concussin Grenade
+ can lay down Riegel AT mine
+ Schu-Mine dedicated Anti Inf mine now

IR Halftrack
+ SdKfz 251/20 IR half-track armor and speed somewhat increasedI
+ scans the area, scanned units are easier to hit with Infrared StG44

Königstiger
+ Königstiger frontal armor increased and veterency bonuses overhauled

Fallschirmjäger
+ Fallschirmjäger received accuracy and reinforcement time decreased
+ Fallschirmjäger FG42 accuracy very slightly increased

Sturmoffizier
+ Sturm Offizier death does not force surrounding squads to retreat

leFH18
+ leFH 18 artillery given proper vet 4 & 5 bonuses (by default are copies of vet 2 & 3)

Jäger Recon Squad
+ range slightly increased to perform as support unit
+ upgradeable to full G43 squad

Agreed with most if not all if these, just one thing, I suggest giving this Jaeger Recon squad flares with vet similar to the Panzerfusiliers.

And I just realized that we had the same idea for a German recon squad as well as the heavy tank swaps in doctrines.

I guess great minds think alike after all haha.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that there is a recovery Halftrack for the Wehrmacht in the All Units Mod similar to the bergetiger for the PE.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 32
Germany 756
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L