Login

russian armor

My Non-Competitive Doctrine Ideas

7 Jul 2018, 13:51 PM

So yeah, to preface, I don't play this game competitively against players. Besides keeping my heart rate low, I get enough satisfaction from Hard or Expert AI, with friends, or just clutching against a drawn out end-game. But here are my ideas on minor doctrine changes, and workable new doctrines.

Here we go.

New Joke Doctrine: Australian Regiment. Use dogged infantry and General Monash tactics to slowly advance with defensive actions and combined arms advances.

0) Aussie Digger Section; 4 Man Infantry Section that can dig trenches 50% faster, spout aussie slang, and can throw improvised tin can grenades (Rear Echelon rifle grenade damage) for 5 Munitions. Can be upgraded with OWEN SMGs, letting them camouflage in Mud and Cover.

3) Kangaroo Carrier; Back from the Opposing Fronts past. Armored like a M4A3 Sherman, one LMG, carries up to 2 squads and lets 4 boyos shoot out. 270 Manpower, 40 Fuel, 6 Population Cap

4) Concentrated Artillery Barrage

7) Matilda Heavy Tank; Basically a Valentine in terms of overall stats, but with no auxillary abilities, making it basically only useful for taking damage. 280 Manpower, 75 Fuel, 9 Population Cap.

8) Hold The Line

......Okay, now that's out of my system...

Soviets:

Anti-Infantry Tactics: Replace Fear Propoganda or Incendiary Artillery Barrage with the DshK Machine Gun

Partisan Tactics: Partisans get an extra man to maximum squad size for each tech building (to a maximum of 6). Partisans spawning from your base call-in come in as a full squad (to help on maps with few buildings, or the end of the game where all the buildings have been collapsed). At T4, Partisans can upgrade with DP-28s or an additional Panzershrek.

Wehr:

Fortified Armor: Give vehicles in Hull Down the Spotting Scope effect, maybe only in the frontal 90 or 180 degrees. (A change to Hull Down in general really)

USF:

Heavy Cavalry: Move Combined Arms from a Commander Ability to being a vehicle activated buff. Slightly reduced cost.
Give the Pershing a vehicle crew repair.

Armor Company: Make the Elite Vehicles Crew be passive, granting one member the Thompson SMG. Grants an additional Thompson for each additional Veterancy Star the crew has, and increases repair speed while a Lieutenant, Captain or Major is nearby.

Allow the M-10 Wolverine to be built from the Company Command Post (Captain building), provided the Platoon Commmand Post (Lieutenant building) has been teched to.

OKW:

I ... actually have no idea what to meddle with here.

UKF:

Artillery Regiment: Switch early Warning to 2. Make it allow Infantry Sections to upgrade to Recon Sections, giving them the same vision as Pyrotechnic InfantryS, but also giving two of the squad members scoped Lee-Enfields (similar to their previous Vet 3) that functions like Pathfinder/Wehr Jaeger Light Infantry G43s. Takes up two weapon slots, but allows one additional weapon to be picked up when squad size is bolstered.

Give the Valentine Tank the Command Vehicle designation by default. Sure, the observation and aerial recon is overlap, but one is mobile, gives extra sight and costs munition. Also allows the Valentine to act as a command vehicle for the units actually fighting. Drop the Population cap to 10.

Change the Sexton so it can fire like a LeiG or Pack Howitzer. Add a Hold Fire so it won't give away its position if stealth is necessary.

Tactical Support: Allow Recovery Engineers to secure resource territories, allowing them to generate munitions or fuel (depending on the sector) for their player while stationary in the sector (ala Cargo Truck).

Maybe push the Forward Observation back to 7 CPs. Make the Forward Observation Post have doubled sight range while a unit is garrisoned. Allow units to reinforce from FOP. Allow other Forward Assemblies to use the additional off-map options while you have a standing FOP. Allow the FOP to use the Coordinated Fire (Base Howitzers) within its range.

Aight, have at it. Look forward to the comments.
7 Jul 2018, 16:59 PM

I really like your last suggestions for the UKF.

To be a bit specific:

Recon section has been suggested and requested before by a lot of people including me, matter of fact a recon section came with the Sexton as a sort of battle group a long time ago back in the UKF Alpha.

The Forward Observation post would actually make sense going with your suggestion because right now you might or may not have a building near the front where you can use this ability on.

And lastly, feel free to add me since I see that you're an old school British player like me, might get a few games in: https://steamcommunity.com/id/A_Soldier/
8 Jul 2018, 01:58 AM

I really like your last suggestions for the UKF.

To be a bit specific:

Recon section has been suggested and requested before by a lot of people including me, matter of fact a recon section came with the Sexton as a sort of battle group a long time ago back in the UKF Alpha.

The Forward Observation post would actually make sense going with your suggestion because right now you might or may not have a building near the front where you can use this ability on.

And lastly, feel free to add me since I see that you're an old school British player like me, might get a few games in: https://steamcommunity.com/id/A_Soldier/

Ah. Well, I didn't actually play CoH2 until maybe a year or two after it came out, so I missed out on some of the crazy ways Commanders worked and abilities they had. Like, I only recently found out that the AVRE came with demolition sappers.

Yeah, Forward Observation Post is in a weird spot. It comes out way too late to capitalize on a building that your infantry will be fighting around. The cost alone is pretty significant, somewhere inbetween a medium vehicle and a stationary artillery piece for other factions. On top of that, by 10 CPs, most of the good buildings will have been collapsed, rammed or be sighted by a mortar, and then you have to pay non-discounted munition costs for off-map abilities that still have to be within its radius. Its paradoxial and static in the worst ways possible, and I suspect that removing it for something else might be better than patchworking it.

Oh man, have not played Company of Heroes 1 for so long.
8 Jul 2018, 02:04 AM

7) Matilda Heavy Tank; Basically a Valentine in terms of overall stats, but with no auxillary abilities, making it basically only useful for taking damage. 280 Manpower, 75 Fuel, 9 Population Cap.

Id say having the valentine stats w/o map hacks would never get used. It could probably be stronger without being too OP as the valentine cant kill anything at all.

8 Jul 2018, 02:18 AM

Id say having the valentine stats w/o map hacks would never get used. It could probably be stronger without being too OP as the valentine cant kill anything at all.

That's probably what will happen with players mostly because the Valentine's main gun does like 80 damage. Pricing puts it somewhere between an armored car and an Ostwind, but I suppose you're paying for the gun on those things.

I'd say something like STUG-E armoring with an Armored Car main gun would be better for the price, but then again I read the wikipedia entry saying the Valentine supercedes the Matilda and all.

Errr, balancing an entire new tank might be more trouble than its worth.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★