Login

russian armor

GCS2 Practice Tournaments - Sunday 8th July

A_E
4 Jul 2018, 13:46 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

GCS2 Practice Tournaments

Greetings GCS2 players - there will be two practice tournaments this Sunday at 14:00 BST

Check ins open at 13:00 BST and close at 13:45 BST.

These will be for four reasons:
  • To play on the map changes which are going to hit automatch next week.
  • To try out the new ace game decider rule revision.
  • A chance for low seeds to practice without being eaten alive in round 1.
  • A chance for mid seeds to practice in tourney conditions without being eaten alive in round 2.

All matches will be best-of-three and under usual GCS2 rules, with one amendment (see below).

Tournament 1 - Top sixteen players

DevM and Noggano allowed to play if they so wish.

(Note if the check ins are low we reserve the right to change the cutoff for the top tourney to top eight players.)

Tournament 2 - All other players

An excellent opportunity to practice without being nuked by VonIvan and the like in round 1.

Ace Game Faction Pick Rule Revision

Now upon being VP leader in an ace game decider you will be asked:

"You are VP leader - select who will pick their faction first: you [ ] your opponent [ ]."

This means that it is now a true advantage and you aren't forced into being counter picked.

Pointed out by ikab - well spotted!

Map Revisions

Please play on the custom maps versions of the maps that are due to hit automatch next week.

The maps can be downloaded in this thread here.

Kind regards,

A_E
A_E
4 Jul 2018, 14:01 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Otherwise known as

"Yo Dawg I herd you like tournaments?

So I put some tournaments between your tournaments, so you can tournament before you qualify for the tournament!"

4 Jul 2018, 14:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Good Thing! Competitive Mini Tournament to keep the Heat up!
4 Jul 2018, 15:23 PM
Senior Referee Badge

So if you can't play sunday you are screwd and will lose seeds :/
4 Jul 2018, 15:34 PM
Senior Referee Badge

So if you can't play Sunday you are screwd and will lose seeds :/
if that's the case if u lose seeds for not joining the practise I'm not sure i agree with that
A_E
4 Jul 2018, 16:47 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

So if you can't play sunday you are screwd and will lose seeds :/

There will be equal and opposite movements between the participants.

People that do not participate will not move at all, they will be frozen in place.

I will ensure anyone that doesn't participate is not affected.
4 Jul 2018, 16:48 PM
Senior Referee Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 16:47 PMA_E

There will be equal and opposite movements between the participants.

People that do not participate will not move at all, they will be frozen in place.

I will ensure anyone that doesn't participate is not affected.

In that case, great initiative :D
4 Jul 2018, 16:51 PM
Senior Referee Badge

A_E
4 Jul 2018, 17:12 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Update: Sorry I have removed any ramifications on seeding for the bottom of the bracket during these practice tournaments. Apologies to any low seed players this may have given opportunity to, however I was being naive to create a situation like this at short notice - it won't work.

It is not fair to the mid rank players who stand to win nothing, they will only complain/ not participate which ruins the mechanism entirely. However the rest of the practice tournament concept remains.

On being a low seed in a tournament system - yes I know it's brutal. But these tournaments aren't designed to be 'for fun participation' events. Also they don't have gates or tiers.

They are designed to work out who the best CoH2 player in the world is. I respect people who stand no realistic chance of achieving that but participate anyway, but you have to understand your job is to cause upset and beat the best. You have to expect a brutal round 1 fight, just like you would have a brutal grand final fight.

That said please treat this practice tourney as a tournament you can make a dent in, all the top seeds are removed, and you can stretch your wings and try to get as far as you can!
4 Jul 2018, 18:56 PM
Patrion 14

Look, I'll come forward and say I was one of the low seeds who asked about finding ways of improving my seed outside of the main tourneys. Essentially I am 0-4 vs VonAsten and you can just say that I need to L2P and that I am not very good so deal with it. It's pretty fucking tough though to wake up early and put on your A game versus the very best players (VonAsten is the only player to beat Noggano in a best of 3 so far this tourney).

One of the issues I had was where wildcard players that have had their chance, kept their seed post tourney. My seed lowers, and that morning fight gets tougher. Essentially saying, yeah, I qualified better than these guys, but now they are in a better situation because they beat a few guys outside the top 32 and now I'm even more stuck in the bottom of the bracket (Hence why I played VonAsten twice). I almost felt like I should of just dropped out of the top 32 to play in the wildcard tourney because its the only way for me to move up at this point. Of course a player like Hulksmash deserves his spot.

I'm probably unique in my situation and so nothing should be done, BUT I want to work to be more impactful in the tourney.
A_E
4 Jul 2018, 19:10 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Look, I'll come forward and say I was one of the low seeds who asked about finding ways of improving my seed outside of the main tourneys. Essentially I am 0-4 vs VonAsten and you can just say that I need to L2P and that I am not very good so deal with it. It's pretty fucking tough though to wake up early and put on your A game versus the very best players (VonAsten is the only player to beat Noggano in a best of 3 so far this tourney).

One of the issues I had was where wildcard players that have had their chance kept their seed post tourney. My seed lowers, and that morning fight gets tougher. Essentially saying, yeah, I qualified better than these guys, but now they are in a better situation because they beat a few guys outside the top 32 and now I'm even more stuck in the bottom of the bracket (Hence why I played VonAsten twice). I almost felt like I should of just dropped out of the top 32 to play in the wildcard tourney because its the only way for me to move up at this point. Of course a player like Hulksmash deserves his spot.

I'm probably unique in my situation and so nothing should be done, BUT I want to work to be more impact in the tourney.

I do want to create a situation that helps give a chance to improve your seed to mid-low seeds (other than the losing 2-1 adjustment I did introduce). I recognise that I should have had a provision in to create more opportunity - but I do not have adequate breathing room in which to create this situation now. It is not enough notice to the players that stand to lose seeding.

It's also the biggest problem with the lack of feedback in this player pool. Hardly anyone comes to me with feedback in adequate time for me to do something about it. It's always based on the situation after the fact.

Ikab for example I only found out about his game changing feedback of the vp leader picking faction being unfair due to counterpicking as he was talking about it on his stream and I happened to be watching!

I hope you can take a game off or even upset whoever it is you play in Overlord after some good practice on Sunday. That is your best bet!
4 Jul 2018, 19:25 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 19:10 PMA_E

I do want to create a situation that helps give a chance to improve your seed to mid-low seeds (other than the losing 2-1 adjustment I did introduce). I recognise that I should have had a provision in to create more opportunity - but I do not have adequate breathing room in which to create this situation now. It is not enough notice to the players that stand to lose seeding.

It's also the biggest problem with the lack of feedback in this player pool. Hardly anyone comes to me with feedback in adequate time for me to do something about it. It's always based on the situation after the fact.

Ikab for example I only found out about his game changing feedback of the vp leader picking faction being unfair due to counterpicking as he was talking about it on his stream and I happened to be watching!

I hope you can take a game off or even upset whoever it is you play in Overlord after some good practice on Sunday. That is your best bet!

Definitely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS