Login

russian armor

Vehicles losing target

14 Sep 2013, 11:20 AM

Hi.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but if I target an enemy unit, say a sniper or a retreating sniper with my Scout car and then attempt to micro the Scout car it changes target if there are other units nearby.

Who, in their right mind decided that the scout car will prefer to kill MG's over a nearby sniper?

Anyway, as it stands right now it's impossible to micro your scout car and other units because as soon as you try to move the vehicle to avoid grenades and whatnot it will choose another target instead of the one you chose before moving the vehicle.

Solution:

Vehicles should not lose/change target if you issue a movement order. It should stay on the target even though a movement order was issued.
14 Sep 2013, 11:49 AM

Target priority is not a bug, its intented.
In CoH1 you even could used it to avoid/bait DMG to a certain unit... I'm sure you can also use it similar ways in CoH2.

Better get used to it, because it wont get removed.
14 Sep 2013, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2013, 11:49 AMSputnik
Target priority is not a bug, its intented.
In CoH1 you even could used it to avoid/bait DMG to a certain unit... I'm sure you can also use it similar ways in CoH2.

Better get used to it, because it wont get removed.

Yea but dude, who's playing? Me or the computer?

If I wanted someone else to make the decisions for me I'd watch a replay. Having a vehicle choose targets on its own when I have other intentions is just stupid and game breaking.

Automatic target priority if a unit is attacked and no orders have been issued is of course good. Having a unit that is possessed by a deamon who performs unwanted actions is madness.
Hux
14 Sep 2013, 13:18 PM
Patrion 14

I agree with OP.

Couple of times I've had panthers actively target infantry instead of the Soviet tanks bearing down on them, and when I've subsequently tried to chase the heavily damaged tanks to finish them off as soon as the move order is issued the turret begins to traverse in order to continue engaging the infantry.

That should be sorted out. Tanks should continue to engage a target that the player selects - regardless of whether a move order is made afterwards or not. This should continue until the player issues the vehicle to engage a different target or the target moves out of the tanks LOS

Kiting/ baiting is a legitimate tactic but when the AI arbitrarily overrides your commands and compromises your micro, well that is something completely different.
14 Sep 2013, 17:03 PM

not only vehicles have that problem but also infantry they should just add that unit will target selected target first until it is out range or dead then target priority kicks in
14 Sep 2013, 17:15 PM

I don't think it's a feature or a bug...it was just overlooked...i hope will get fixed.
14 Sep 2013, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2013, 13:18 PMHux

Kiting/ baiting is a legitimate tactic but when the AI arbitrarily overrides your commands and compromises your micro, well that is something completely different.

Well said
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS