Login

russian armor

Support Survivability

14 Sep 2013, 11:18 AM

I think support crew survivability nerf disproportionately affects germans because all 6 Soviet crewmembers are much harder to catch in a grenade radius than 4 german, and Soviets have precision mortar attack.
14 Sep 2013, 12:02 PM

How is the overal balance now? Does this in the grand scheme nerf the germans disproportionately?

Comparing units 1 on 1 is not useful unless there is context provided in how it affects the overal balance. Not saying you don't have a point but that it is unfair to compare units (or classes of units) 1 on 1.
14 Sep 2013, 14:14 PM

Devs stated in other threads that Germans make up for survivability with their higher damage per second or higher rate of fire
16 Sep 2013, 12:20 PM
Benefactor 115

The tournament showed that the game is very balanced right now, go play it and you'll see for yourself
16 Sep 2013, 15:59 PM

I think support crew survivability nerf disproportionately affects germans because all 6 Soviet crewmembers are much harder to catch in a grenade radius than 4 german, and Soviets have precision mortar attack.

Soviets do not have a "ranged grenade" like Rifle Grenades.
Soviets have 1CP Doctrinal "thrown grenades" (guards-or-Shock).

Both sides received a +25% dmg increase against weapon teams.

Soviets have a doctrinal, 1CP, vet 1, 60(?) muni precision mortar attack.
Germans have a doctrinal 60(?) muni, 1CP Incendiary grenade (mortar-half-track).

Germans have T2 half-track.
Germans have T0 Bunker 150(?)mp 60(?) muni, forward-reinforcement-bunker upgrade.

Looks balanced to me! :D
16 Sep 2013, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2013, 15:59 PMKingAnj

Soviets do not have a "ranged grenade" like Rifle Grenades.
Soviets have 1CP Doctrinal "thrown grenades" (guards-or-Shock).

Both sides received a +25% dmg increase against weapon teams.

Soviets have a doctrinal, 1CP, vet 1, 60(?) muni precision mortar attack.
Germans have a doctrinal 60(?) muni, 1CP Incendiary grenade (mortar-half-track).

Germans have T2 half-track.
Germans have T0 Bunker 150(?)mp 60(?) muni, forward-reinforcement-bunker upgrade.

Looks balanced to me! :D

You forgot Oorah that makes up for rifle nade range.

Precision mortar strike is not doctrinal, the regular Soviet mortar gets it as well at vet1 (gets it faster as well, since it requires less XP for vet).

What does the halftrack have to do with anything in that list? If you're going to include that then include clown cars for Soviets.
17 Sep 2013, 01:18 AM

You forgot Oorah that makes up for rifle nade range.

Precision mortar strike is not doctrinal, the regular Soviet mortar gets it as well at vet1 (gets it faster as well, since it requires less XP for vet).

What does the halftrack have to do with anything in that list? If you're going to include that then include clown cars for Soviets.

halftrack has to do with on-field reinforcements
17 Sep 2013, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2013, 01:18 AMDmeets

halftrack has to do with on-field reinforcements

Oh my bad, I didn't read the part where you specified the Bunker Command upgrade. I was thinking Bunker is an MG substitute.
17 Sep 2013, 02:31 AM

The Soviet MG is very vulnerable right now. Often as soon as you spot grens with it they rifle nade and retreat. Usually causing about 4 casualties for no loss of their own.

Not saying it needs a buff you just need to use combined arms for it to work. But I am saying it's not "unfair" relative to the German MG. As other posters have said comparing two units gets you no where, you have to think about the overall balance and how the units fit into the faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment