Login

russian armor

MG42 Post Patch

PAGES (10)down
23 Sep 2013, 00:03 AM

Here is a HMG42 vs Maxim i had the other day after patch, i win the encounter but what i want to point out is during my encounter Maxim was able to turn towards my HMG42 and able to fully ping down my HMG42 at end of encounter before they need to retreat i think it is demonstration of how bad the HMG42 became after patch

i am the german player with 10% HMG suppression increase bulletin
the Maxim player have the 5% HMG suppression increase bulletin

ps. hmm youtube embed don't work ohwell, guess you guys have to click the link
ps. off the topic i notice if a infantry is being pinged down by HMG and even if the HMG left but still being under fire by other infantry, they are still being pinged and will not recover from it until they are not under fire. is that true or a bug?
23 Sep 2013, 02:04 AM

Here is a HMG42 vs Maxim i had the other day after patch, i win the encounter but what i want to point out is during my encounter Maxim was able to turn towards my HMG42 and able to fully ping down my HMG42 at end of encounter before they need to retreat i think it is demonstration of how bad the HMG42 became after patch

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMG5wL-PacU[/youtube]

ps. off the topic i notice if a infantry is being pinged down by HMG and even if the HMG left but still being under fire by other infantry, they are still being pinged and will not recover from it until they are not under fire. is that true or a bug?

I think in VCoH all weapons did a little suppression, just not enough to actually suppress, so small arms fire can keep a squad pinned.

That is kind of odd - I presume that it's at such long range that the MG is having trouble dealing enough suppression to get the pin off, my own general experience of MGs vs Maxims post patch is that the set-up one always wins.

I kind of think the MG suppression's in a reasonable place right now (just so much better to play than last patch). The MG-42 could maybe get a little more suppression but I'm kind of chary about that while the bulletin's still kicking around.
23 Sep 2013, 03:45 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMG5wL-PacU[/youtube]

Several things happened here. Your mg42 was not in cover. The maxim ran into a crater and thus received yellow cover in all directions. Your mg42 pinned it around the 24 second mark but then had to reload. The models of your mg42 were all behind your mg42 and thus let combat status drop from the maxim; which let it get very fast suppression recovery during the mg42 reload.

Maxim was in cover while suppressed, firing at an mg42 in open cover. It then suppressed your mg42, however it got pinned again eventually.

This is not a good demonstration of mg42s lack of pinning.

Since there's a lack of videos showing an mg42 doing its job, I present to you this:

23 Sep 2013, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 03:45 AMEndeav

Several things happened here. Your mg42 was not in cover. The maxim ran into a crater and thus received yellow cover in all directions. Your mg42 pinned it around the 24 second mark but then had to reload. The models of your mg42 were all behind your mg42 and thus let combat status drop from the maxim; which let it get very fast suppression recovery during the mg42 reload.

Maxim was in cover while suppressed, firing at an mg42 in open cover. It then suppressed your mg42, however it got pinned again eventually.

This is not a good demonstration of mg42s lack of pinning.

Since there's a lack of videos showing an mg42 doing its job, I present to you this:

if you look closely my HMG42, it does have yellow cover too

but your video is a demonstration of what i mention that infantry is under pin even move away from HMG fire but stay in pin because they are under fire of other infantry
23 Sep 2013, 05:21 AM

Your mg42 was not in cover. It had a cover shield because it's south flank was receiving cover from that Bush, however th part pointed at the maxim had no cover.

Only MG's currently provide suppression, however yes the grenadiers kept the North conscripts in battle and didnt let their suppresion recover go back to normal
23 Sep 2013, 09:14 AM

I cant believe some of the comments here. All you have to do is look to vcoh to find the perfect mg suppression for mg42 - if you are infantry and you get caught out in the firing arc ( not on the edges) then pretty much you are going to ground and getting suppressed if not straight away then very quickly indeed.

A single mg can hold territory on its own and it should easily do so, that is if you are stupid enough to consistently walk directly at it with infantry.

I dont understand the soviet players complaining about this?

They have a lot of cons on field and can always flank early game until they get mortar, flame car, arty to bombard ect ect I just dont understand what the problem was.

Wher / ost are factions designed about locking down sectors of the map with mg42's and sov/ americans had the mass infantry which could hold its own and do nice flanks.

The idea of sovs having a mg which suppresses better than mg42 is idiotic.

Restore the mg to great suppression, if anything cut its arc down a bit and lets get on with it.
23 Sep 2013, 11:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 09:14 AMHS King
I cant believe some of the comments here. All you have to do is look to vcoh to find the perfect mg suppression for mg42 - if you are infantry and you get caught out in the firing arc ( not on the edges) then pretty much you are going to ground and getting suppressed if not straight away then very quickly indeed.

A single mg can hold territory on its own and it should easily do so, that is if you are stupid enough to consistently walk directly at it with infantry.

I dont understand the soviet players complaining about this?

They have a lot of cons on field and can always flank early game until they get mortar, flame car, arty to bombard ect ect I just dont understand what the problem was.

Wher / ost are factions designed about locking down sectors of the map with mg42's and sov/ americans had the mass infantry which could hold its own and do nice flanks.

The idea of sovs having a mg which suppresses better than mg42 is idiotic.

Restore the mg to great suppression, if anything cut its arc down a bit and lets get on with it.

Um, in VCoh you could charge an MG head-on with multiple rifles, it wouldn't suppress units in Green cover very fast at all (hence you could creep up to the Semois church) and it didn't suppress and pin quickly enough at the edge of its arc to force things caught at distance off the field. Right now I think the MG allows for that, whereas previously it didn't at all. The VCoh MG also couldn't cap when set up and MGs in houses received a lot more damage.

The problem was that getting a glancing burst at the MG's max range would force you to retreat a conscript squad as often as not, using green cover didn't really help because the suppression values were just so high, and the traverse meant that an MG would often near-instantly suppress three squads coming at it from different angles within the arc.
23 Sep 2013, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2013, 05:21 AMEndeav
Your mg42 was not in cover. It had a cover shield because it's south flank was receiving cover from that Bush, however th part pointed at the maxim had no cover.

Only MG's currently provide suppression, however yes the grenadiers kept the North conscripts in battle and didnt let their suppresion recover go back to normal

ah i c, thanks for the explanation. will see how things goes after tomorrows patch, see if any change to this. all i really want is at least HMG42 have same suppression as Maxim, right now Maxim pin my grens faster than I pin conscripts is just annoying and gren don't have anything like Molotov that can force the mg to relocate or wipe a HMG team with just one nade.

right now russian player just have better counter to HMGs and 1 Molotov it is done HMG42 either retreat or dead, on other hand german counter Maxim 1 rifle nade if you lucky you kill 4 if you are not lucky you kill 0, and Maxim just keep firing and gren is force to retreat, please don't say anything like "l2flank with gren", Maxim have 6 men crew and gren in early stage only have 4 rifles (maybe a LMG42 but it have a setup time almost same as Maxim and can't fire while moving if flank fire with LMG42, Maxim can just turn around and pin the gren) maybe kill 2 by flanking and Maxim can just quickly turn around or move to a house no problem.

right now Maxim have 6 men crew, better suppression, faster setup time, and german have weak counter to it in early game.
HMG42 right now have... err... better Arc that is about it, and russian conscripts can just BBQ it with molotov no problem

all i want is Conscript can't Orooah from front eage of LOS of my HMG42 and able to molotov it on the face, if relic change molotov to a nade so it won't force HMG42 to relocation or wipe with 1 nade. i won't have anything to complain too.

and i hope relic could do something about infantry remain in combat then can't recover from pin, that is just weird.
23 Sep 2013, 23:14 PM

Sorry but in the same way 1 Grenadier squad can rifle nade Maxim charging frontally.

The arc of fire on Maxim is so small then it's impossible to suppress more than one squad as you can literally crawl off the firing range.
If Soviet player will catch your multiple squads it means that you were moving your units in one big cluster rather than spreading them apart. In other words you got what you deserved.

It's true however that we've seen some weird cases when suppression wasn't applied when theoretically it should have been. Not sure if this is cover mechanics (which would work both ways, Maxims are affected by it as well) or some kind of glitch that should be look at.

BTW, tomorrow is a new patch, with new commanders so we will see what future will bring. Probably new issues and balance problems :)
24 Sep 2013, 23:04 PM

The RG can happen to an maxim this is true, but the damage difference is what makes the two scenarios more hurtful than the other. A good german player should not be blobbing it's not designed well for the German units. I personally thought the original concept of the maxim was an assault weapon, while the mg42 was a defensive weapon. With the current balance I don't know what the dev team wants.
25 Sep 2013, 15:03 PM

I think the MG might be a little too weak right now. I like how they are more vournerable to flanking, but I think they did too much, nerfing it in nearly all aspects. Several times ive seen conscripts orrahing MGs frontally, while still getting close enough to throw a molotov. In my oppinion, charging an MG frontally should be severely punished, not rewarded.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS